Heinrich Ii von Werl - Nonsense

Начал Alex Moes среда, 24 апреля 2019
24.4.2019 в 9:22 после полудня

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening.

Just a quick reminder to anyone working in this part of the tree that there are huge gaps in our knowledge of the families and their genealogies. It is simply not possible to know every profile's ancestry.

Today I have disconnected https://www.geni.com/people/Hermann-IV-II-Graf-von-Saffenberg-Nörve... from his "father", Heinrich von Werl, Bishop of Paderborn. Aside from the fact that not even Wikipedia suggests that evidence exists that Heinrich had any children, Medlands lists him as Bishop of Paderborn and nothing else. This does not mean that he had no children, simply that no information about them is known, if you have something from a reputable source please share.

The other problem leading me to break the parental relationship is that Hermann's wife, Geberge (Gepa) von Werl, is showing as Heinrich's sister. There is simply no way that the church would have permited a man to marry his aunt, so whoever these people were the current tree structure cannot be correct.

I have also disconnected Gerberga from her "father" Bernhard III von Werl as primary sources only give him three sons, no daughters.

Another issue to keep in mind is that within these families there is a lot of repetition of names, please be very careful before merging.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении