NN Carter (Benion) - Parents of N.N. Carter (Benion)

Started by Anne Brannen on Monday, December 3, 2018
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
12/3/2018 at 7:31 AM

We keep disconnecting Thomas Benion and his wife Isabel Higginson as parents from this profile, which is fine, BUT this profile, both in curator's notes and in the Overview, make it clear that the parents were Thomas and Isabel Benion.

So the connection is going to keep happening, and keep getting broken, until we nail things down.

If indeed this profile was the child of a couple with the same names, we should add them, master them, and give notes about how they aren't the other couple.

If indeed really the couple we already have ARE her parents, we should figure that out.

What's the scoop?

There is a curator note on Isabel Benion that she is not the mother of the wife of John Carter

12/3/2018 at 2:22 PM

Leanne, there are curator notes and Overview notes on all the profiles.

They are contradicting each other.

That's the problem.

2/24/2022 at 9:48 AM

According to what I'm seeing in Ancestry trees, this N.N. Benion is the same person as John's wife Bridget Binion and that he didn't marry two women with the Binion maiden name, just the one.

But that brings into question the fact that they have a son named Thomas Carter of Nansemond and William Thomas Carter of Surry. It's possible they gave Thomas as a name to two sons, but is it documented that Willam's middle name actually was Thomas? I've seen so many profiles were somewhere down the lines middle names got attached to people that can't be proven to have been their name. So it always makes me want to make sure.

Captain William Carter, I, of Surry

2/24/2022 at 10:51 AM

You mean John Carter

2/24/2022 at 2:08 PM

As I said, John is Bridget's husband. The link for Capt. William is their son that I was wondering if Thomas was actually his middle name or if that just got thrown in later since he has a brother named Thomas.

2/24/2022 at 3:07 PM

Captain William Carter, I, of Surry

The precise identity of William Carter of Surry County has not yet been established, but the Virginia evidence strongly suggests kinship with John Carter of Corotoman and Captain Thomas Carter, of Isle of Wight

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion