ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 9151-9180 of 9181 posts

Private User don't delete, does he really know what he is talking about? In my case, if I did the same, I would need to disconnect a profile with 4500 ancestors in favor for a creation, probably done by someone who have read a ladys magazin at the dentist as source, having created one profile with zero ancestor's. This is not true to the idea of a world family tree.

Private User, being born under 150 years (and private) curators cannot merge the profiles unless it is approved by the manager of the private profile.

My personal opinion, creating a profile from genealogical sources is okay for any user to do, the family of the profile can merge if they want to or they can remove you from managing the profile or they can ask Geni to delete the profile you created.

The profile Roy have created is a sister of a claimed profile and active user. He is breaking this family privacy and even insist that the curators should help him merging hys new profile into the claimed one.

If it would solve this highly time wasting activity where both I and Marianne agree that the two profiles for her should be merged, I see no other alternative but to ask a curator to delete the profiles that she originally asked me to construct showing her and her husband Peter Muncz.

Here is the link to my profile for her that should be deleted.
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000143921577832.

Here is the link to my profile for her husband that should also be deleted.
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000143921577832#60000001...

Lets see what the tree looks like after a curator has done that.
Perhaps Marianne and I can rebuild from there, for this discussion is just going nowhere.

Regards Roy

Roy, it seems to me the problem is you are too lazy to explain to the lady you are working with how she. can merge the profiles.
But instead you want to insist that a Curator do it, and do it on your request, not her request.

Or, possibly, she does not actually want them merged. In any case, it is not something Curators were ever supposed to do on your say so since these are private profiles outside your Max Family.
And, if I understand correctly, now they not only are not supposed to, they are unable to.

Good evening,

Could a curator please merge

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000144481174838

And also nearby duplicates.

Thank you very much.

Would someone please cut the Turner parents from this woman's profile? MyHeritage, Ancestry and this person's great grandson all say that her parents were McBee's . I tried to do it myself, but, of course, it will split the tree.

Harley "Paralee" Bowers-McBee

Thanks!

Private User,

Done.

Kevin

Felipe González de Otoya De Narváez,

Too early to have a curator do them for you.

Give the managers some time to do it before asking us to do it.

Kevin

Kevin Lawrence Hanit Much appreciated!

I strongly object to your remark about any laziness on my part Lois, and require you to withdraw it.

FYI, I have spent much of my weekend on this issue trying to communicate with a Geni novice who speaks no English, and although willing, has little understanding about what she is required to do, Nor have I received any clear and constructive advice from a Geni curator about what can be done when there are matching profiles that rightfully private because they relate to living individuals.

In order to alleviate matters at almost midnight last night I was even asking for my own linking profiles for Marriane and her husband to be deleted. That is no longer possible, for by 6 am this morning, Marriane's cousin had merged her own profiles to mine, so my profiles for Marriane and her husband cannot be deleted because they are no longer solely managed by me

If there is a way that profiles for living individuals can still be merged Lois, please let me or Marianne know how this can be done. Should your Hungarian not be good enough, send me your text and I will get it translated into Hungarian by my wife. She will then forward it to Marrianne who she is in continuous contact with. Marianne and I both wish the issue to be resolved and anything that anyone can do to speed that resolvement would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Roy

Hur vore det om man ägnade tiden till att släktforska istället för att tjafsa och bråka och komma med personangrepp. Inte roligt att se dessa inlägg .Eftersom dom också läggs ut på huvudsidorna, Bra om man kunde
tagga ner lite .Och använda hövlig ton .Istället för allt tjafs ,Blir bara ledsen när jag ser eländet
Med vänlig Hälsning
Svante

Private User try this to your collaborator:

https://www.geni.com/list/requested_merges?focus_id=600000006039134...

(List of requested merges)

“ We've found duplicates for these profiles. View the pending merge to verify that they are the same.”

Check all.

Accept or reject each profile paired.

Please disconnect Kajia Mirla Ginsberg from her "wife"/"husband" . I do not think it was approriate at that time... Addoitionally she had a husband (male...).

Tzahi Drori if the two ladies were in a relationship we can change them from being "married" to being partners. Lesbians were not invented in the 20th century.

If the connection between them is just a mistake it is easy to cut but if there was a real partnership then cutting it would be very insensitive.

Hi Alex, Thanks for your reply. I am senative to this issue probably as much as you. I did not make this connection and as much as I see it is a simple mistake done by one of the users, not the only one. There WAS a daughter connected to these "wives" who had a real father. I corrected the mistakes as much as I can, left with this one. Tzahi

Done.

Thank you Erika, I appreciate your positive input

I am well aware of the merge requests to which you refer and fully appreciate all attempts to help, but few comprehend that the difficulties that I have constantly tried to explain here. Hampering factors are the language barrier, privacy legislation that applies to living individuals, Marianne's Hungarian profiles which carry no identifiable features, and a thin blue line around the profiles for some key individuals. What is needed is the assistance of an experienced Hungarian speaking Geni curator, who will be willing to contact Marrianne direct to help correct the presentation of her indistinguishable Hungarian profiles and to generally talk her through how to merge her doppelganger so that she no longer appears as being her own sister.

Hi curators

Please help me delete this profile. I mistakenly added it to the tree and I can't delete it.

(No Name)

Thank you! 😊

-Drew

Private User, our problem is that due to a recent Geni IT change curators no longer have the system functionality to merge or edit private profiles born less than 150 years ago unless we have explicit instructions from a family member or the profile manager (who should be able to do it themselves but are having technical difficulties)

If you want to do a message with myself and the user (in Hungarian for them and English for me) and ask her to approve me to merge duplicates near her) and also translate her answer, I think it should be enough for me to request special permission to assist

Andrew Santiago Miranda, we can’t delete it either because it is a connecting profile (it connects other profiles together)
You will need to move the children to the correct parents first, then we can see if it can be deleted or something else needs to change.

Hi
Could a curator please undo this mistaken merge:
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78613832230

Thank you!

Done

@John William Jones. Donald Franklin Colvin my 8th cousin twice removed has taken over my profile for my Uncles, James, Clarence, William Barry, Luther Franklin White. How do I recover and retain as manager of relatives in my tree. Its not right that someone can steal your tree. No we did not have a "Collabarator agreement".

Kongsønn Bjørn Haraldsen Ironside needs this Ragnrid Guttormsdatter Rein
lately false set up wife to be cut off as his wife as they never could have met, she is born ca. 10 years after his death.

i don;t know what i just did
but; i've made a mess
- and, i don;t know how to reverse it
i think it involves this profile
Robert Ruthven, III
thank you - as; i'm NOT sure where to look to see what other profile
Robert Ruthven, III

Susan Lynne Schwenger, it looks like you merged two people with the same name. I corrected that.

awesome; thank you jim :)

Thank you Leanne
Sending you a PM
Roy

Thank you Private User

Showing 9151-9180 of 9181 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion