William "the Conqueror", king of England - My 25th Great Grandfather

Started by Gaye Strand(Kavalinovich) on Friday, May 3, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 76 posts

He's my grandfather on my mother and father side. How's that for odds

@Ronald Suitor. Statistics are so interesting. Following my ancestors back on Geni, I see a pattern where nearly all grandparents in my mother's paternal line (Winslow) go back to Norman nobility. I have found two lines to Wm the Conqueror & to Edward I, Longshanks. I can't imagine how my tree would look if I had any nobility from my other 3 grandparents. (Father's parents born Germany and my mother's maternal line is descended from Mennonites from along the Rhine who mostly went to PA & VA).
I have found two outliers who are NOT nobility. John Howland, who was an indentured servant of my aunt and uncle Carver. Elizabeth descends from nobility from both her Tilley and Hurst sides. And Pres. John Adams descends from Henry Adams of Braintree who was a commoner.
Anybody else out there who has stumbled on a similar pattern?

Well it is all about the corruption of the system, it revolves around the Freemasons, the Persians are the rulers, Frederick ll,

https://www.jstor.org/stable/43057843?seq=7#metadata_info_tab_contents

Brian Paul Troy is spot on. I have him as my 27th, GGF but: "From a genetic, scientific perspective, it is theoretically true that "statistically, most of the inhabitants of Western Europe are probably descended from William the Conqueror; they are equally likely to be descended from the man who groomed his charger" - a fun fact but only a small pecentage of us felt the need to back that far in our trees.

I'll weigh in as a family member. Hello, cousins. :) William is my 25th GGF.

Hats off to Brian.

I did a small collation of our ancestors back to the 100s great-greats. started as curiosity then turned to an obsession. I gifted it for the holidays last year.

25 here as well, according to Geni

Private User 19th Cousin twice removed

Private User Another cousin.

Very Nice Marvin :)

@Marvin Lloyd Welborn The Tink of Toad Yup, 11th once removed. :)

And in some cases most of us are related more than once !!!

William "the Conqueror", king of England is my 28th great grandfather.

It is fascinating to coincide online after all these years. William "the Conqueror" is my 26th great grandfather. Cheers, everyone!

Actually, As I understand it. There are estimated to be about 80,000 to 100,000 living direct descendants of William I. Add cousins, nephews and nieces and the number grows exponentially.

Hi to all my cousins!
The current world population is 7.7 billion as of October 2019 according to the most recent United Nations estimates...The way I see it, 100,000 people with a direct blood line including nieces, nephews and cousins. It’s really a small amount off people.
But good luck getting us all together for a family reunion! LOL
William the Conqueror is my 26th GGF.
Absolutely fascinating!
Charla Ann

Snap!!!
Let me know where and when the reunion is!?
Hollywood bowl or Wembley!!??x

"From a genetic, scientific perspective, it is theoretically true that "statistically, most of the inhabitants of Western Europe are probably descended from William the Conqueror; they are equally likely to be descended from the man who groomed his charger"....

What gets interesting about this is that while we don't know who ran William the C's stables, we *do* know who ran his son Henry I's - a fellow named Gilbert. And this Gilbert founded a family that two generations later parlayed superior combat skills, intelligence, and determination into a place among the nobility: William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke

The Marshal shows up in a lot of people's pedigrees too.

Private User LOL on the quote. Turns out that the Earl is my 22nd great grandfather, too. :)
@Michael Christopher Pyle I'm with you for the party but it's gotta be Wembley. 90,000 seats. According to Private User, we're gonna need 10,000 to decline their invitations. ;)

We'll just take over London for a weekend!

From a genetic, scientific perspective, it is theoretically true that "statistically, most of the inhabitants of Western Europe are probably descended from William the Conqueror; they are equally likely to be descended from the man who groomed his charge

now that sounds like something i would say - short & pithy.

drsjp

Mine goes price to Hoyt, to Frowyke, thru Stourton to the King of England, as the Queen of Denmark today of Denmark, my Great Grandmother, 1066 battle of Hastings, William Killed or one of his men, King Harold Godwinsson. Thing is that if you are connected to Royalty than check to see if you are related to the rich and wealthy of the system. Anyone have a lineage on the Hoyts and or Stourton, Frowyke lineage, Wentworth, the highest priest, to William the Conqueror

Dr. Stephen John Pratt, Ph.D.: We all have different paths if we link to the king some don't, like I am not linked to the Rothschild's, But linked to all the Wealthy too, only them, when the Freemasonic side married the royalty side or they were the same, mixed the bloodlines again to my dad, so I am that of what you say, I am the family of what you are saying, George Soros, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zukerbburge, Mohammad Ali, to North Africa, King Arthur, are all you related to them too, if we linked to the king.

This is my Lineage.... CHECK IT OUT Lots of Kings in there after William too, anyone have that you follow the kings and queens down, HELLO, ................................. ....Robert Ernest Myers
your father → Lois Minerva Price
his mother → Hedley Vicar Price
her father → Sarah E Hoyt
his mother → James Hoyt
her father → James Hoyt
his father → James Hoyt
his father → Mary Hoyt (Pickett)
his mother → John Pickett, Jr.
her father → Margaret "Margett" Russ (Metcalfe)
his mother → Anne Metcalfe (Palleser)
her mother → John Robart Palleser
her father → Thomas Palliser, Jr.
his father → Dorothy Hussey
his mother → Anne Hussey (Grey), Baroness of Sleaford
her mother → George Grey, 2nd Earl of Kent
her father → Sir Edmund Grey, Sr., 1st Earl of Kent, Baron Grey of Ruthin
his father → Lady Constance de Holland
his mother → John Holland, 1st Duke of Exeter
her father → Joan, Countess of Kent
his mother → Edmund of Woodstock, 1st Earl of Kent
her father → Edward I "Longshanks", King of England
his father → Henry III, king of England
his father → John I "Lackland", King of England
his father → Henry II "Curtmantle", king of England
his father → Empress Matilda
his mother → Henry I "Beauclerc", King of England
her father → William "the Conqueror", king of England
his father

Greetings from Finland. There are descendants here as well, probably around the world. I have many different descendant through him. England and Scotland at least 4-5 different times. One of them will Come
You→ Päivi Margit Aalto
your mother → Matti Henriksson
her father → Frans Oskar Henriksson
his father → Alma Lovisa Henriksson
his mother → Maria Kristiina Wahlroos, daughter of Isaac
her mother → Maija Liisa Charles Duchess Brander
her mother → Charles Heikki Juhonpoika Brander
her father → Johan Joakimsson Brander
his father → Kristina Heikintytär Paulinus
his mother → Agneta Gabrielsdotter Paulinus
her mother → Christina Petersdotter Udnie
her mother → Peter Udnie, of Tillery
her father → William Andrewson Udnie, of Tillery
his father → Andrew Udny of Tillery
his father → Ranald Udny of that Ilk
his father → Janet Seton of Meldrum
his mother → Elizabeth Leslie
her mother → Alexander Leslie, 1st Baron Wardis
her father → Sir William Leslie, 4th Baron of Balquhain
his father → Isabel Mortimer
his mother → Bernard Mortimer, of Craigievar
her father → Sir Edmund Mortimer
his father → Philippa, 5th Countess of Ulster
his mother → Lionel of Antwerp, 1st Duke of Clarence
her father → Edward III, king of England
his father, Edward 2 his father, Edward 1his father, Henry 3 his father, John 1his father, Henry 2 his father, Empress Matilda his mother, Henry 1 her father, William "the Conqueror" FitzRobert, Duke of Normandy, King of England his father 31st great grandfather
But Scotland becomes the shortest bloodline
William "the Conqueror", the King of England is your 27st great grandfather Google Translation

William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke is your 26th great grandfather.
You
→ Päivi Margit Aalto
your mother → Matti Henriksson
her father → Frans oskar Henriksson
his father → Alma Lovisa Henriksson
his mother → Maria Kristiina Iisakintytär Wahlroos
her mother → Maija Liisa Kaarlentytär Brander
her mother → Kaarle Heikki Juhonpoika Brander
her father → Johan Joakimsson Brander
his father → Kristina Heikintytär Paulinus
his mother → Agneta Gabrielsdotter Paulinus
her mother → Christina Petersdotter Udnie
her mother → Peter Udnie, of Tillery
her father → William Andrewson Udnie, of Tillery
his father → Andrew Udny of Tillery
his father → Ranald Udny of that Ilk
his father → Janet Seton of Meldrum
his mother → William Seton
her father → Alexander Seton of Meldrum, of Meldrum
his father → William Seton, Baron Meldrum
his father → Lady Elizabeth Gordon
his mother → Elizabeth Keith of Aboyne & Cluny
her mother → Margaret Fraser of Touchfraser, heiress of Touchfraser
her mother → John Fraser of Touchfraser
her father → Mary Bruce
his mother → Robert de Bruce, 6th Lord of Annandale
her father → Isabel de Clare
his mother → Isabel Marshal, Countess of Cornwall
her mother → William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke
her father

This is what Geni came up with but my lineage goes thru Hoyt and Frowyke and Stourton to the grand daughter of the king of England Harold Godwinssons, they say Stourton is the true claimants to the throne, Richard Stourton to Frowyke, was the oldest son and John was the youngest to take the throne, not

Harold Godwinsson, King of England is your 32nd great grandfather

Jani, that is you, are you connected to Abraham Lincoln? Any of the presidents Clinton's Bush Donald Trump they are all related to me

Lord Bruce Ross Myers Thanks for telling us about King Harold. Following the lineage back, I've finally found the "teeniest bit of Welsh" my mom said we had in our line. :) Of course due to royal lines marrying, the line leads back to a King of Wales.

Lord Bruce Ross Myers Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the USA is your 21st cousin once removed. George Washington, 1st President of the USA is your 15th cousin 6 times removed. John Adams, 2nd President of the USA is your 21st cousin.
Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States of America is your 17th cousin four times removed. James Madison, 4th President of the United States is your 10th cousin 8 times removed. Hon. John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the USA is your 18th cousin thrice removed. Andrew Jackson, 7th President of the USA is your 15th cousin thrice removed. Martin Van Buren, 8th President of the USA is your 24th cousin once removed. William Henry Harrison, 9th President of the United States is your 16th cousin five times removed. John Tyler, 10th President of the United States is your 15th cousin thrice removed. James K. Polk, 11th President of the USA is your 13th cousin four times removed. President Zachary Scott Taylor, 12th President of the United States is your 17th cousin four times removed. Millard Fillmore, 13th President of the USA is your 18th cousin thrice removed. Franklin Pierce, 14th President of the USA is your 18th cousin thrice removed.
James Buchanan, 15th President of the United States is your 14th cousin four times removed. Andrew Johnson, 17th President of the USA is your 11th cousin five times removed. Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of the United States is your 15th cousin thrice removed. Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President of the USA is your 16th cousin twice removed. James A. Garfield, 20th President of the USA is your 21st cousin. Chester A. Arthur, 21st President of the USA is your 20th cousin once removed. Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the USA is your 13th cousin four times removed.
Grover Cleveland, 22nd and 24th President of the USA is your 16th cousin twice removed. William McKinley, 25th President of the USA is your 14th cousin thrice removed. Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th President of the USA is your 14th cousin thrice removed.
William H. Taft, 27th President of the USA is your 18th cousin. Warren G. Harding, 29th President of the USA is your 18th cousin. Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the USA is your 18th cousin once removed. Herbert C. Hoover, 31st President of the USA is your 17th cousin once removed. Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd President of the USA is your 16th cousin once removed. Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of the USA is your 16th cousin once removed. General Dwight David Eisenhower, 34th President of the USA is your 21st cousin twice removed. John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the USA is your 17th cousin once removed. Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States is your 18th cousin thrice removed. Richard Nixon, 37th President of the United States is your 19th cousin once removed. Gerald Ford, 38th President of the United States is your 18th cousin once removed. Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States is your 18th cousin once removed. Ronald W. Reagan, 40th President of the USA is your 17th cousin once removed. George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA is your 16th cousin once removed William J. Clinton, 42nd President of the USA is your 17th cousin once removed. George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States is your 17th cousin.
Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA is your 17th cousin five times removed Lord Bruce Ross Myers is your 21st cousin four times removed

Showing 31-60 of 76 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion