Abraham Jakub Stern - Abraham Jakub Stern

Started by Haim Wartski, HaCohen on Thursday, March 21, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
3/21/2019 at 2:23 AM

Is he really the brother of Menachem Mendel Morgenstern, of Koruv (grandfather of rabbi menachem mendel morgenstern-the kozker rebbe)? It seems to me that his profile was left in error after what happened,

3/21/2019 at 10:05 PM

Private User - this is another case of Dec 28, 2010 automated merging of the Stern family and the Morgenstern family. Can you sort this out? I can help on the weekend but not before then.

From the Revision Tab:

Menachem Mendel Stern, Ha Cohen was connected to Miriam Liba Stern (Horowitz) as her husband with children Avraham Yaakov Stern, Ha Cohen and Yehuda Liebush Morgenstern (Stern), Ha Cohen.
Dec 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Private User
3/25/2019 at 9:16 AM

Definitely not a brother.
Will fix it some time.

3/25/2019 at 9:42 AM

thank you very much

Private User
6/28/2023 at 7:46 PM

Avraham Jakub Stern, the inventor was not connected in any way to the Morgenstern family. His father was Henech and his mother was Sori. They were poor family from Hrubieszow. Henech was a glass maker or something similar, hence his name was glazer.

6/28/2023 at 7:55 PM

Private User

You are absolutely right...

The Kozker Rebbe was not a Choen, and there is no connection between members of the Morgenstern family and Stern...
In addition, in Ancestry in the DNA matches, their algorithm is wrong and associates members of the Stern family with members of the Morgenstern family...

Private User
6/29/2023 at 4:41 AM

Should I disconnect him from his current parents? Is his current brother Yehuda Leybush Stern correct?

Private User
6/29/2023 at 4:54 PM

@ Samuel Royde, please disconnect. Hopefully others will follow too. I'm a possible descendant from Avraham Jakub Stern and I've researched him and his family extensively. He is not related to the Morgenstern/Stern rabbinical family and he is not a Cohen either.

Private User
6/30/2023 at 5:25 AM

Disconnected. If someone could please advise where Yehuda Leybush Stern belongs....

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion