Ann Browne Franklin (Smith) - Browne?

Started by Tamás Flinn Caldwell-Gilbert on Sunday, August 4, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
8/4/2019 at 2:03 AM

Ann Smith Franklin has the name Browne attached to her on Geni but I don't see any other references to a Browne in her name on the internet. It looks like the Browne name was brought to this profile through a merge: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=70488997700 The name fields are locked, so could a curator please remove the Browne from her name.

The two profiles merged had different parents for Ann and then the parents were changed to Robert Smith and Anne Browne afterwards. Does anyone know if these are the right parents? This article about her has Samuel and Ann Smith as her parents: https://www.redwoodlibrary.org/blog/lwhite/2016/10/06/ann-smith-fra...

Thanks!

8/4/2019 at 3:53 AM

Fixed and locked. Her parents were Samuel & Anna Smith.

8/4/2019 at 4:34 AM

363677820350011581]] Thank you very much!

Also just a note - I noticed that a daughter by the name of Abigail has been attached to Ann and James a couple of times now and many other trees online have this daughter. But, Abigail is probably just a missreading of Abiah Buckmaster as Ann did not have a daughter called Abigail. Just putting this out there in case Abigail is once again added to the tree, which will probably happen as many other online trees include Abigail.

8/4/2019 at 11:23 AM

Good point. “ Abiah “ named after her grand mother.

8/4/2019 at 12:11 PM

And actually a Gedcom upload came in as soon as I touched it, with confused Franklin families, as well as highlighting previous errors.

- Where does Lewis Franklin, of Bedford County who died in Virginia belong?
- James "Jamie" Franklin, Jr died unmarried ; who were Agnes Franklin and her children ?

8/4/2019 at 12:31 PM

I don’t know where these Franklin’s belong either:

John Franklin, died at sea

Lewis Franklin, of Bedford County

Andres Franklin

They are not known children of James Franklin, Jr., of Dartmouth named in his will:

James Franklin's will, made Aug. 8,1748, proved Nov. 8, 1756, mentions: sons, Philip, James, Gideon, Ichabod, Uriah, and Elisha; daughters, Lydia Rowland, Abigail Handa, and MARTHA AYLESWORTH; and grand-daughter Sarah Lee [Scit, Rec,]

8/4/2019 at 1:04 PM

Perhaps Agnes Burton Franklin is related to Charles Burton

8/4/2019 at 9:15 PM

Found Lewis Franklin, of Bedford County. He was Ben’s nephew from brother John Franklin, postmaster of Boston

In case it’s not obvious I’m a Franklin fan.

8/4/2019 at 9:19 PM

Oh oops - it’s spurious.

John Franklin, postmaster of Boston

Married 1) Mary Gooch 2) Elizabeth Gooch, widow Hubbard. Only son John was lost at sea, no children.

Disconnected, locked, and added to “spurious pedigrees” project

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion