ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 9061-9090 of 9181 posts

Private User, Done.

David Lee Kaleita Thankyou Sir .

Please HELP!
I merged several profiles today which am sure are of the same persons, but now I realize that merging changes profiles of predecessors that were correct. Also, in one case, two profile pictures were merged into one, I have no clue as to how that happened. and by merging, one of my grandfather's siblings disappeared! I feel terrible for making such a mess! Although it is right to merge these profiles, the way I did it seems to have erased data that was correct. Could you please undo all the merges I did today? And could you direct me to a good explanation of how to merge profiles correctly? THANK YOU.

@Matias don't worry, stay calm, complete the merge procedure. Click on /!\

(it had to be done sooner or later, and unmerge now would do worse, and in any case he would postpone it again later:)

Private User probably to assign multilingualism to the triple parents of yours
Jose Tesone
it could be your best chance to learn how to use GENI to the fullest, directly on your relatives <3

Private User regarding the photo of the couple, unfortunately you can not do anything (if not download and upload it double, redo the identifications of the 2 people and set your photo as the main:)
But if Iair Moshe Shlomo Rosenkranz owner of the photo redo the identification is better :D

Keeping this menu checked is useful for everyone:
*https://www.geni.com/list/tree_conflicts
we can also select the drop-down menu:
-relatives
-profiles you administer
-or even just conflicts generated by you :D

Must object to "-or even just conflicts generated by you :D"

Most conflicts are generated by others.

Sidan124 i Åloppe Ryda Torp Smörhålet står det att Gustaf Johan Cerny vill bli kallad Pettersson
Min gammelmorfar är Otto Leander Pettersson och enligt min far hettetorpet Smörhålet. När Otto föds finns också nedtecknat att hans mor hette Anna-Stina Ardahl f 29/12 1836

Private User tries to blame all his mistakes on the Others...

https://imgur.com/3OJaHOe

I made a mess when I tried to split a tree. Now I need help assigning the parents of Ester Ejzelman. She should be disconnected from the Milsztajn tree.

Ester Ejzelman

Liz Veronica Svensson Du har gjort en felkoppling som fått vara ett antal år, men se här vad jag hittade nyss på nätet, hoppas det kan hjälpa dig vidare i din släktforskning, varsågod.
https://www.wallbring.se/nyfarmorHtml/pcb5c5941.html

Please unmerge this one from July. Not my merge but is a profile I manage and it is very wrong. TIA: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78566652920

Ester Ejzelman correct parents now
Izrael Grundman and Szajndla Haja Grundman

Tack Ulf! Men jag fortsätter att leta i husförhörslängderna. Måste tro på vad mina släktingar berättar o h vill undersöka vidare

@Ulf: all we are the others, for someone else.. XD
(or at least we have been.. :)
and to conclude with the utmost rhetoric:
if everyone cleaned their own courtyard, the world would shine :D

@Alex Moes,

Pieterke Geerts Ham

Derk Reinders

These profiles need to be looked at, the person that did the merge, merged Pieterke Ham and Pieterke de Vries together and then did a bunch of disconnecting and adding of different people. Please see below.

Derk Reinders
Netherlands, Archival Indexes, Vital Records, 1600-2000
Name:
Derk Reinders
Event Type:
Birth
Event Date:
03 Feb 1839
Event Place:
Appingedam, Groningen, Nederland
Event Place (Original):
Appingedam
Birth Date:
03 Feb 1839
Father's Name:
Klaas Jans Reinders
Father's Age:
Father's Birth Year (Estimated):
Father's Occupation:
arbeider
Mother's Name:
Pieterke Geerts Ham
Mother's Age:
Mother's Birth Year (Estimated):

Derk Reinders
Name:
Derk Reinders
Event Type:
Birth
Event Date:
01 Mar 1843
Event Place:
Ezinge, Groningen, Nederland
Event Place (Original):
Ezinge
Birth Date:
01 Mar 1843
Father's Name:
Klaas Geerts Reinders
Father's Age:
Father's Occupation:
koopman
Mother's Name:
Pieterke Pieters de Vries
Mother's Age:
1820I am contacting you about this profile: Derk Reinders

Alex Moes

Reinder Derks Reinders

under the media section there is documentation that was added in 2018 showing that these are 2 different Reinders.

Please unmerge

Someone made an apparent bad merge in June. Please undo the merge. Thank you: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78425311450

Thank you Private User

Just eating my popcorn reading all this message. Have no idea what you all talking about lol

Private User i unmerged the two Reinders (shouldn't their last names be Derks?) and MPd them so the brothers cannot be merged again.

Livio Scremin

Thanks for your help. You make it sound like nothing terrible happened. I'll go with that hoping that you are right :)). Luckily some records were not actually lost but rather that they were kept as alternative predecessors. I appreciate also your suggestion to use multilingualism, I'll look into that and try to clean my own courtyard :).

Question for all: When you merge records by dragging one on top of the other, the first record you drag is the one you see on top of the records pile. Therefor I assumed that this first record would be the main one into which the other records would be merged (meaning that data from this first record would remain while data from the rest would be used to compliment the first). It doesn't seem to work that way, but rather maybe the opposite way (the record onto which you drag all the others is retained as the main one). Could someone please bring light to the subject? Thanks.

Alex Moes

Thank you for unmerging Reinder Derks, I went in and changed the name. These profiles need to be looked at, the person that did the merge, merged Pieterke Ham and Pieterke de Vries together and then did a bunch of disconnecting and adding of different people. Please see below.

Derk Reinders

Pieterke Geerts Ham

Derk Reinders
Name:
Derk Reinders
Event Type:
Birth
Event Date:
03 Feb 1839
Event Place:
Appingedam, Groningen, Nederland
Event Place (Original):
Appingedam
Birth Date:
03 Feb 1839
Father's Name:
Klaas Jans Reinders
Father's Age:
Father's Occupation:
arbeider
Mother's Name:
Pieterke Geerts Ham
Mother's Age:

Derk Reinders
Name:
Derk Reinders
Event Type:
Birth
Event Date:
01 Mar 1843
Event Place:
Ezinge, Groningen, Nederland
Event Place (Original):
Ezinge
Birth Date:
01 Mar 1843
Father's Name:
Klaas Geerts Reinders
Father's Age:
Father's Occupation:
koopman
Mother's Name:
Pieterke Pieters de Vries
Mother's Age:

Hmm, Groningen is my area of expertise. I cannot see how Pieterke P. de Vries, married to Klaas Geerts Reinders can be the same as Pieterke Geerts Ham, married to Klaas Jan Reinders. I think that Hendrik Jan Hofstede got a merge suggestion and acted upon it. Did someone contact him?

All these changes from him need to be undone indeed

I've been at work all day so other than reversing that one merge I've not had time to look at what's happened.

Maarten Alexander Brandts Buijs

I contacted him on 7/22 before I posted here. He sent me a message at 9:36 this morning and said I think I solved the problem you found, but it doesn't look like anything changed.

re: "Question for all: ... merge records by dragging one on top of the other..."

There are a number of 'rules' the software uses in deciding which profile is the 'survivor' of a merge; the order in which they profiles are "stacked" is the LAST rule applied -- that is, when all the other rules are not equal. In general, the profile on the "left" of the side-by-side merge comparison will be the 'survivor'.

The rules consider factors such as the number of co-managers, whether one profile has the MP flag set, the dates when the profiles were created, the number of "filled in" fields, etc...

Yikes. Please unmerge! I will build up the other profile so that it is easily differentiated. Geni showed it as a duplicate but once I merged and tried to merge the husbands, it became obvious it was NOT a good fit. TIA:
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78613878590

Showing 9061-9090 of 9181 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion