Rabbi Binyamin Shimon Zeev Wolf Ashkenazi (Tauber), [of Vilna] - Wrong Wife, Wrong Children

Started by Netanel Isaiah Frisch on Monday, May 20, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 22 posts
5/20/2019 at 5:34 AM

Rabbi Wolf Wife named Bella daughter of Rabbi Hersch Delhiner. (Her Burial discovered in Hildesheim)
Rabbi Yaakov Zak father wasn't Rabbi Wolf Vilner son of Rabbi Isaac Bunim's. Rabbi Yaakov Father had Zak surename and never lived in Vilnius

5/20/2019 at 6:00 AM

I will gladly correct errors on the Big Tree (most of which as results of wrong merges) - but the source of that information needs to be included as well.

8/20/2019 at 11:38 AM

Wrong Wife's. Rabbi Binyamin the father of Rabbi yaakov Zak (father of Chacham Zvi) wasn't marry Maharsha daughter or rabbi Yaakov of lublin daughter.
2. all of his children are truly a children of Rabbi Binyamin Wolf Meisles
Rabbi Simon-Binyamin son Isaac Wolf Meisels, of Vilna

Please fix the fault
Yigal Burstein

8/20/2019 at 11:54 AM

Netanel Isaiah Frisch and Yigal Burstein,

Please note that Dr. Rosenstein in "The Unbroken Chain", 3rd edition, volume 4, chapter 13, Branch A, page 647, states that what he had in the 1990 edition as the ancestry of the Chacham Tzvi Hirsch Ashkenazi is incorrect above his grandfather Rabbi Binyamin Shimon Zeev Wolf Ashkenazi, [of Vilna] and has been removed.

Kevin

8/20/2019 at 12:15 PM

Great, that's exactly what I say from rabbanic sources even without Neil's work.
The only son known to Rabbi Binyamin Zak is Rabbi Yaakov Zak. the Tauber-Meisles family aren't relatives! they descendants of Rema.

9/3/2019 at 12:57 PM

Please correct the children, wife (he didn't marry Maharsha daughter)
only Rabbi Yaakov Zak is his child. the others are from Rabbi Shimon Wulf Meisles the G.Child of Rema

9/3/2019 at 1:34 PM

Netanel Isaiah Frisch,

From which profile do you want the children removed and the wife corrected to what?

9/3/2019 at 2:04 PM

Rabbi Binyamin Shimon Zeev Wolf Ashkenazi, [of Vilna]
He is the father of Rabbi Yaakov Zak, Never marry Maharsha daughter.

The other, Rabbi Binyamin Shimon Wulf Wilner is the father of all other child, also a father in law of Rabbi Yehuda Wahl son of Rabbi Meir son of Rabbi Shaul Wahl

9/3/2019 at 2:22 PM

Netanel Isaiah Frisch,

Are you telling me that his only grandchild is Chacham Tzvi Hirsch Ashkenazi?

9/3/2019 at 3:29 PM

Yes, Rabbi Yaakov Zak had a complex life, a few years before his son was born he was considered dead. Later he was taken prisoner and released in Berlin

9/3/2019 at 3:39 PM

Yigal Burstein,

Can you please make the requested changes.

Kevin

9/4/2019 at 12:20 AM

Chacham Tzvi had a brother named Rabbi (Benjamin) Wolf Ofner (1661–1732). See the article by Alexandr Putik, THE PRAGUE SOJOURN OF RABBI JACOB EMDEN AS
DEPICTED IN HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY MEGILLAT SEFER, Judaica Bohemiae XLII, pp. 53 et seq.

See page 109 et seq.

https://media.geni.com/p13/92/6c/71/37/5344484e6e51a241/jb42_putik_...

9/4/2019 at 2:13 AM

Even if that is true it does not negate my claim.

9/4/2019 at 4:10 AM

I am afraid I messed up some changes

9/4/2019 at 5:42 AM

We don't know who married to Rabbi Binyamin Zak, (the father of Rabbi Yaakov Zak).
According to Randy source, Rabbi Yaakov Zak had another child named Wolf (Binyamin) Ofner from Prague.

all the childs stated as sibling of Rabbi Yaakov Zak are child of Rabbi Shimon Wolf Vilner the Grandchild of Rema
Rabbi Simon-Binyamin son Isaac Wolf Meisels, of Vilna
Beila Delhiner was the wife of Rabbi Shimon Wolf Vilner.

9/4/2019 at 8:23 AM

The last few days have made many changes to my family tree (which is a common tree for many people), some of the changes are mistakes, made without a source to verify the changes
I will give one example:
Yenta Leah Katz (Meisels), was the granddaughter of Rabbi Simcha Bonem of Krakow (his mother:shprinza was the daughter of Rabbi Samuel of Krakow), Simcha Bonem's father was rabbi avraham Meisels ,son of rabbi yosef,son (according to Naftali Aharon Wakstein:rabbi avraham Meisels ,according to wikipedia(in hebrew) Rabbi Yitzchak Isaac: :

9/4/2019 at 8:39 AM

Netanel Isaiah Frisch
hi netanel
Can you explain where the information about
Beila Tauber (Delhiner)
I read the passage in Hebrew that you included, she and her father are not mentioned at all
thanks

9/4/2019 at 8:48 AM

Haim Wartski, HaCohen
For your first message, this is what i'm complain about, there are two familys- Zak and Meisles-Vilner. some of the Geni users saw two Binyamin Wolf and falsly merge them.

2) http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=46421&st=&pgnu...
also, her headstone is in Halberstadt, Germany, anyone can take a look.

9/4/2019 at 8:58 AM

Netanel Isaiah Frisch

he and her father are not mentioned at all
The right thing to do (in my opinion) with all the changes you have made in the last few days, as well as the profiles you have opened to open up a discussion of the whole topic here as well as in the group we are both members of

9/4/2019 at 9:20 AM

The father mentioned in the fourth line of the page and his daughter mentioned in note 74 next page.
her headstone in Hildesheim, not Halberstadt.

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion