Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 361-390 of 2543 posts

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

Thanks,

Geni identified a tree merge for G17.2 Dianne, from page 590. I've requested the following merge that needs to be completed:

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000107286510896?from%5Fflash...

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

This is the private profile for G17.1 Karen from the top of page 591. She and her two siblings, G17.2 Judy, and G17.3 David Ditkofsky need to have their children added.

Private

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

There are some duplicate family members on this profile that I'm unable to resolve because some of them are private. Could you resolve the duplicates for me? :

Abe Ditkofsky

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

This is the profile for G16.2 Phillip Ditkofsky from page 590. He duplicates on his profile for his wife, which I need your help to resolve:

Philip Ditkofsky

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

Thanks!

Regarding the 6 children of G14.1 Daniel Joseph Ditkofsky (page 584), UC is not crystal clear about which children belong to which of his two wives, so I'm a bit confused about what to do with G15.3 Harry (Aryeh) Ditkofsky from page 592. Here is what I know:

G15.1 Israel (page 586) was the oldest (born in 1890), and so I assumed he was the son of the first wife Rebecca, given that UC specifically indicates that the 2nd son, G15.2 Jack (page 590, born April 15, 1894) was a son of the first wife, Rebecca.

G15.3 Harry (Aryeh) Ditkofsky (from page 592) was born in 1895. This is close proximity to G15.2's birth, so my best guess is that he is probably Rebecca's child as well, but UC does not specify. I am inclined to put him as Rebecca's child for now.

UC states that G15.4 Bayla (Bella) was born much later on April 3, 1904 (page 593), and does not specify to which mother. However, UC does specify that G15.6 Maurice Ditofsky (page 595), born 2/10/1904 was a son of the 2nd wife Riva Leah. Now the problem with this is that the children clearly could not have been born 2 months apart, so the birth dates can't be exactly right. Also, UC states that G15.6 Maurice was the youngest.

UC specifies that G15.5 Samuel (Simi) Ditkofsky (page 594) was a son of the 2nd wife Riva Leah, and if we go by the burial permit depicted on page 594, he was born on January 5, 1898. So... I figure any of the children born 1898 or later would have belonged to Riva Leah, but I'm still not 100% which mother 15.3 Harry (page 592), born in 1895 belongs to, although I'm inclined to put him with the first wife Rebecca for the time being.

So... let me know what you think.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

I need a link please.

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

This is the link for G14.1 Daniel Joseph Ditkofsky (page 584) who I mentioned in my last post. As you can see, his first 2 sons (G15.1 and G15.2 have been added), and I'll be working on adding his remaining 4 children. I'm going to skip over G15.3 Harry (Aryeh) from page 592 for now and work on G15.4 Bayla (Bella), from page 593. I figured I might as well do that until I hear back from you regarding your thoughts on G15.3 discussed in my last post.

Daniel Joseph Ditkofsky

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Harry belongs under Riva as does Bayla and Samuel. The youngest son has a different mother according to Drouin Collection. I think that it is just a mistake in the original record.

Kevin

Claudia Bullock,

they all belong to the same mother.

Kevin

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

If I'm understanding correctly when you say 'all' you are referring to all of the last 4 children (Harry, Bayla, Samuel, and Maurice), but the first two, which I've already assigned to Rebecca should be correct. UC specifically states that the 2nd child was a son of Rebecca. Are we on the same page on that part?

Thanks,

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit

Geni has identified a tree match for G17.2 Donna Pervin from page 592. I've requested the following merge that needs to be completed:

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000107368891833?fsession%5Fi...

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Yes.

Merge has been completed.

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

It has just been pointed out to me by Private User that there is an obvious error on the DOB for the profile of G13.2's Husband, R' Joel Ashkenazi-Katzenellenbogen. It is currently shown as 1549, which is the same birthdate as his son G14.2 Abraham (Joseph Jacob) Ashkenazi Katzenellenbogen. Page 332 of Volume 3 documents that this is the correct birthdate for G14.2, but does not give dates of birth and death for his father R' Joel Ashkenazi-Katzenellenbogen.

Here are the links to the Geni profiles R' Joel Ashkenazi-Katzenellenbogen and his son. Would you be able to verify the correct birth date for R' Joel, as I can't seem to find it in the Volume I've got?:

R' Joel Ashkenazi-Katzenellenbogen

R' Abraham Josef Jacob Ashkenazi-Katzenellenbogen, A.B.D. Janow and then Lvov

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

This is the private profile for G15.5 Asher Michael Denton from page 596. He needs to have his 3 children added:

Asher Michael Denton

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

DOB has been removed.

Thanks.

Kevin Lawrence Hanit

This is the profile for G14.3 Beila Rishke from page 596:

Beila Rishke Olechanowicz

Four of her five children (G15.1, G15.2, G15.3, and G15.5) are missing their spouse and all of their descendants, and the other one (G15.4) is missing her (2nd) husband
Since all 5 of G14.3's children are private, I'll need you to add the missing people. The 5 children are on pages 596-597.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

I've gone ahead and updated the profiles of the deceased children for you. You should now be able to add most of the rest of the profiles. I will once you are done, add the profiles that are missing.

Kevin

Thanks!

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

Geni has identified a tree match for G17.2 Dina from page 597. I've requested the following merge that needs to be completed:

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000107523958874?fsession%5Fi...

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

The only one of the children now that still has missing profiles is G15.5 Isaac (Yitzchak) Olechnowicz (page 598), who needs his wife and 2 kids added.

Private

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

All done.

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

Thanks. Here is one I think you may have missed when we were cross-posting. This is the private profile for G15.5 Asher Michael Denton from page 596, and he needs to have his 3 children added:

Asher Michael Denton

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

Which project do you add profiles to when they say "perished in WWII"?

Claudia

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

Below are the private profiles for G15.1 Asher Meir (Freund) Yedidi from page 600, and G15.2 Alona from page 601. Their spouses and descendants are (mostly) missing and need to be added:

Asher Meir Yedidi

Private User

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

When asking a question about what project to put someone into, please provide a link to the profile.

The answer to the question of what project to put someone in when it lists perished in WWII and it is Victims of the Nazi Holocaust.

In this case it would be a lot faster for both of us, if you just recreate the entire missing branch as children of Channah Freund.

Post back that they are done and I'll merge them in.

Kevin

Claudia Bullock,

Asher Michael now has his three children.

Kevin

Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

I will re-create the brach for the children of Hannah Freund, and will post back when I am done.

Here are the links to the multiple 'perished in WWII' profiles, which I came across on page 600. They are for 14.8 Gitel, G14.9 Rachel, and G14.10 Leah. So, do you want me to add them all to "Victims of the Nazi Holocaust"? I thought that the word 'perished' might apply specifically to the Holocaust, but wasn't really sure because the Holocaust wasn't specifically mentioned. Let me know what you think:

Rachel ?

Gitel ?

Leah ?

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Just put them in there.

Kevin

Showing 361-390 of 2543 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion