Chava has been attached to Curt.

Thanks,
I believe that these two are the same person and need to be merged as well
(G18.3 from page 547):

Private

Private

Claudia

Kevin,
Both merges were a thing of beauty! I'm not seeing any conflicts.

Claudia

Kevin,
FYI: Now that you've attached Chava to Curt for me, I've been able to add in their children from the book, who weren't in there yet.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Merge on Grace is now done.

Thanks!

Claudia

Kevin,
This is a merge I requested that needs to be completed for G17.2 Craig Kaye's wife
Carol (Norman) Kaye. One thing I discovered, which is not in UC is that Craig Kaye got remarried to Sandra in 2007, not too long before his death in 2008. The one thing I'm not really sure of is whether Carol died prior to Craig's 2nd marriage, or if they were divorced. (I've added a link to Craig Kaye's find-a-grave obituary to the About section of his profile):

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/4051545816370039283?return=merge...

Claudia

Kevin,
First off, I meant to tell you that G17.2 Craig Kaye and his wife are on page 549.

Secondly, I want to mention that on that same page, the same person, with same birth date, namely Alicia, is listed as the daughter of both G17.1 Craig Kaye, and G17.2 Barry Dennis Kaye. Based on the obit, I know that Craig would be the correct father for her. I think she is listed twice in Geni right now, once under each father. In such a case, is it better to just delete the one that is associated with the wrong parents, or is it necessary to do a merge to merge the two identical records together, and then specify the correct set of parents? It seems like deletion would be simpler, but I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Thanks!

Claudia

Thanks!

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Would you be willing to take this project over and complete the entries for me?

If you are please send me a private Geni message with your email address. I will want to send you a file that will help you with the data entry.

Also Randy will get you the remaining three volumes that you are missing.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Below is the profile for G17.2 Ofer Gazit. Five of his children have private profiles. One of them should be for Shalhevet who is missing her husband and child:

Private

Claudia

Kevin,

Below is the profile for 17.3 Dafna, from page 554. She has 5 children who are all private. One of them should be 18.1 Bar, who needs to have his wife added:

Private

Claudia

Done.

Please remember to give me the page number as well.

Okay, thanks!

Claudia

Kevin,
I've run into a problem with a couple of profiles. They are G14.7 Rivka, from page 557, and her husband. According to UC, she and her husband immigrated to Israel from Lithuania in 1933 and lived in Even Yehuda where they are buried together. The book even has big pictures of their epitaphs. But, the geni profile for G14.7 says that she was buried in Georgia, and you've attached a 1930 census record for a Beckie Kaplan in Hartford, CT, which I'm unable to see due to insufficient permission, but who I suspect would have to be for a different person:

Rivka Rivka Kaplan

Now, there is also a problem with the husband who has been attached to her, which appears to me to be the wrong husband because the information doesn't match up at all with what is in UC. The place and date of birth are both wrong, the date of death is way off, and the burial in Georgia isn't right either. Both were buried in Even Yehuda Israel, as per UC. Someone has put a write-up in the about section of his profile indicating that they had only 1 daughter named Yona, and that also doesn't match up with who the children of G14.7 and her husband were, as documented in UC. According to UC, the children were Batya, Raya, and Moshe. So... I'm thinking there may have been a bad merge at some point. Here is the profile for the husband that is currently attached:

Benjamin (Eliyahu) Kaplan

I would really appreciate your help with getting this sorted out. Thanks!

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Here's the correct Rivka Rivka Kaplan.

Can you please recheck it from her to the end of the branch.

Okay, thanks! I will take care of it.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

I also forgot to let you know of the ways that I note a Rabbi.

They are: R' instead of R., HaRav, R' Dr. or Grand Rabbi.

Neil's ABD has become A.B.D. and his Admor has become Admur.

I'm also going to need you to start adding each profile to the required projects.

For that, I'm going to send you a bunch of requests to join projects, please accept all of them.

Kevin

One of the projects starts with Revered and that is where you will add the Admurs and Grand Rabbis.

Okay, thanks.
I've been accepting the requests.

Are we talking about the title field? I've been adding R' (not R.) as the title for any rabbi that had that missing.

Not sure I understood about the ABD's and Admor/Admur's, but I wouldn't be able to edit Neil's profile anyway.

I'll need instructions on how to proceed with adding who to which project. Thanks.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

I have sent you requests for all of the projects that I believe that you will need to possibly add to. If you don't see a project in your list of projects, just click on Research, then Projects and search for the project that you require. Locate the project in the search results and then open it and either join it or make a request to join it. Once you are a member of that project, you can then add the profile to it.

Kevin

Kevin,

Could you clarify something? Were you saying that you use HaRav, R' Dr., and Grand Rabbi in the title field, or that you are using only R' in the title field for all Rabbis, instead of any of the other ones.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Those are what I use. I replace R. with R' or if it's already there in the Hebrew, I make them match by using the English form of what's in the Hebrew.

If you are not sure of what to do, just post a link here and I'll verify your work.

Kevin

Okay, I understand what titles to use now.

But, I have to tell you that while I've been working on the updates to the geni tree, I haven't been adding anyone to any projects. That part will be new to me. Earlier you had mentioned that you would be checking to make sure everyone was in the right project. Every time I add a new person who is in the UC book, should I have been adding their profile to the UC project? Should I be checking that the ones already in the tree are part of the Unbroken Chain project as well? I am noticing now that some of the profiles seem to say that they are part of the Unbroken Chain project, while others do not.

Claudia Bullock,

Don't add any profiles to The Unbroken Chain project as the profiles in it have to do with the table of contents in the 1990 edition.

What we are doing is checking to make sure that all of the profiles in the books are on Geni and as correct as can be. If something doesn't match, just post here. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I'm still trying to finish Branch I of Chapter 4 and the final section of Chapter 12, Branch E. Neil was given new information after publishing volume 2 in 2017.

Kevin

Claudia Bullock,

Profiles must be deceased and public to be added to projects. If you find a profile that you think should be in a project and you cannot add it because it is still living, please let me know and I'll have a look at it for you.

Kevin

Okay, thanks. Makes perfect sense.

Claudia

Kevin,
This is G17.1 Irit from page 558. She is missing her husband and children:

Private

And this is G17.2 Ofer Ram from page 558, and he is missing his wife and kids:

Private

Claudia

Showing 241-270 of 2537 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion