Beatrice Beauchamp, Of Warwickshire - Where does this information come from?

Started by Cuzzin Ñoño on Sunday, March 3, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 28 posts
3/3/2019 at 9:21 PM

I'm trying to verify that this Beatrice is the daughter of William and Maud (or Matilda) or if she also goes by another name. I'm unable to locate her husband also with regard to a Beatrice. Can anyone help me with this seeming or possible quandary? Thanks.

3/4/2019 at 7:52 AM

Beatrice is not one of William and Maud's children in MedLands, and I can't so far find any hint of how she got added in, though she shows up as their child across family web trees.

Private User -- do you know this line?

Private User
3/4/2019 at 8:32 AM

Not familiar to me. Some generations down they tie into the Throckmortons, which may or may not provide some signposts. Source on de Bruley is questionable and does not support his existence; sources on Beatrice are hidden (probalby myHeritage trees).

Would have expected to find her among the "untitled" Beauchamps, but although two turn up, neither one is her.

3/4/2019 at 8:41 AM

Let's give it a few days, and then if no actual evidence shows up, I'll cut her and add in a curator's note.

Private User
3/4/2019 at 8:49 AM

Footnote: Bruleys and Burleys, although sound-alikes, aren't the same family. They were both very political, though.

3/4/2019 at 8:51 AM

Yes, I saw that mix-up.

3/5/2019 at 10:11 AM

You folks are amazing! Thank you for keeping me sane.

3/6/2019 at 7:37 PM

Hilarious, so who was my 18th GGM If Beatrice Beauchamp didn’t exist? I’ve taken a long break from GENI, spending time with family, my granddaughter’s wedding is over, now have time between a few family vacations for research! This is getting interesting....

3/6/2019 at 7:39 PM

Thockmorton’s are in my lineage....

Private User
3/7/2019 at 6:05 AM

She's such a shadowy personage that she probably belongs somewhere on the "untitled" side of the Beauchamp family. They were fairly prolific, though, so it may come down to process of elimination and best fit.

3/7/2019 at 7:41 AM

Yes, I agree, though I’m inclined to leave her unconnected until we have some really good arguments.

My guess as to how she got connected in the first place is that somebody noticed that her dates would work with William and Maud, and then things went on from there.

But William and Maud are well attested, even to unnamed daughters who became nuns, as we can see in MedLands.

So the connection is just not ok.

As I say, though, if someone can find either primary or reliable secondary evidence, we can always reattach her.

3/7/2019 at 7:52 AM

As to William, and whether or not he married Beatrice, checking out the link in William’s profile — http://knight-france.com/geneal/names/3489.htm — we see that William shows up in various documents, but there is no wife given for him.

Wikitree has Beatrice as his wife — parents for her unknown — but no sources.

Can’t read the books on the iPad.

BRB

3/7/2019 at 8:07 AM

Well there was a Richard de Burley who married Beatrice de Stafford but that's no help.

3/7/2019 at 8:12 AM

Oh, look. Here's another Beatrice Beauchamp, with different parents and married to a different William: https://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=mwballard&amp...

no sources.

3/7/2019 at 8:14 AM

Nope. I got nothing.

I think we should detach her from William as well.

3/7/2019 at 11:25 AM

I agree. There goes my research in thinking I was Count Dracula's relative! I bit people on the neck for nothing...

3/7/2019 at 8:47 PM

Looks like a lot of fairytales, not research on many people who write WIKItree, Wikipedia and other publications. When I read I also check the sources. I promise when life settles down with family will get back with research in GENI. I would like to assist you guys in here, like to research and read. Will at least get back to documentation in GENI. Thank you guys for all your time sorting out these tangles in the lineages. Much appreciated!

3/8/2019 at 1:53 PM

Hugs to all your family.

3/8/2019 at 2:44 PM

I’m personally trying to upload all birth certificates, death records, Family Bibles, we have a vast family lineage with an incredible amount of documentation up to a point. Most of our lineages have documentation up to the 1600’s in America as all of my lineages I migrated to America in the 1600’s. As Curators what is most important to you guys? I’m going to have to take this at one lineage at a time to do this the best organized way I can, but don’t want to waste time with useless information. We have published genealogy books, land deeds, etc. I think this would be the best way I could contribute my time in here at this time. I’ve contacted all the cousins that have our treasures and they’re willing to give them to me as they don’t have heirs to inherit them.

3/8/2019 at 2:51 PM

Any documentation concerning this profile will be in the form of land charters, wills, and such. But I dont think she will be shoeing up in primary evidence. She's not even showing up in reliable secondary evidence.

3/8/2019 at 5:00 PM

Then she probably wasn’t Of the Beauchamp lineage she was attached to. Detach if it can’t be proven.

3/8/2019 at 8:05 PM

Suzan: I agree. Off with her head! lol. Seriously, for me, the important thing is that we are directed to something that proves someone exists. For example, books with research on artifacts, documents, etc. that directly, even remotely, show that the individuals existed. In doing my Tankersley genealogy, all over the web, I found my ancestor Reuben T. connected to the Enfulsis qui erat apud Conquestum line, but I was satisfied to learn from the British Museum that that line ended with the very Henry said to be Reuben's father, but having died without issue my ancestor Reuben could not possibly be his son. Although I prefer actual proof of BDM, wills, court documents, etc., I just want to know where the info comes from and proof that the individual exists and is connected to the line they are listed in.

3/9/2019 at 9:14 AM

She was the BEST Great Grandmother, I never had. ;)

3/9/2019 at 9:54 PM

Done.

3/9/2019 at 10:00 PM

What a nice discussion to read. I have some great cousins.

3/10/2019 at 1:08 PM

Beatrice is still my 21st GGM. Kewl. So she's a real person at least. That's good to know... Aye, cuzzins?

3/10/2019 at 2:19 PM

I just haven't detached her from her supposed husband yet. I don't believe she is real -- but I don't have evidence to the contrary.

I have evidence that she ISN'T the child of the people she was attached to. So that's gone.

Still thinking about that.

Private User
3/10/2019 at 6:17 PM

Found a Bruley-Burley mess-up in (the inevitable) Frances White Wells' upline, and will post it separately.

Showing all 28 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion