ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 9091-9120 of 9181 posts

Private User, I will send him a message as well. Offer my assistance. But that merge on both profiles needs to be undone. Can a curator unmerge the profiles mentioned bue Belinda Sue Evans?

Thank you so much Anne-Marie (C)

Private User,

I'm going to look at Pieterke Geerts Ham and Derk Reinders and see what i can do for you.

Private User,

I unmerged Pieterke Geerts Ham from Pieterke Pieters de Vries and merged Pieterke Ham with another duplicate of her.
I hope I fixed enough for you to continue, but the user who did the merge made a lot of changes and made it necessary to cut most connections to them, so please check if I did not make mistakes in the reconnecting.

You may also want to look at the parents of Pieterke Ham and Geert Hindriks Ham

@Job Waterreus

It looks like you did the unmerge, then merged it right back to the wrong person. The person who did all the changes changed everything that was there to begin with, including the parents of Pieterke de Vries. It created a major problem, he should have stopped at the parents when they were not the same.

Private User,

I know, he made a real mess of it, even Geni got confused about the relationships.
They both seem to look OK to me when I look at the sources for their marriages.

I asked Maarten Alexander Brandts Buijs to look at it after I made the corrections, because he is much more familiar with that part of the tree. So I'll wait to hear from him.

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087
On the comparison screen there is a very helpful tool where you can rest your cursor over the names of her immediate family and see a pop-up card of their vital stats. In this case you can see that while the two husband's names are a match their dates and locations of birth and death are obviously different and their parents are completely different, further the sons named Moses in the two families have different birth dates and locations.

This type of checking before you approve a suggested merge would avoid a lot of bad merges.

Holy words <3

& I will never stop recommending to everyone, to open in two windows side by side, the two trees that we want to merge (mirror mode:)

https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=76536677440
A few of us (this one and one of my own that I cannot locate right now, ugh) have mistakenly merged brothers Josiah with Joshua.

Thank you Alex. Agreed and understood. If only the trees were all correct and duplicates and mismatches were more obvious. I have seen on FamilySearch that there is now an UNmerge option when one merges. That seems a really good idea.
At any rate, I appreciate the curators here and whenever I see a bad merge I ask for a corrections and when I make a bad merge I do my best to make the two profiles better for having crossed my path lol
I still am hopeful that the duplicate recognition will get better. Also, when a duplicate alert has been rejected, it would be great for t to stay rejected once one starts merging duplicates as they often creep back in. All in all, the biggest plus that Geni has is the curators and so again, I thank you ALL.

Unmerged brothers Josiah with Joshua.

Please un-merge the two Klara Engen profiles that I merged today. My fingers were moving faster than my mind unfortunately and I’m not certain that they’re the same. Current profile is at Klara Engen. Thanks!

Amy Wolff: If you are referring to this merge:
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78615143220
it looks fine to me. (Just need to also merge the spouses).

You can view the details of the merge in the Revisions tab of the profile (find the record of the merge, then click the small 'view' link).

@ Sandra Clark
Hi, I have a mis-spelling that I would like to edit; but I have NOT been able to find an edit button- Please let me know how I correct 'my' mis-spelling.
Also for some reason there is a 'person' been added to my tree that is not correct - I would like to delete this person, how do I delete an unwanted person entered.
thank you
Sandra C

I fixed the mis-spelling ! - found where to go; but will I remember for another time?
thank you...

>>> "On the comparison screen there is a very helpful tool where you can rest your cursor over the names of her immediate family and see a pop-up card of their vital stats"

I'll add that you can do this on mobile, too -- you just long-press on their relatives' names.

I typically check, at minimum, the parents and the spouse(s) on each profile. Using the hover cards on siblings and children can also be helpful because you can see their spouses' names, as well as of course dates and locations.

Takes only a matter of seconds and helps to avoid a lot of unmerging time down the road.

>>> "I have seen on FamilySearch that there is now an UNmerge option when one merges. That seems a really good idea."

We've had that tool on Geni for a few years, but it's deliberately restricted to curators to avoid abuse.

Job Waterreus & Private User, I will look at the records at alleGroningers.nl and both families today. Clear everyhting up. Thanks for the unmerge

Please help this in time very lost mother,
Unknown Mother

Why does Geni still allow for new tree starters to add them self as man or wife to someone who died a thousand years ago, and thus already by start have more than tens of thousands decendants? Can they also see all of them, their children regardless of statues, private or not?

Geni, you have serious problems.

@Dan Cornett (won't let me tag you) thanks! I think I was just unimpressed with the lack of supporting data so I'm not sure why I allowed myself to merge... but will push forward with merging spouses if you think it's sufficient. Thanks again!

Please remove this profile of Arthur Cecil Barwick Arthur Cecil Barwick from the family of James Barwick and Mary Barwick

The correct parents for Arthur Cecil Barwick can be seen in his OVERVIEW.

Mary and James Barwick correct son named Arthur is this profile Arthur Barwick

Hendrik Bennema

Can someone please unmerge the merge I did on this earlier.Hindrik Aalf Bennema is married to Pietronella Olthoff and Hendrick Bennema is married to Alida Aukelina Bakker.

Sorry, I discovered when I went to data conflicts.

This is the same canvas, one where people just add one profile and makes it private, no parents at all on one side,
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/canvas/6000000068552617833

and this is one where people adds not only one private profile, but their also sibblings and parents too, (do you recognize anyone?)

side perspective
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/canvas/6000000144214781833

same as the top above without one living husband that needs merging,
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/canvas/6000000144201260829

If I was a curator, I would merge it together, then I heard that we can't merge living people without the consent of the ones who have created them, well, it means that in order to have one correct tree now, we will have to commute between different trees, though they are really one and the same, with unique profiles in different degrees of completion with various managers, some just adding a name, set living, and that's it, locked.

Thanks!

Please complete the merge. The other manager only added a few profiles and is inactive.

George Leas

Private User,

You can also tag someone by copying the link to that user's profile [right click to copy a link] from earlier in this discussion) and past that to tag that user.

You can refer to another message by copying the link to the timestamp of that message and past that in a new message (can be handy if you want to ask about an earlier message)

Re Arthur Cecil Barwick - needs a discussion so that the active profile managers can agree.

Showing 9091-9120 of 9181 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion