• Private
    Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 271-300 of 2543 posts

Thanks, Kevin,

Are there projects for people who were killed in specific wars, such as the 1948 Israeli War of Liberation? I just noticed that G15.3 from the bottom of page 558 died in that war.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

There are projects for almost every cause of death. If you can't find a project for the war, then add them to the Killed in Action (War) project.

I've invited you into it along with two portals. One is the Cause of Death portal and the other one is the Occupations portal.

Kevin

Claudia Bullock,

Have you added the profile to the Killed in Action (War) project?

Kevin

Kevin,
I was fixing dinner. I will try it now.

Claudia

Kevin,
I hope I did it right. I went to the profile, and under invite to project, I did a request to add him to the killed in action project, and then it said that the request had been sent.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Please post a link to the profile, so that I can check it out.

Kevin

Here it is:

Moses Judah Kaplan

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

the option that you need to click is Add to Project and then you should be able to add them to the project. If you can't, then Geni will automatically generate a request to add him to it.

Kevin

Kevin,
This time I tried going to the project itself, and clicking 'add to project' to add him.

Last time I was trying to add him directly from his profile, but there wasn't an option that said add to project. There were a couple places on the profile where you could select invite to project, and then when asked which project to 'add' him to I was able to select it from a drop down menu, and geni gave a message that the request had been sent.

But.... I'm not sure that either has worked, because I don't see the project listed on his profile yet.

Do you normally navigate to the project to do the add, or are you able to do it directly from their profile?

Claudia

Kevin,

I was able to successfully add this profile to the rabbi project, directly from his profile:

Rabbi Judah Leib Agushewitz

I'm not sure why his profile had the 'add' option, but the other one didn't.

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

If it says Invite to Project, it likely means that you don't have full rights on that profile, so I've done it for you.

You will also need to start requesting to collaborate with users.

I'll send you a message with some that you should collaborate with.

Kevin

Kevin,

These 2 private profiles are for both for G18.2 Avi Moses, from page 561, and need to be merged:

Private User

Private User

Claudia

Kevin,
These 2 private profiles are both for G18.4 Dr. Eli (Eliyahu) Moses from page 561, and need to be merged:

Private User

Private User

Claudia Bullock,

All done.

Hi Kevin,

These two private profiles are both for G18.2 from page 563, and need to have their trees merged. Once these profiles are merged, this should bring his wife and 3 of their 4 children into the tree. If I had to guess, I'd say that the missing child that will need to be added is probably G19.4 Marley Belle, since she was born the most recently:

Private

Private

Claudia

Kevin,
These are two private profiles for G18.3 Dr. Michael Samuel Agus that need to be merged:

Private User

Private User

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

All done

Kevin,
Here are the private profiles for G17.2 Eudice from the bottom of page 564, and her new husband David Germaine that she was re-married to after being divorced from the first husband. I need you to connect her with this husband.

Private

Private User

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Let the library near you that carries the books, that volume 5 has now been published.

There are three chapters left to be published as Chapters 14 and 15 are in volume 5.

Eudice and David have been connected.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the reminder. I called The Midwest Genealogy Library, and they are going to order Volume 5. They already have the first 4 Volumes now. Unfortunately, none will be in Circulation. Since they will only have one copy of each, they will be Reference Books for in-Library Use only. Unless someone donates a volume, in which case they would allow 1 of the 2 copies to go into circulation. I think that is what must have happened with the 1990 edition because they do allow that one to be borrowed now.

Claudia

Kevin,

This profile is in Geni with DOD of 1958, and UC says 1953. I can't tell which is correct, so I didn't change it, and just added a comment to the about section:

Sam Robbins

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

What page please?

Sorry about that. It is page 567.

Claudia

This private profile is G16.2 Yetta from page 567, who is a daughter of G15.4 Sam Robbins and his 2nd wife Chaya. Rignt now she is showing up as daughter as the first wife.

Private

This is the profile for her correct mother Chaya:

Chaya Robbins

Claudia Bullock,

Done and note is ok.

Thanks, Kevin,

I'm having a lot of trouble with the descendants of G14.3 Batsheva (Rabinowitz) Friedman, who is on page 567 because all of her descendants' profiles are private, however, I believe that they are all deceased and need to be made public.

Here is Batsheva's profile:

Bathsheba Friedman

Claudia

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

All made public.

Thanks, Kevin,

This is the private profile for G17 Gita from page 568. She is missing her son G18.2 Zachary:

Private User

Claudia

Claudia Bullock,

Added.

Thanks!

Claudia

Showing 271-300 of 2543 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion