Joseph Vick, Sr., of Isle of Wight - This particular line needs disconnection as this is the brick wall at the generation below the immigrant.

Started by Private on Monday, December 31, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 27 posts
Private
12/31/2018 at 8:51 PM

Q F 1161 is ydna and of the Q M of the native kind.

There are three tribes asking for disconnection.

Passing on the documentary evidence from the book, Indians In North Carolina, p54 where Ambrose Viccas is listed in the same community of Natives that were at the time of the publication of said book were lumped into the Smithsonian Museum's studies as "Croatan" Indians as a Pan NA listing from White's Colony.

Thank you for attending to this disconnection.

1/1/2019 at 1:38 AM

Can you be specific about which profile needs disconnect from which?

Private
1/1/2019 at 8:14 AM

Joseph Vick, Sr., of Isle of Wight is needing to be the brickwall and not of English Immigrant status. He is Amerindian ydna. His disconnection would be at the level of this profile attached from the parents above this profile. Passing on this word from Chowanoke Nation, Southern Tuscorora, and Cheraw Nation.

Private

Joseph Vick, Sr., of Isle of Wight is needing to be the brickwall and not of English Immigrant status. He is Amerindian ydna. His disconnection would be at the level of this profile attached from the parents above this profile. Passing on this word from Chowanoke Nation, Southern Tuscorora, and Cheraw Nation.

Private

Private

1/1/2019 at 10:29 AM

This is what I’m thinking.

Joseph “the immigrant” shows 4 wives and 9 children which seems unlikely.

I haven’t looked in detail, but so far I see Ambrose Viccas as a son of Joseph Vick, Sr., of Isle of Wight and brother of Lucy Parker the children of “Lucinda” Vick

The other sons were entered by different people and I not see y dna test results from those lines.

Why don’t we search the three mentioned from the “immigrant” ancestor?

1/1/2019 at 10:31 AM

(Sorry I meant “detach.”)

In addition to the other sons there are two brothers showing.

So until / unless we have better detail on these other Vick lines, lets spin off Ambrose as the “tree top.”

Acceptable?

1/1/2019 at 10:39 AM

@Erica Howton, all the patrilineal descendants of Joseph Vick of Lower Parish, Isle of Wight Co., VA, who have had next generation sequence (NGS) testing are Y-DNA haplogroup Q-FGC6995. You can see that on the FTDNA Y haplotree. Q-FGC6995 is of European origin. Q-F1161 is upstream of Q-FGC6995 and is also of European origin. Another way to see the origins is to look at the YFull tree.

Private
1/1/2019 at 10:51 AM

It is best to disconnect Joseph from the English trek of which he could not possibly have trekked.

1/1/2019 at 11:04 AM

From http://www.jvfoa.com/jvfoa-2-2013/jvfoa-ped4-2013/individual.html#1...

Joseph Vick settled in Virginia prior to 1675 in Isle of Wight County, Virginia, which in 1747 became Southampton County, VA. On September 22, 1682, as payment for transporting seven people to the Virginia colony, he was granted a tract of 320 acres on the Chowan River in Lower Parish, Isle of Wight, Virginia. This land adjoined lands that had been granted to Hodges Council in April 1674. In 1683, Joseph purchased a tract of land in Isle of Wight from Rowland and Ellen Burkley for three hundred pounds of tobacco. His wife at that time is not known, but she may have been Lucy, daughter of Hodges Council, who was neighbor to Joseph. [SIC: not possible] This relationship is implied in the deed of land from Hodges Council dated August 9, 1692, to Lucy Vick, daughter of Joseph Vick (Isle of Wight County, VA, Will and Deed Book, p. 480

——

I have not seen a person of Native origin granted land for transporting into the Colony.

Private
1/1/2019 at 11:14 AM

Hodges Ferry were next to Westron Indian Community (which has a census called Westron Indian Community). I can state precedent of a native receiving grant land who had been in England, William Williams and upline communal of Lucy (Parker) Vicks. I am ok with the attachment staying as far back as to shipping and trader folks go but not to a level where the line is Brittish because can not be possible that this line is Brittish. It is the progenitor family of Vicksburg, MS and this whole shipping and land ownership was laid down long before the Brittish arrived.

1/1/2019 at 11:20 AM

I can’t load the DNA tree (from that tab) on Geni at the moment (weak network connection) but I presume it goes to Ambrose. If that’s correct then let’s go with him as the line starter. There is too much paper / trees to say at this point that Joseph wasn’t from England. A situation of land grant to a Native is too unusual “not” to have paper on it.

1/1/2019 at 11:35 AM

I’m wrong - the Y 111 marker test is from a descendant of William Vick, Sr.

https://www.geni.com/path/James-Vick+is+related+to+William-Vick-Sr?...

James Vick What is your opinion?

Private

That would make sense because he has the primary source in the book as being in the Indian community on p. 54 of the book that lines up these folks in their doings and comings and goings. I am just thinking that the line doesn't need to go to land abiding in England past a point of traders going back and forth and dragging natives over with them, like Squanto, who was a slave for 15 years til bought out by some Monks for the purpose of freeing him. So, yes, the Spanish took out 2 million natives out of the Winyah bay area and some could have ended up anywhere. Just this line can't go to someone ...died in the wool Brittish, as that is possible.

Private

Yes, that is a great plan Erica.

1/1/2019 at 11:53 AM

Here is a published book

Source: Joseph Vick of Lower Parish, Isle of Wright County, Virginia and his Descendants - Vol 1 - by John D. Beatty and Di Ann Vick - published by Genus Publishing, Los Angeles, California Printed in China - Copyright 2004} :

Has anyone looked into it?

1/1/2019 at 11:59 AM

I do not see an Ambrose Viccas listed in the Ahnentafel for Stephen Vick

See https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&a...

What is the evidence for Ambrose ?

Private
1/1/2019 at 12:19 PM

He is the only one of the group listed as a native in a book out of the whole, on p. 54 in the Indians Of North Carolina, in the same exact small Hodges Ferry group near to the Westron Indian Community group.

1/1/2019 at 12:23 PM

Ok, I’m ready to spin off Ambrose but there’s an issue with Lucy Parker

https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&a...

Note: There are no records of Lucy & Thomas having any Children!

So I’m keeping her as a documented daughter of Joseph Vick, but you all might need to examine her descent better.

——

Ambrose will lose the uploaded DNA propagation but you’ve already noted the possible Haplogroup. I will add a link to the William Henry line within the Ambrose profile “about.”

Private
1/1/2019 at 12:28 PM

Yes, her Vick mentioned in deed work with Francis Parker. . . will cross reference.

1/1/2019 at 12:46 PM

You are in an interesting scenario now. A historic man in Ambrose - do we have any known children ? And an impossible to descend from an Englishman also. Did lines cross?

I need to make a comment about “Lucy Council.”

Lucy Vick

Of course it makes sense that she was the daughter of Hodges Council but his daughter married elsewhere. So on Geni we have her as Joseph’s unknown 3rd wife; most Sources probably identify her as Lucy Council.

Private
1/1/2019 at 12:53 PM

The tribal records she first marred to Council is their parenthesis, apparently.
No children for her.
All looks good.

Private User
1/3/2019 at 4:40 AM

I have Lucy Council B1646-d 1744 daughter of Hodge Council Sr and Lucy Hardy married Joseph D Vick Sr B1640-D1695 and had a daughter names Lucy Council B 1681-D 1757 may have been married to Thomas Parker B1688-D1790 believed to be the son of Richard. This came from Hodges Councill of Virginia and his descendants https://archive.org/stream/hodgescouncillof00coun/hodgescouncillof0...

son Hardy Councill 1678-1750, sole executor of his father’s estate,
r. New-Port Parish, Isle of Wight Co. Va.

dau., her name unknown m. Joseph Vick. This marriage inferred
because of the following: " I, Hodges Councill of the Lower Parish
do give ... to Joseph Vick of ye said Parish, 50 acres on Beaver
Dam Swamp ... if Joseph Vick have any other child beside his
dau. Lucy, she shall, after the decease of her father enjoy the
land . . . but if Jos. Vick shall have any more children by this,
his present wife, Lucy shall enjoy ye land, but if Lucy die, the land
shall fall to either brother or sister, but if Jos. Vick & his dau.
Lucy shall decease without heir, the land shall fall to ye Hodges
Councill or his heirs.” R. 3/9/1681/2. I. of W. Will & D. B.

l, p. 480

From other records it is shown that Jos. Vick had dau. Lucy,
who possibly m. Thos. Parker; son Richard and son William Vick
whose will D. 2/15/1777, R. 6/9/1778 in Southampton Co. Va. Don't know if that will help you or not.

Private
1/3/2019 at 6:59 AM

atDna Results from 2016 = claimant kits of Council -d 1744 and of Hodge Council Sr and Lucy Hardy md Joseph D Vick Sr's dtr named Lucy Council 1681-1757 md to Thomas Parker is shown on trend as being the case in half cousin ways. Source: atDna Bogue Chitto Distant Cousin Study 2016.

Private User
1/3/2019 at 7:45 AM

I also show no heirs.

1/3/2019 at 10:17 AM

Nancy Blount-Harris Is attached to wrong parents according to notes in profile

Nancy Blunt-Harris born 1776 - Sussex Co, Va and died on Jan 3 1835. She was born to parents Richard Parker, and Mary Elizabeth Parker (born Harris)

I am disconnecting her from "Chief of Churrah" Thomas Parker as daughter, adding parent profiles as listed, and leave to someone to find and merge.

Showing all 27 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion