Showing all 3 posts

Catharina "Groote Catrijn" van Paliacatta, SM/PROG
Hans Christoffel Snijman, SV/PROG
Christoffel Snijman
Anthonij Jansz van Bengale, SV/PROG

Sharon Doubell
Private User
Private User

I have carried out a fairly detailed examination of Anthonij van Bengale’s estate papers and have produced an analysis that extends to seven pages so not suitable for posting directly to a discussion. I have therefore uploaded the report - titled Anthonij van Bengale’s Estate - to Christoffel Snijman’s, Anthonij van Bengale’s and Groote Catrijn’s profiles. I also trust that I have initiated this discussion properly and linked it to the profiles of the prime protagonists - Anthonij van Bengale, Groote Catrijn, Christoffel Snijman, and, for completeness, Hans Christoffel Snijman.

In summary, my analysis suggests that:
• Catharina and Anthonij both died prior to the auction of Anthonij’s estate on 17 December 1682 and, in fact, must have died some little while prior to that date to allow the Orphan Chamber time to take control of the estate and issue notices for the auction.
• ­A double funeral and large wake was held, but it was for the two of them and held around December 1682 rather than being for Catharina and Petronella and held around April 1683.
• ­Catharina’s daughter, Petronella, possibly died earlier than has been suggested from sometime in late 1682 to early 1683.
• ­Catharina’s grand-daughter, also Petronella, died towards the end of 1683, probably around September.
• ­Anthonij and Catharina both died intestate as did Petronella.
• ­Christoffel inherited via intestate succession to be recognised by the Orphan Chamber as ‘universal’ heir.

Comments welcome.

Is Yaaay a comment? :-)

I'm hoping to come back and truly appreciate all the fantastic research work undertaken in this area. Thank you in the meantime; and yes the cross reference linking has worked :-)

Thank-you!

I will study it when I have an opportunity.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion