ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 9001-9030 of 9181 posts

Private User, if there is profile that is being subjected to “edit wars“, what you can do is add sources to the profile and ask for th3 profile to be locked.

Private User, have you contacted that person in order to discuss the problems that his activity has created for you?

Dr. Eva Herrmann-Dresel, when I see that a family tree researcher is struggling with English relation terms, I direct them them to various explanatory web pages, such as:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin

https://flowingdata.com/2014/11/05/chart-of-cousins/

John Albert Rigali, that is not the point. The real point is that a user cannot and should not change details on a profile without proper evidence/proof that the change is justified. Jumping in headlong by changing the spelling of a name purely because it doesn't sound familiar to you is reckless, and may even be seen as vandalism. Ergo: replace details ONLY where evidence proves the existing info to be incorrect.

John Albert Rigali, thank you for the helpful links to these explanatory web pages.

Help,
someone that does not know to use Geni, added 5 "blank" profiles on my tree.
Could you please delete them
(No Name)
(No Name)
(No Name)
(No Name)
(No Name)
thanks

Emmanuel Emile Fitoussi you don't need a curator for this. Just use the tree "Delete" (or "X") function, from the oldest profile and down (removing the tree "edge" each time).

Emmanuel Emile Fitoussi, deleted as requested. It seems like a lot of rubbish was generated without reasonable purpose.

Please UNmerge:
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78593434040
Was not obvious until I merged them. TIA

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087,

Contact Jim Wile and ask him to look at it for you.

Kevin

Jim Wile is online now. Good advice, Kevin Lawrence Hanit!

It is a bad merge. I did it. There are two Findagrave memorials. The children are not the name and only one has parents and only one has a wife listed. Easy peasy unmerge of my bad merge.

But I can just remove the spouse and make a new profile and add an invite to the managers of the wrong one if I connect. Jim Wile online now? I am at a standstill

Dr. Eva Herrmann-Dresel, family relational designations differ greatly among cultures and language groups. For example, in the Southern African indigenous tradition, all elder sisters of one's mother are known as "grandmother", and all elder brothers of one's father are known as "grandfather". These are called so quite irrespective of one's direct-ancestral grandfather(s) and/or grandmother(s).

I suggest that you simply apply what is common practice in your own culture, but to use the native language (if I understood your message correctly, it is German, but any other language will do just fine). In this way, anyone who reads it should understand either the culture or (at least) the language of the origin of the relationship.

Thank you Jim Wile. So happy to see you and I apologize for any inconvenience.

For Erica, Cynthia and/or Ben Angel:
Please reconcile the following couple, who have very close (same) birth and death dates and locations:
https://www.geni.com/people/George-Potter-of London/6000000004180351320
George Potter, of London

and

Martha Potter
https://www.geni.com/people/Martha/600000004114991404

In one profile (George of London) they had a son:

George Potter, of Portsmouth

who supposedly had a son:

Thomas Clemence

Any help/reconciliation will be greatly appreciated.

OOPS!!! I made a boo boo....

Please disconnect the following profile from her husband (also disconnect her children from him too).

Sarah "Sally" Bennett

Then, merge her with the following profile.....

Sarah "Sally" Bennett

William Kerr Bennett is the father of Richard, Elizabeth, and Zachariah.

Thank you!

Diana Collins
Pls check

Looks good....Thanks Angus!

N.N. become a new member on Geni today, born ca. 1420, and have tens of thousands decendants, do something right about it!

Would a curator please assign John P. and Dicey Sherrod as parents to Rachel Walea.

Let me know if you have any questions - and huge thanks!

Private User I'm pretty sure that Mike Stangel (G) can invent a code that prevents ADMNs from being 100 years of age or older, and if they do not enter the date, if the system that detects more or less the century to which they belong, receives an error message & STOP him scriptures.

Behind a historical ADMN profile, does not necessarily mean he is an attacker, simply not knowing how to use GENI, he does not know how to move inside without being an adjacent ADMN, or perhaps he cannot insert the "new branch".

In any one of the cases mentioned, should not write medieval pieces..
..it has happened many times, and with the digitalization of the world it can only happen more and more often, please @Mike try to stop the problem at registration. (maybe with warning message error that send to GENI tutorial pages :)

Private User Done, thanks for adding sources to the profile!

Herman Booysen, I agree with what you said, but I think that it should also be taken into consideration that there effectively are countless profiles on Geni that don't contain reliably sourced data. When no reliably sourced data are available, the managers should discuss among themselves which data are most likely to be correct and agree to feature those data in the profile.

Also, following on that point, when I edit a profile that contains conflicting data, I gather all of the data that won't be featured in the profile and add it to the profile's "About" section, in case the featured data turn out to be incorrect and the correct data happen to be among that conflicting data that I gathered. Other Geni members can practice this as well. This profile contains an example of this practice: Margaret Druett

I just merged this profile

Hilma Aurora Eufrosyna Forsgren

and then realized that it was actually two different girls with similar names born in the same area in the same year (maybe cousins) that I merged.

Can someone please help me unmerge them....

Is there any chance someone could un merge my tree from one from Albert Jack Hooker ? Its been a time i know. I had a merge request but and it went wrong from there. Sorry to be a pain .

Can you give us a link to one of the profiles that needs to be unmerged?

Showing 9001-9030 of 9181 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion