Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 211-240 of 1703 posts

Elizabeth Allen now needs to be unmerged and MPed to keep them unmerged? Those profiles are not good enough to be a Master Profile and is posted in the wrong discussion. Please use simple international English in this discussion.

Private User where do you suggest Cynthia go to get a curator's help with her request? There is no discussion entitled, "Curators: please MP these two similar-looking profiles so they don't get accidentally merged." (!) Her original request didn't explain this, so your initial confusion / aggravation is understandable but please try to be patient and helpful. This discussion exists for users to request that profiles be made MPs, surely that's close enough?

I believe in other cases curators have made MPs and posted merge notes to prevent merging. If you feel that's not the appropriate solution here, please post what you suggest. Thanks.

Private User -- I'll gladly curate Marie Colvin, but can you add some biographical information to the Overview? Information is there, but one has to actually dig around some. Thanks.

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 -- can you add biographical information to the Overview for Colby Smith? I'm guessing it's in the historical marker in the photo, but that's not really readable.

Yes @Anne! Happy to!

Anne! He's a duplicate!!! Colesby Smith aka Colby. I am merging. Have added like 5 sources and still researching...Thank you for replying!!! Thank you for your help. I just love these guys!

He's also mastered. NOW I can read the historical marker.

Private User I have merged several duplicates found with the other profile. There are several children of same age but different dates. I am merging and sourcing as I go.
I could not change the profile picture that I added for him since I am not a manager but if you can see it then YAY!
Almost done and would you please look at those children with same names? Just to make sure he is good and I will step off of Colby/Colesby's profile so that you will know what you have curated is correct and complete and maybe lock it? I am so thankful. Too bad he isn't "mine" but is a Revolutionary War Soldier the state of Georgia felt worthy of a marker so, again, thank you.

*same name--not same age

I suggest that MP requests to prevent merging of two profiles that looks the same are done in the General Curator discussion.

Private User - if "the General Curator discussion" is a discussion non-Curators can access, please provide a link to it.
If that is a Curator-discussion as in the rest of us cannot access it, then it is not actually an option.

Also - in https://www.geni.com/discussions/192131?msg=1302414 you say "Please use simple international English in this discussion." -- however
1) I do not believe there is such a thing as "simple international English" (Geni gives choices of English (US) and English (UK) in its Language Selection)
2) it was my understanding Discussions on Geni are open to everyone and are not restricted to being conducted in English -- please provide a link to where that is required or requested by Geni -- or is it simply your own personal plea?
And if the latter, please clarify.

Dear Private User

I have just added a small amount, i did not want it to be political,

Marie Colvin

Private User, here is a link to the General Curator Discussion (aka ATTENTION Curators, please assist) referred to by Jeroen - https://www.geni.com/discussions/192543

Done. In the morning I will see if I can find a photo that’s shareable.

The question to write in simple and clear English is a personal question or request. And Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺 did give the link to the discussion that can be accessed to all Geni users and followed by the curators. This discussion is not followed by all curators.

Thank you Anne :)
Private User

Ingvar Carlsson former "statsminister" in Sweden, please make MP and public.

I have MPed Ingvar Carlsson and I think Lepa Svetozara Radić, Order of the People's Hero should be MPed also. Both are hero's in their own field.

Private User thanks.
Ola Ullsten, folkbokförd Stig Kjell Olof Ullstén, född 23 juni 1931 i Teg i Umeå, död 28 maj 2018.

Please, make dead and Mp
Ola Ullsten (it should be this profile, if not, it's the other one, his brother, but I can't see it).

He can after MP be placed in this project: https://www.geni.com/projects/Statsministrar-i-Sverige/55342

Private User I will look into it.

Ola Ullsten is MPed, but his profile needs to updated and know too little about Swedish politics to answer question about him. But a lot of work is be done with the heads of the Swedish ministers.

Thanks Jeroen, and yes, best wishes;

Please can some one MP

Johann von Dorgelo

Lüder von Dörgelohe Dorgelo

These Profiles are needing to be Mped because i am tired of people changing things all the time, if you look further up in the tree, you can see how messed up it is, i keep trying to fix things, then some one else changes it, at least here is Rock Solid,

Can some one please undo the merges for made for

Aagje Hendriks Netjes

the parents are very different, !!!especially the mother.

there were two merges made along the line.

Private User,

First unmerge is in progress.

can somebody please undo this merge as well please

Aagje Hendriks Netjes

Angela these are the profiles now:
Aagje Hendriks Netjes
Private
Private

Sorry
Job Waterreus
i just realise i put the request into the wrong place

apologies ,i made a whoopsie