ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 8971-9000 of 9181 posts

I have asked two times now a person to co-manage several profiles of close relatives to me (and no relatives to her). But these requests don't show up in my box, neither as accepted nor as denied. Is that a bug? So obviously now I have to add about 20 doublet profiles and merge them into these profile of that woman who she obviously thinks are her only property or what?

Thanks to whoever detached Margreta Müller from her wrong parents.

Private User, without links to the profiles it is hard for curators to answer you.

If the profiles are within your Geni family, you can add yourself as profile manager by going to the profile and selecting Actions then Manager Options.

Miss. Elizabeth Joanne FLETCHER, if you request the merge it will either merge or automatically appear in the merge queues of the profile managers and family for them to complete.

Harvey Morris Kabaker for private profiles outside of your family group managed by others, you won't be able to access them. Public profiles you can access them.
Leanne

I'd like to mark this profile Jacob David Broder as deceased, but it belongs to an account. I tried to report it, but it says already been reported and I can't select anything?

Someone had added that branch here on geni. I don't see the point to actually create new profiles for a bunch of people who already are here. For this you have created the button "ask to be added as manager". Normally such a request is answered positively. However, I have now spent a nice night creating new double profiles for all these persons and merging them into those of the woman who obviously thinks she owns these persons without even being related or so far away that the last common relative might be Charlemaigne.

Private User, some users don't visit Geni often and take much time to respond to messages and requests. In the last two weeks I've finally gotten responses to some requests and messages that I submitted months ago - some them I submitted last year! Have you checked the Activity tab of the profile of the user in question to see when she last performed an action on Geni?

Good day!

I would like to have the following merges requested. Profiles are still living and I am aware that the managers need direct consent now; however, they have been inactive for years already, so a request would probably suffice for now.

Thank you!

Private and Private
Private and Private
Private and Private

Jose Rafael Escareal I have requested those merges

Thank you very much Private User!

Yes please! Undo the merge between Gerrit Olivier and Gerrit Jacobus Olivier. It is not the same family.
Thank you for your help!
I could not rectify it. It was done on 18/7/2020

I have just returned to My tree after an absence of about 5 yrs. I now know why I left. My tree has been added to and is now a complete nonsense. Example, in my tree there are two sisters with the same name, Elizabeth, the first died aged 5. Now some clever clogs has the 5 yr old Elizabeth Married twice. I don't know if I can bother fixing up the rest of the crap that has been added.

Delroy Packer, if you copy the url of the profile with the wrong merge, we can reverse the bad merge.

Private for some reason the system is not allowing me to reverse the merge https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78581154120

I have raised it to Geni support

Private User

Why do you need assistance with those merges?
Why are you adding duplicates in 1500s to profiles already on Geni

Private User, the profile is private so you need a curator support session to undo the merge.

Hi,
Due to the fact that I have had hackers to contend with for nearly two decades and have had to work out who those hackers were myself instead of local police doing the job that they are paid to do, I unfortunately do not have time to contact every single profile manager about "duplication" etc. issues. I am instead placing the profiles on this discussion board waiting to be dealt with.
Another merge to add to the list:
MAIN profile
Patrice de Mac Mahon, 3ème Président de la République Française
SECONDARY profile
Marie Edme Patrice Maurice de Mac-Mahon, duc de Magenta
Yours Sincerly,
J.E. Fletcher

Miss. Elizabeth Joanne FLETCHER, if you request the merge the system will take care of the notifications for you.

Private User - For future reference, and for others -- for when folks have added profiles you recognize as being folks in your Max Family -- if Geni does not realize a profile is your relative, then correct, you will not see 'Manage this profile" --
But take a minute to strategicaly figure the fewest duplicates you would need to create and merge so Geni would see them as related to you.
Do that, and you probably do not need to duplicate all of them.
And,/or use Move to connect as parent/child/sibling/or spouse if that can be done.

Private User Unfortunately this didn't work here. The persons were relatives of my father's first degree cousins (descendants of a younger brother of their great-grandfather), and obviously this Geni does not consider as family or relatives enough. Connecting siblings, spouses or children didn't work either. I have added siblings, spouses and children who have been overlooked by the woman, so I was then manager of these persons I had newly added, but that did not change the ability of becoming comanager of the other profiles. You have to either merge yourself in (by creating a duplicate profile of the person you want to manage) or ask the current manager to be added.

Private User - You referred to them. as "close relatives to me"
so I thought you meant close relatives to you.
Geni defines Max Family as out to fourth cousin and back to third great grandparent, and current spouse of each.

Please do not refer on Geni to anyone outside that range as being a "close relative"

Kia ora from New Zealand. Could a curator please separate these profiles from each other. New information shows that Olga never married and I have now been able to add the correct wife to Norris:

Norris Birch Watling Williams
Olga Livia Gertrude Adams

Much appreciated.

Private User,

Done.

Lovely, much appreciated, thank you Kevin Lawrence Hanit :)

Help! I accidentally merged an ancestor into someone else's existing family tree and can't unlink. I tried deleting my ancestor so I could just recreate him, but I get an error message. Any advice or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!

Private User if you link the profile you merged incorrectly here we can reverse the merge for you

Private User I have problems with these Englsih relation definitions. A first degree cousin in Germany means the child of the sibling of your parent. Anyway that is not the point here. I am manager of profiles where the relation is very long ago or not at all.

John Albert Rigali That person is very active - and frequently changing the name of a person whose name is GERNDA with n (named after a family estate) into Gerda.

I do not know if this is the point: I had also problems with these English relation terms - in particular with e.g. "first cousin once removed". In German this could be:
Onkel 2. Grades (Cousin des Vaters oder der Mutter)
Neffe 2. Grades (Sohn eines Cousins oder einer Cousine)
Tante 2. Grades (Cousine des Vaters oder der Mutter)
Nichte 2. Grades (Tochter eines Cousins oder einer Cousine)

Showing 8971-9000 of 9181 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion