Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway - Why does my tree break when it comes to Harald's daughter Ingebjørg?

Started by Michael Jospeh Walsh on Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 331-360 of 394 posts

Saga, I think we can narrow the birth range Geni gives us to a birthday of "Circa 850."

There is no source for date of birth. Geni estimates birth between 810 and 864:
*If 810 is her birthdate, "Fairhair" husband is 40 years younger.
*If 850 is her birthdate, same age as husband, she gives birth at 14 (plausible)
*If 864 is her birthday, "Ingebjørg" daughter was born when she was 1 (Impossible)

* Husband Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway / Konge Harald Halfdansson was born circa 850. I think it would be unusual for the female to be 40 years senior to her husband. This is highly improbable.

* Daughter Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter was born circa 865? It would be impossible for her to give birth at one year of age.

I am grateful to Anne Brannen for isolating two of the profiles because they are medieval duplicates:

#3: Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter (wife of Halvdan Jarl, Finnmarksjarl)
https://www.geni.com/people/Ingebjørg-Haraldsdotter/600000008406887...
Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter
Birth: circa 865
Lade, Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway
Death: circa 920 (47-63) Norway
Immediate Family:
Wife of Halvdan Jarl, Finnmarksjarl
Mother of Gunhild (Gunnhildur) Halvdansdatter
Added by: Niels Jørgen Hansen on November 18, 2018
Managed by: Niels Jørgen Hansen

#5: Ingeborg Haraldsdotter (birth 896!)
Ingeborg Haraldsdotter
Birth: 896
Immediate Family:
Wife of Halvdan Jarl
Mother of Gunhild Halvdansdatter
Added by: Andreas Berne on May 30, 2019
Managed by: Andreas Berne

Geni estimates my birthyear 1947–2001 so that would be before my father was born. So when this continues in profiles where the birthyear has left blank (software puts years there) after few profiles there can be bigger gap, so no need to speculate. The mothers info for Ingerborg, even if there is no name for the mother, has put there for reasons that has been well explained several times in another thread. She is not to moved to be a daughter of Harald nor a halfsister to her own daughter ;) No need to go there anymore for any reason. No need to speculate it. Perioood :)

About duplicates, yes those were inserted during one years time and there will be many more to come when new people come to geni and maybe do not check what is already here, good that you catched those ones.

These two profiles on Geni.com have husbands by the name of Halvdan Jarls, same death date, etc. ~ and they appear to me to be a candidate for a merge:

#2: Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter
https://www.geni.com/people/Ingebjørg-Haraldsdotter/600000001044308...
Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter MP
Norwegian: Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter, Halvdan jarls hustru
Birth: circa 865
Lade, Trondheim, Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway
Death: 920 (51-59) Norway
Place of Burial: Norway
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway and ?? ??
Wife of Halvdan Jarl
Mother of Gunhild Halvdansdatter
Half sister of Guttorm Haraldsson; Halvdan Haraldsson; Halftan Haraldsson «the White» Kvite; Sigfrod Haraldsson; Aalov Haraldsdatter and 17 others
Added by: Sherry Klein on March 3, 2007
Managed by: Palle Christensen and 69 others
Curated by: Bjørn P. Brox

#4: Ingegjerd Haraldsdotter
Ingegjerd Haraldsdotter
Ingegjerd Haraldsdotter MP
Norwegian: Ingegjerd Haraldsdatter
Birth: 870 Norge
Death:9 20 (50) Norge
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway and Åshild Ringsdotter
Wife of Halvdan Jarl
Sister of Ring Haraldsson; Dag Haraldsson and Gudrød Haraldsson Skirja, King on Isle of Man
Half sister of Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter; Guttorm Haraldsson; Halvdan Haraldsson; Halftan Haraldsson «the White» Kvite; Sigfrod Haraldsson and 14 others
Added by:
Jillian on March 18, 2009
Managed by: Bjørn P. Brox and 14 others
Curated by: Bjørn P. Brox

There is a merge theard and duplicates thread in their own conversations. But as said, some duplicates can be isoleted and deleted. Profiles can be seen in google search for a while but not necessary ones has gone from Geni already.

Sorry folks, never ever heard of Niels, but he is my cousin as well ! See, we're (almost) all related ;)
Niels Henrik Abel is your 20th cousin thrice removed.

Dear Recia,
I feel sorry for you.
Had you known about mathematics or been from Scandinavie (Norway, Sweden, Denmark), then you had known one of the greatest mathematicians.
Best regards,
Hanne Abel
Denmark.

Hi,
I am new to this media. And I have not read the entire thread.
So I have a question: have any of you come across a Struve cousin?
Thanks,
German Osorio

Hi German J. Osorio Moreno, welcome to Geni.

There are over 1000 profiles on Geni which have the last name Struve!

https://www.geni.com/surnames/people/struve

Thank you for your response, Alex Moes.
Is there a way to narrow that list.... say Struve s of Curacao?

Back to the original question. Thank you to whomever fixed the problem;

https://www.geni.com/people/Ingebjørg-Haraldsdotter/600000001044308
This profile is no longer available.

Thank you to Anne for removing #2: Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter (above) and also
#3: Ingebjørg Haraldsdotter (wife of Halvdan Jarl, Finnmarksjarl)
https://www.geni.com/people/Ingebjørg-Haraldsdotter/600000008406887T
This profile is also no longer available.

Problem resolved! Now I have confidence that the data is correct. Anne, you're brilliant!

28th great grandmother: Ingebjørg-Haraldsdotter
https://www.geni.com/people/Ingebjørg-Haraldsdotter/600000001044308...

28th great grandmother: Has no name!
?? ??, (Ingebjørg's mother)
https://www.geni.com/people/Ingebjørg-s-mother/6000000010442614110?...

28th great aunt: Ingegjerd Haraldsdotter
Ingegjerd Haraldsdotter
Half sister of my 28th great grandmother

Nothing has changed about the original guestion or your "demands" :) it is exactly as it has been all along, thanks to good curator work. For looking duplicates there is a different thread, so if you M Foss N are interested mainly of that, time to time there will be new duplicates popping up and those can be informed to other thread, so the main conversation does not be full of things out of context (trump :/) and tagging whomever.

German J. Osorio Moreno googling "site:geni.com Struve Curacao" finds 3 profiles but there may be more. Unfortunately while most users will add names to Geni profiles there are millions of profiles without any location data.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&ei=sOkfXe-lJanUz7sPvq...

Thank you, Moes, Those are all mine.

Is this correct??

The Shortest IN-LAW relationship...
Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway is your 26th great grandfather's wife's great grandfather

The Shortest BLOOD relationship
Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway is your 34th great grandfather.

Here is my 26th Grt Grandfather..whose wife is 'unknown/un named'... so how do they know who her Grt Grandfather is, let alone .?

Enna Mac Donnchad, King of Leinster is your 26th great grandfather his wife is ????

Sorry if my question is unclear...

Regards Debs

to Remi!
Dette er hovedprofilen for Harald I «Hårfagre», konge av Norge.
Notat fra kurator Remi Trygve Pedersen (29.7.2018):
Most historians consider Heimskringla of Snorre Sturlasson as uncorrect about Harald compared to more primary sources. If you have any questions about this, please start a discussion. His mother is considered to be Ragnhild Haraldsdatter of Sogn.
This is what you say as the MP profile of Harald I Fairhair, Is this a proof af what you say is correctt it looks like an assumption to me. Anyone can make this claim, I assume you as a curator should prove Your claims not make a suggestion about most of and is considered to be. The one you claim is his mother died and had a son called Harald who died 2 years after his mother. Where is the proof? You just put out an assumption who suites Your own ego and mess up all others lines. Is this the work of a curator, then I am glad I'm not one of them.

Alex Moes
https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000001200495470?from%5Fflash...

Knut Krokann piensa que estos perfiles son los mismos. Si estás de acuerdo, acepta la solicitud de fusión debajo.

Private User i cannot read your post but i followed the link.
I deleted one profile (managed by me), merged another and rejected the third. I have locked the third profile so it cannot be merged and flagged it's whole family for deletion as that small tree is full of mistakes, the manager seems to have abandoned Geni so fixing the tree and merging it into the MPs would just be a waste of time and benefit no one.

Thank you for drawing my attention, using @alex and then selecting my name from the list would be more efficient at getting a response quickly.

Try Microsoft Translator Spanish to English.
Juan writes: "Knut Krokann thinks these profiles are the same. If you agree, accept the merger request below."

@Alex this option using @ does not work almost ever, nor does many other things :) meaning the software, I do not know if the reason is chrome or firefox, but also when trying to add places where person was born, the program does not offer the place, not with computer not with mobile phone. There are still many bugs geni has to fix.

Juan, aqui son muchos problemas toda via, tambien mucho gente no estudian otras idiomas y google translador no funciona bien. Yo no puedo usar mi propia idioma aqui nunca :)y perdon mi talento con español es muy lejo de perfeccion.

Private User there has been a recent software release last week (? maybe the week before) which should make the @ work a lot better than it used to.

The offering of place names should also have improved though i am sad to say the quality of the offered place names is worse than it used to be (a different issue).

private Google Translate is very good on PC but it is a hassle during the day when i am using an Android phone

https://translate.google.com.au/?hl=en&tab=rT&authuser=0

@ does only work for close family and recently visited profiles. To make sure you tag the correct profile, use the profile URL or [[ id ]] instead

That statement is simply not correct. Try it right now, type @walsh and Michael Walsh (the originator of this thread) will be one of the options you are offered.

When writing now with mobile chrome, it offers profiles that I follow (ancestors) and curators, but not finding names who are in this conversation. When using computer: firefox and chrome does not offer anything with @..so maybe this updated software will take some time. When tagging someone, only URL has worked. But good to know provements are coming :)

I am using Chrome for Android on a 3 year old S7 Samsung and also on a 2 year old PC

I am getting every contributor to this Discussion that I have experimented with, but sometimes they are overwhelmed by family. Eg @per gives me family names but @johanss gives me Per Olaf Johansson

I don't think Harald Haarfagre had a phone nor a computer, so I don't think he cared much about computer translations of languages, the use of @, Chrome or Samsung since he most probably didn't now much about the Americas or the Far East. :-)

Showing 331-360 of 394 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion