• Private
    Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 2537 posts

Hi Kevin,
I've run into an issue with my 2nd cousins, Mark, Lance, and Bruce Lobar. They are the 3 sons of G15.4 (page 392) Caspar B. Lobar, who I've already got in the tree.

The problem is that there are already one or more private profiles out there for Mark, Lance, and Bruce, which are not connected into the tree as my 2nd cousins. Here is the first profile for Mark. This one shows both of his parents, but doesn't include his ex-wife Sandy, his daughter <private> Baxter, or his current husband John Weiss :

Private

Then, there is this other profile for Mark, which says only that he is a widower of Sandy, and parent of <private> baxter. In this profile, I'm not sure if the term widower is technically correct since I was always told that they had divorced prior to her death. :

Private

This is the father of Mark, Lance, and Bruce, who I already have in the tree:

Casper B. Lobar

Claudia Bullock,

Merged and updated.

Thanks Kevin!

Kevin,
Here is another private profile that needs to be connected to her parents. She is G16.2 Amy Carol Maile, from page 392:

Private

She needs to be connected to her father, G15.2 Caspar "Bob" Friedman:

Caspar "Bob" J. Friedman

And to her mother, Frances Friedman:

Frances Friedman

Hi Kevin,
You might want to check over page 403. Although the 2 profiles below are private profiles and I can't really see everything, the surnames appear to be wrong for the children on these profiles: :

Private

Private

Thanks!

Kevin, these are duplicate profiles that need to be merged. One is private and one is not. This person died April 30, 2013:

Renee Ellenbogen

Renee Ellenbogen

Claudia Bullock,

Thanks for bringing it up. Profiles have been merged.

You are welcome. Thanks for taking care of it!

Kevin, this private profile needs to have two children added. They are G18.1 Jordan Poles, and G18.2 Jillian, from the bottom of page 405:

Private

The following profile (G17.2 Joshua Harry Stine, at the bottom of page 405) shows up in Geni as a sibling to the one I just posted, but in Unbroken Chain it appears that he was adopted at birth, so would not be a biological sibling, and the parents would not be biological parents. This is a private profile, and his wife Jeannetter Gauyin, is missing as well.

Private

All done

Thanks Kevin,

This private profile is missing his 2 children, G17.1 Ali, and G17.2 Sara, from the bottom of page 407:

Private

Done.

Claudia Bullock,

Please pay attention to the footnotes at the bottom of some of the pages as there was one that you missed. It did contain some information to clear up the tree conflict that you created on page 399, G15.3 R' Mordecai Zvi Teicher of Tarnogrod's wife, Esther Teicher's ancestors.

I have cleaned it up for you.

Kevin

Kevin, thanks for cleaning this up. I actually remember reading the footnote and still managing to get confused at the time. Somehow things got complicated, so I'm glad you took care of it.

No problem at all. I've made similar mistakes before. I was struggling to sort out a mess in the Levinthal family and was finally able to sort it out. I just had to retrace my steps to find the actual incorrect merge.

Hi Kevin,
For Rochel (Garber) Kahn's profile, there are only 5 children listed, but page 413 shows 7 children. I can't tell which two are the missing ones:

Private

Claudia

Kevin,
For Rochel's sister Sarah (also on page 413), 5 of her 6 children are missing, but since it is a private profile, I can't add them:

Private

Claudia

Kevin,
G17.3- Eli Garber (also page 413), is missing his wife, Batsheba Weintraub, and one of his daughters (I can't tell which one since the profiles are private):

Private

Hi Kevin,
The profile for G16.5 R. Abraham Elchanon Spiegel, page 414 needs to have his 'first wife' added as well as the descendants of him and his first wife:

Rabbi Avrohom Spiegel

Claudia Bullock,

All done. There is an error on page 418 in regards to the placement of the two children of G17.3 Susha, who married Efraim Zalman Steinwortzel. They are below her sister Rivka. Efraim Zalman is located on page 194 G17.9 (it's listed in the book as the second G17.8)

Thanks, Kevin,
There also appeared to be some errors in the book on page 409 with surnames assigned that didn't make sense (some of the G17 Spiegel siblings incorrectly listed as Carlbachs), and which differed from what was already in Geni, so I didn't alter what was already in Geni. Also, there is a G18 Leora (Lauren) Daniella Aviva listed on that page who is daughter of G17.2, who married David Krieger, and according to what is in Geni, this appears to actually be two separate daughters, even though they appear in the Unbroken Chain as if they are one single person.

Kevin, on page 415 for G17.2 Henye, married to Chaim Baruch Weschsler, there are only 2 children listed, while Geni has 9. Such a big difference that I thought I should mention it in case some of them might be duplicates. They are all private, so I can't tell.

Kevin,
I need to have you check the descendants of G16.5 Yaakov Isaac Spiegel, which begin at the top of page 416, and continue onto page 417, ending with G7.14 Shlomo Spiegel. The problem is that there seem to be some missing children, but since these are largely private profiles, and there is more than one Spiegel who married a Rottenberg, I can't tell exactly who is who, and who is missing which children.

Kevin, Just an FYI. There are 4 sons listed at the top of page 418 for Channa Leah, who married Osher Sternbuch, while Geni has all 4 of those, plus 6 more children. None are duplicates.

Kevin, regarding Efraim Zalman Steinwortzel and Susha who you mentioned above,
I checked page 194, and it looks like they also had a daughter (G18.1) who married Zvi Elimelech Horowitz, who needs to be added to Geni. I can't add her since it is a private profile.

Claudia Bullock,

I'm now working on the Spiegel section of Chapter 8. I will then go back and get the other one.

Showing 61-90 of 2537 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion