Sir Christopher Lee - He is indeed a Lee

Started by Kevin Patrick Carey on Thursday, August 8, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
8/8/2019 at 11:31 PM

He is from the same family line as Col Richard Lee.

Private User
6/1/2020 at 9:59 PM

Lee of Coton, Lee of Langley, or Lee of somewhere-else?

What does the primary evidence say?

Private User
9/15/2020 at 7:13 PM

I notice the tree stops short at a Henry Lee in the middle of the 18th century. Can anyone continue it?

9/15/2020 at 10:08 PM

Col Richard Lee was the son of a clothmaker in Worcester. We have no idea wbich family line he came from.

Private User
9/16/2020 at 1:02 PM

Actually, Brian, we're not sure of *that* either. There have been more recent studies casting doubt on the assumptions made by Mr. Thorndale.

In any case, the question is, how much farther back can we push the tree for Sir Christopher (Dracula, Saruman) Lee - or is Henry as far as it goes?

Private User
5/16/2022 at 7:53 PM

Thread necrology: it seems Col. Richard Lee's third son Francis went back to England, stayed there, and had descendants there. That might be a good place to start looking for a connection (but don't be surprised if you don't find one - "Lee" is *such* a common name!)

5/22/2022 at 10:15 AM

Brian Johnson to clarify - I am the Lee researcher who 'debunked' Thorndale's assertions in regard to his published efforts claiming John Leyes and Jane Hancock were Col Richard Lee's parents as the records and information that Thorndale cited DO NOT EXIST. All the documentation and previous records show that Richardus (Richard) Lee of Coton and Elizabeth Bendy as the parents of Col Richard Lee - here are my articles (as there is also a discussion thread on Geni concluding to these facts):

My research article: https://jacquelifinley.com/f/parents-of-col-richard-lee-the-immigrant

Discussion: https://www.geni.com/discussions/193270

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion