Charles II of England - Inconsistencies

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, March 2, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
3/2/2019 at 1:21 AM

SmartCopyConsistency Check:Eleanor "Nell" Gwyn is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Mary Stuart.1st Duke of Monmouth, 1st Duke of Buccleuch JAMES STUART born before the birth of his mother Eleanor "Nell" Gwyn.

Private User
3/6/2019 at 3:55 PM

thats why i cant stand smart copy

Private User
3/6/2019 at 7:28 PM

Charles II had many, many mistresses and many, many children by them (and none at all with his wife). You really need a scorecard to keep up with Good Time Charlie!

Private User
3/7/2019 at 5:43 PM

P

Private User
3/7/2019 at 5:56 PM

James Scott, otherwise known as James Croft, was the illegitimate son of King Charles II, he was born on 9 April 1649 in Rotterdam in the Netherlands, where his 18 year old father was living in exile following the execution of Charles I. His mother was Charles' mistress Lucy Walter, otherwise known as Mrs. Barlow (not Nell Gwyn). http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/stuart_17.html

Private User
3/7/2019 at 6:00 PM

King Charles developed a taste for theatre restoring the legality of theatre which had been banned by the Puritans and playing a part in setting up two London playhouses. Charles also developed a taste for Playhouse actresses. The first mistress, Moll Davis did not remain in the royal eye for long but enough to be given a home and income and to bear the King a daughter, Lady Mary Tudor who was married aged 14 to the Earl of Derwentwater. https://hubpages.com/education/King-Charles-II-of-England-and-his-m...

Private User
3/7/2019 at 6:00 PM

And there were many, many more....

5/22/2019 at 11:37 AM

He had more mistresses and children, Mine comes from Barbara Villiers Palmer - daughter Charlotte Fitzroy Lee then down to the Calvert and Eden's. I watched the mini-series of Charles II, I was not sure whether to laugh or to be appalled, The way Barbara Villers was portrayed compared to the so-called beauty she was, I thought, "No wonder my family is so nutty, it is still in our Genes. But yes, many inconsistencies. Dislike "Smart Match" takes less time to Google the correct information.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion