Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 2537 posts

Randy, There doesn't appear to be an alternative.

Thanks Kevin,

I will definitely be careful about the merging, as I know there are many people within the same family that all have the same name, but are quite definitely different people!

Incidentally, in the Kansas City area, the Midwest Genealogy Center has a copy of Volume 1 and 2 of the 3rd edition of Unbroken Chain, but they are only for 'in library use'. I pointed out to them that the 3rd and 4th volumes are available now, and recommended that they purchase them, and they have agreed to do so. Unfortunately, the place is about an hour from where I live, so I don't get there much. So, I am happy that I at least own a personal copy of Volume 3.

Claudia,

Let them know when the final volume comes out, so that they can get a copy of it.

Kevin,

There is a problem with the profile below being assigned to the wrong parents. This person is G14.3 from page 360 of Volume 3, who is the daughter of G13.2 Moses Haim Eliasberg, who married Roshke (page 358). This profile has been mistakenly attached to G13.1 Samuel Eliasberg of Minsk and his wife Gitel :

Sora Dvora Luria

This is the correct father that this profile needs to be associated with:

Chaim Moshe Eliashberg

And here is the mother:

Roshke Eliasberg

I am bringing this to your attention since this problem is with one of the profiles that I think you've worked on in the last year. I'm happy to take care of it. Do you want me to bring this to your attention every time I see a problem with one that you've worked on in the last year, or is it okay if I just promise to be real careful? I actually am a very detail oriented and careful person. Let me know. Thanks!

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Fixed. Please do the same when you find something that you can't fix on your own.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure who the child is on this profile and why it is marked private, because considering that the father died in 1907, the child must be deceased as well. I would like to be able to make sure that this profile includes the correct wife and child as shown on page 361 of Volume 3, as the wife is currently missing from the Geni profile, and I suspect that the private child shown on this profile could be a different and/or incorrect child. According to Unbroken Chain, Volume 3, there should only be one child, and that should be the "Wife of R' Elijah Moses Bromberg", but what is in there now is showing up as <private> Moses. Please advise:

R' Abraham Abba HaKohen Rabinowitz, ABD Auce, Klykoliai, and then Pakruojis

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Profile marked as deceased and public.

Thanks Kevin!

Claudia Bullock,

When you finish Chapter 8, can you please continue with Chapter 9 and then Chapter 10.

Kevin

Kevin,
Yes, I'd be happy to do that.

Thanks.

Hi Kevin:
I'm having some issues with this profile:

Neshie Anna Levine

The problem is that according to Chapter 8, page 362, there should be 2 children, namely Isadore Levine and Keila. What I'm seeing is an Isadore, but no Keila, plus there are an extra 5 children on the profile who I do not see in the book. The Isadore who has been attached to this profile also has an obit that doesn't seem to match up with any of the siblings that are stated on his profile!

Let me know how you'd like me to handle this. I'm not sure what the basis was for attaching all of those children, as I don't see any documenation that would substantiate that they are attached to the correct parents.

Thanks!

Claudia Bullock,

Here's the profile that you want to work on: Anna (Neshie) Levine.

Please go back and add her husband's father.

Thanks Kevin,

Next issue is regarding G16.2 Celia, from page 369 of Chapter 8. She is the daughter of G15.2 Sara Rachel (Kliot) Pokross and Philip Pokross. I believe she is already in Geni, and that this is her private profile:

Private

Can you attach her to her parents who I have already added to the tree? Here is her mother:

Private

And here is her father:

Philip Pokross

Thanks!

Kevin,

FYI: I found a discrepancy between what was in the Unbroken Chain, and what was in Geni, but was able to verify that the information that was already in Geni was correct.

The error is on page 376, and pertains to the following 2 lines:

G15.1 David Heller
G15.2 Harold Heller, born in 1920, married Dvora Halushka, having issue.

The problem is that the information given for G15.2 actually applies to a David H. Heller, presumably David Harold Heller, so they are actually the same person.

I did find an obituary for David H. Heller that has quite a bit of information about
the family. I was able to access the Chicago Sun-Times obituary through the
NewsBank obituary database, which I have access to through the Midwest Genealogy Center (I have a library card that gives me online access) and to download it as a PDF to my computer. Is it permissible for me to upload that PDF to the profile, and would you like me to do so?

Kevin, I've got a question about this profile. I believe it may be for G16.1 R. Dov Zvi Kreiswirth, from page 377 (who is still living), and if so then his 7 children who appear in The Unbroken Chain are all missing. Do the living children need to be added, and if so, how?

Rabbi Dov Tzvi Kreiswirth

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

If you can't add any part of the tree due to your permissions, then post here and I'll add them for you.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

It looks like you've taken care of it.

Kevin,
This private profile is G16.2 David Yaakov Wolbe, from page 378. It looks like he is missing his wife, and then his daughter is missing her child:

Private

Claudia Bullock,

She wasn't missing, just divorced from her husband, Yanki.

In regards to Yanki's daughter Raizy, it was previously added and has been checked.

Also merged in.

Kevin,

On page 378, I have G16.2 David Yaakov Wolbe, born on August 14, 1958, married Henya Orna, born in Germany on May 3, 1947, daughter of Moshe Shak and Miriam

Is this the same person as the Yankl that you mentioned?

Kevin,

I had to skip over pages 378 - 380 because they are mostly all living people that I can't see. I picked up again beginning with G14.3 Etta on page 381.

Claudia,

That's correct and I'll check those pages for you.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I found a discrepancy for this profile on page 381, which I believe is for
G14.2 Yehta Reva, married Judah (Idel) Friedman:

Yenta Reva Friedman

Unbroken Chain lists 8 children, while the Geni profile looks like it is showing 4 of them as her children, and the other 4 as her siblings.

Oh, on the last post I should have mentioned that they are all private profiles. Lots of living people all of a sudden!

Claudia Bullock,

I've cleaned that section up and made a few fixes to the tree.

Showing 31-60 of 2537 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion