Started by Kimberly Tart Owens on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
7/16/2019 at 6:31 PM

John De Crawford is my 22nd GGrandfather

7/16/2019 at 6:59 PM

"According to Geni," John de Crawford, of Crawford is my 24th great grandfather.

Me → Henry Marvin Welborn my father → Emma Corine Welborn (Bombard) his mother → Emma Elizabeth Free / Bombard her mother → Isabelle Pridgen (Bynum) her mother → Robert W Bynum her father → Elizabeth Bynum his mother → Lydia Mitchell (Wheeler) her mother → Jonathan Wheeler, I her father → Martha Wheeler (Salisbury) his mother → William Salisbury her father → William Salisbury, of Denbigh & Swansea his father → John Salisbury, of Denbigh his father → Lady Ursula Salusbury
his mother → Jane Halsall, of Knowsley her mother → Jane Osbaldeston her mother → Elizabeth Beaumont her mother → Sir John Harington, of Hornby her father → Elizabeth Harrington his mother → Thomas Dacre, 6th Baron Dacre her father → Joan Dacre
his mother → William Douglas, 1st Earl of Douglas & Mar her father → Sir Archibald 'The Tyneman' Douglas his father → William the Hardy, Lord of Douglas his father → William Longleg, Lord of Douglas his father → Lady Margaret de Crawford
his mother → Sir John de Crawford, of Crawford her father

'If' the above is True, then we are related. In fact, Geni states we are 20th Cousins.

7/16/2019 at 7:03 PM

If you're seeking DNA, and you're on Gedmatch, here are my Gedmatch numbers:
HP9917098 (livingDNA)
PV1099041 (Ancestry)
YD6120745 (FTDNA)
FN5297119 (MyHeritage)

7/17/2019 at 6:23 AM

That is awesome!! Yes i have ran the numbers in GEDmatch and it looks like we are in fact related. Would love to get more information if you have any to share. I have just started on this when I began Searching for my Native American lines.
Thanks, Kim

7/17/2019 at 3:07 PM

Well, click on my profile name (above) and you will find my tree there.

Just curious, how big was the DNA match? (via Gedcom)

7/17/2019 at 3:08 PM

by looking at your tree & mine, it looks like we connect via those
Douglas Scots....a very important family in the history of Scotland.

7/17/2019 at 6:29 PM

I just sent you a message. Douglas Scots and not the Crawford line??

7/17/2019 at 6:30 PM

And it was 21 shared segments on Gedcom

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion