Mary Brewster (unknown), "Mayflower" Passenger - Chromosome Mapping with DNA

Started by Mary Helen Louise Halvorson on Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Showing all 5 posts
1/9/2019 at 2:06 PM

Has anyone looked into Chromosome Mapping and matching Ancestral Surnames? I am a descendant of William Brewster and when I did my Chromosome Mapping for matches I found matches for Wentworth but none for Wyrall. This doesn't mean it is the Wentworth Surname of Mary Brewster. It also doesn't eliminate the Wyrall connection. It only means that no one with that surname has been tested that matches my DNA.
I am interested in finding out how to look more into this avenue of exploration. Please let me know what are your thoughts, objections and ideas. Thanks, Mary Halvorson

1/9/2019 at 8:34 PM

hmmmmm ?....Really ?....Wentworth DNA ...maybe there's something to that Wenworth story of Mary Brewster after all.......

Private User
1/10/2019 at 7:02 AM

I am a "double" descendant of the Brewsters, through both their grand-daughters @Mercy Prence Freeman and @Hannah Prence Mayo. Both lines converged when @Allen Higgins (1821-1893) married @Sally Ann Newcomb (1820-1892) and produced, among others, my great-grandfather William Wright Higgins Wright Higgins (1855-1925).

I have just sent in my Ancestry DNA sample and should be getting results in 6-8+ weeks. If anything comes back concerning Mary Brewster, I'll be in touch.

Everett Wilson Angell

1/10/2019 at 3:04 PM

I am, also, a descendant of Mercy & Hannah Prence. My lines go thru Freeman & Hopkins

Private User
1/10/2019 at 4:57 PM

I am also connected.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion