John Stone, of Barton St. David - John Stone discrepancies

Started by Larry Alger on Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 18 posts
2/5/2019 at 9:19 PM

In the overview, "About 1556 John, married Agnes unknown".
In the timeline, "1551 Age 23 Marriage of John to Agnes Stone".

Comment: Marriage date is contradictory, Agnes' name is known

2/5/2019 at 10:19 PM

What is the evidence supporting Agnes, wife of John Stone, as a daughter of John Barton, "The Elder" ?

2/6/2019 at 9:51 AM

In fact, what is the evidence supporting John Stone, of Great Bromley as son of Simon Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex ?

Locations are very different. I think there’s been a mixup.

Disconnecting and locking relationships.

2/6/2019 at 7:49 PM

What is the evidence supporting Margaret Stone as a child of Richard Cornwall, 9th Baron of Burford ?

2/6/2019 at 10:21 PM

Stones that need to find their correct families

Haywood or Hayward Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex

2/11/2019 at 4:31 PM

The descent of Simon Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex is sorted for a couple of generations. There had been a lot of mixup. :(

8/5/2019 at 1:00 PM

Can you help me take a look at the children? I think he’s picked up extras since the last “clean.” The only one that’s sourced is daughter Agnes; I’m inclined to cut the others loose. What do you think ?

Private User

8/5/2019 at 1:04 PM

Disconnecting for re homing -

Edith Fussell (Time traveler? There’s a later Edith (Adams) Squire)

Agnes Adams

Alice Stone

Rev. Samuel Stone, of Hereford

Elizabeth Stone

8/5/2019 at 1:18 PM

And continuing down the tree, John Adams, of Barton St. David has too many children also.

His known children were John Adams, of Compton Dundon Margaret? Warfield , Lucy French , and Henry Adams of Braintree

——

Therefore, disconnecting (No Name) , Elizabeth Adams , Judith Lucy Adams , Rose Adams , Robert Adams , Lieutenant George Adams, of Barbados & Thomas Adams

If someone knows otherwise & source cites the profiles they can always be put back.

Private User
8/5/2019 at 2:08 PM

Agnes Adams

See https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/62030602/agnes-katherine-adams.
She seems to be the same person as Agnes.

I'll keep looking on the others.

8/5/2019 at 2:41 PM

Thanks - agreed and merged.

Private User
8/5/2019 at 3:01 PM

I'm coming up empty on Samuel, Alice, and Elizabeth. Samuel Rev. Samuel Stone, of Hereford
is currently attached to “Sarah” Stone as his wife, which doesn't seem right.
I see he has been confused w the founder of Hartford, CT, born 1602, and I can see why. are we SURE they're not the same?

8/5/2019 at 3:08 PM

Agreed. Disconnected “Sarah” Stone as wife of Rev. Samuel Stone, of Hereford whose wife we do not know.

8/5/2019 at 3:30 PM

There’s an Ambrose Adams, of Barbados with brother George. I’m going to merge our currently free floating Ambrose & George & sisters into that tree.

Private User
8/6/2019 at 7:53 AM

I came across this potential merge:
https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000000560229565?return=dupli...
Both are shown as wives of William Adams, of Trent & Somerton but they have different parents.

So I was trying to research them and found this:
https://www.genealogieonline.nl/en/family-tree-of-sean-bellamy-mcnu..., not necessarily a reliable source I guess, but interesting. The "parents" of the MP'ed Elizabeth are shown on this link as her grandparents. Do you have resources to verify this?

Also, the Geni profile of William lists only 3 known children: Ambrose, George, and Edward, though the other link I referred to shows a son, Robert, which would be one of the names you connected to the family.

What do you think of all this?

8/6/2019 at 12:16 PM

Different parents, one of the wives is wrong. I had done the unmerge but haven’t had a chance to research which was the wife of William Adams, of Trent & Somerton

8/6/2019 at 1:45 PM

Getting there ...

from NEHGR Vol. 11, p. 1 (Jan 1857) "Descendants of Robert Adams" by Joshua Coffin

Robert Adams was, according to uniform tradition, a native of Devonshire, England. The Adams family in that County claims, according to Burke's Commoners, to be lineally descended "from John Ap Adam of Charlton Adam in Somersetshire, who married Elizabeth, daughter and heiress to John Lord Gourney of Beverston and Tidenham, County of Gloucester, and who was summoned to Parliament, as a Baron of the Realm, from 1296 to 1307. After residing for several generations at Charlton they subsequently removed to Devonshire." From the above mentioned John Ap Adam descended Richard Adams, who married Margaret, a daughter of ___ Armager. This Richard had two sons, viz. Robert, who married Elizabeth Shirland, and William, who married a daughter of ___ ___, Barrington. Henry, one of the sons of William, came to New England in 1630, and died in Braintree in 1646. Henry was the ancestor of John Adams, the second President of the United States. Robert and Elizabeth Adams had a son ROBERT", who is supposed [This supposition, if not well founded, does not affect the following pedigree, as far as the descendants of Robert Adams are concerned -- Editor], but not certainly known, to be the ROBERT ADAMS who came to Ipswich, New England, in 1635, with his wife Eleanor, thence to Salem as early as 1638, and finally settled in Newbury in 1640, on land still [i.e., in 1857] in possession of his descendants of the same name. He died, 12 Oct 1682, aged 81. Eleanor his widow [first wife], died, 12 Jun 1677. His second wife, Sara, widow of Henry Short, and whose maiden name was Glover, he married 6 Feb 1678. She died 24 Oct 1697.

Elizabeth (Alice) Adams

Showing all 18 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion