Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 121-150 of 1703 posts

Thanks for agreeing, Bjorn. I just feel that the whole wonderful thing about Geni, what has never been done before, is one can see a relational path between oneself and any other human being live or dead. This has never been done and Geni is the only place where it happens. Otherwise if we just have disconnectoids how are we better than any other site? How are we not just regurgitating the same facts that've been regurgitated millions of times before? I spent over 30 hours connecting Adolf Hitler to the big tree, and many hours connecting Aretha Franklin and others. I cannot figure out how to connect all of Amici's many Italian family members to the big tree and have spent 5 hours on that. I have spent also 5 hours trying to connect you and your Russian relatives and Italian in-law family to the big tree and have not succeeded yet.

Private Джонатан ты имеешь ввиду меня когда говоришь что у тебя не получается подключить мое древо к мировому древу?

I mean I cannot find a path to you. You are not in the big tree, or the world family tree. If any profile says "No path found to xxx" and there's not even an option to find a path, it means the profile is not in the world family tree. Now that we allow GEDCOM uploads do you have family members with family trees containing hundreds of thousands of Russians? There's got to be at least one person who has kept a local computer file of this type of stuff.

Private

I am the only person in my family who began to build a family tree and no one else can help me. I collect information drop by drop from my relatives, but we do not know our pedigree at all.

Maryna Zhubryk ... In counter-point to my esteemed colleagues, I have set the MP flag on the profile for Giovanni Battista Amici so that this well-identified profile can be "protected" -- and that is the fundamental purpose of that MP flag.

Of course we all hope you will continue the research and the detailing of your family heritage!

As you define details of dates and locations (as has been done for Giovanni), to the extent that you are confident the profile is un-ambiguously identified, then please continue to request the setting of the MP flag. What that MP flag means, at it most fundamental level, is that this profile seems to have the best information available (at the present time) with enough data for other potential duplicates to either be rejected as "not being the same person" or merged in as "yes, this is unambiguously the same person's profile".

Hopefully the branch you are building will eventually connect into Geni's shared World Family Tree ... if not through direct ancestors, a connection may be eventually be found through spouses of descendants and their children's spouses. As Jonathan wrote, that ability to "find a path" is a valuable and unique feature of Geni .... but the "whole world" isn't connected yet.

I am very gracious that the profile of Giovanni Battista Amici is now MP. and I will try to make it so that its tree would become larger and contain more information.

I'll modify my prior statement and say that I'll agree to MP a disconnectoid if it's connected to 100 or more profiles, because then it's at least a tree as opposed to a wee twig.

Noting also that there are other curators who have not set themselves a requirement for an MP to be connected to at least 100 or some other number of profiles.

Those other curators, who include myself, would consider each MP request on its own merits, and might in the right circumstances MP a profile with no other profile connected to it.

I'm one who would MP a profile that is not connected to any other profile. I've done it at least 100 times and likely more than that.

Not just you, Kevin Lawrence Hanit — I don’t hesitate to MP a profile that needs protecting, whether or not it’s connected to anybody else. Happens a lot in the medieval tree.

Private User,

I don't hesitate to MP a profile. I've MP'd a lot of profiles in the Rabbinical tree as they can easily be confused with others in a different generation.

Yep. Same thing in the Welsh.

Needs cleaned up but SAR and appears to be worthy of a mastered profile, IMHO

Mesias Cyrus Hall, Jr.

Both parents are mastered (Masias)

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 I’ve curated Mesias Cyrus Hall, Jr. but not Jesse Honeycutt. There are no notes in jesse’s profile so I do not feel comfortable trying to support it.

Will work on Jesse. Thank you Erica Howton

a note about these profiles above, i hope others might contribute to filling them out, but main reason to MP these 3, there are many many websites, and stories, claiming these three men died soon after their dive, but it seems it is incorrect information, i have inserted a web link of two of the men receiving their medals of bravery from the president. I say two men, as boris died not long ago.

Their courage on behalf of their co-workers and the surrounding community makes them well-deserving the MP designation. I hope others will join in honoring their families by 'connecting them!

Dan Cornett

Thank you for MP ing the 3 profiles,

I will MP the two profiles of Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, but other Curators feel free to take over the curatorship.

May I point out that the parents shown on Geni for wife of Thomas Pitt do not match the sources in narrative.

One source gives no parents, the other suggests Christopher Searle & Dorothy Cookes, based on a baptism record:

"England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JWX8-RGW : 11 February 2018, Christopher Searell in entry for Presela Searell, 11 Sep 1583); citing , index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City; FHL microfilm 914,147, 917,148

Which I will now add as citation to profile and disconnect from the unsourced parents.

I moved the notes found in wife of Thomas Pitt to

Priscilla Pitt

I unMPed wife of Thomas Pitt it does not have MP quality anymore.

Actually, it needs to be MP’d because of the name mixup, which is in many pedigrees from the old Ancestral file. I will MP both.

Showing 121-150 of 1703 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion