George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA - George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA is MY 13th cousin twice removed.

Started by Susan Louise Darnell (m. Dailey) on Saturday, December 1, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
12/1/2018 at 12:31 PM

George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA is your 13th cousin twice removed.
You
→ John "Jack" Asbury Darnell
your father → George Leonard Darnell
his father → John Taylor Darnell
his father → William Whittington Darnall
his father → Randolph Railey Darnall
his father → Aaron Darnell
his father → John Darnall
his father → Morgan Darnell
his father → Morgan Darnall
his father → Dr. David Darnall
his father → Susanna Maria Lowe
his mother → Henrietta Maria Bennett Lloyd
her mother → Capt. James Neale
her father → Raphael Neale
his father → John Neale
his father → Jane St. John
his sister → Right Honourable Sir Oliver St. John, Esquire of Cayshoe
her son → Matthias St. John, I
his son → Mark Sension
his son → Sarah Keeler
his daughter → Joseph Keeler
her son → Elijah Keeler
his son → Rebecca Bangs
his daughter → Elijah Keeler Bangs
her son → Mary Ann Beaky
his daughter → Martha Adela Walker
her daughter → George Herbert Walker
her son → Dorothy Wear Bush
his daughter → George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA
her son

12/1/2018 at 12:38 PM

Condolences to the Bush family. President George Bush, my 12th cousin. We have the same 11th great grandparents.

Gerard Spencer, Sr.

Private User
12/3/2018 at 10:32 AM

Deepest sympathy for the family and loved ones of the Bushes. RIP President HW Bush. God bless you.

12/3/2018 at 12:09 PM

Condolences to the Bush family. Rest in Peace President HW Bush 41. Bless you and your family.

We share the same 11th Grandfather Richard Austin the first. We are 12th cousins,

12/4/2018 at 4:55 PM

Interesting information. My Y DNA ties me to the 4 Spencer Brothers and their father Gerard. My stepson cooked dinner for George W. Bush and Governor Perry of Texas one evening. The President gave him a presidential flag pin.

12/5/2018 at 3:53 AM

Does anyone understand why Geni would say George H. W. Bush is your 13th cousin, yet if you follow a tree that you know is shorter you verify he is your 9th cousin, then Geni changes and says he is your 9th cousin over his profile? I find this is very common on Geni. I have even had it say my 3rd great grandfather is a distant uncle once until I follow the tree for it. Geni sometimes has trouble finding the shortest relationship.

12/5/2018 at 4:17 AM

I know from my experience, as my tree grows, it has changed my path to some....so I am blood to many profiles 2 and sometimes 3 different ways. I wish geni had a "button" that you could push that shows how you relate by "only a blue" path. Some of my paths shows changing of relationship, (for example) going from blue to red, then green, then...another color...etc....but I don't want to see those paths...ONLY BLUE!

12/5/2018 at 4:22 AM

Or better yet, a "button that shows "ALL PATHS"....but that would probably make geni's computer system have a stroke and show you a hundred different ways.

Private User
12/5/2018 at 8:30 AM

Geni will always show the blue path if it exists. If it does not show a blue path anymore, it is backseat the line was cut.

12/5/2018 at 10:10 AM

So very....untrue...

EXAMPLE.....

When I click on the following profile...

Thomas Alexander Love

it shows THIS path....

Thomas Alexander Love is your mother-in-law's husband's second great grandfather

You → Ricky L Johnson your husband→ Joann Johnson his mother→ Olin David Johnson her husband→ Grace Elizabeth Johnson his mother→ Mollie Kirkley her mother→ Mary Asberry Wallace her mother→ Thomas Alexander Love her father

When I click on Thomas's FATHER....

Michael Garmon Love

it shows me THIS path...

Michael Garmon Love is your 11th cousin four times removed.

You → Shirley Ann Collins your mother→ Nellie Marie Hunter her mother→ Phoebe Jeanette Goosman her mother→ Lavina Ruth Hendershot her mother→ William Pittman her father→ Betheanna Pittman his mother→ Jacob Truax her father→ Rebecca Abigail Truax his mother→ Elias Stillwell, I her father→ Capt. Nicholas Stillwell, IV his father→ Abigail Stillwell his mother→ Robert Hopton, MP her father→Rachel Hopton his mother→ Anne Hall her mother→ Sir Christopher Willoughby, Kt. her father→ Sir Thomas Willoughby, Chief Justice his brother→
Elizabeth Willoughby his daughter→ Ann Thomas her daughter→ John Thomas her son→ Mary Saunders (Thomas) his daughter→ Ann Berry her daughter→ William Berry her son→ Enoch Berry his son→ Patience Ingram his daughter→ Mary Elizabeth Love her daughter→ Jonah A. Love her son→ Michael Garmon Love his son

Sooooooooooooo, Thomas is a cousin, but it doesn't show an "ALL BLUE" path...it shows a "RAINBOW" path.

Private User
12/5/2018 at 5:51 PM

I am a cousin to George Senior on 3 of my grandparents trees. I also support and wish Geni would create a multiple path button.

I agree, on several occasions Geni crosses my lines in not the most efficient way.

"peace and condolences to the Bush Family."

12/6/2018 at 11:04 AM

https://www.geni.com/projects/Working-with-Relationships/17570

A trick I use is to pushpin from a near relative (say a grandparent) to a “target” such as President Bush.

https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229703047-How-To-Find-Other...

I have different paths depending on whether I from mothers side or fathers side, and the pushpin method makes that easier to see.

12/6/2018 at 7:03 PM

THANKS ERICA!!! I tried it....trying to find an all blue path to Donald Trump. FOUND IT!!! Now the only President I don't have an all blue path to is Woodrow Wilson. I still wish an "all blue button" was available so we didn't have to go thru that process.

12/6/2018 at 7:11 PM

Maybe one day Geni will get there. Buy them a SuperCray computer? :)

12/11/2018 at 2:12 AM

Geni gives me two paths to Dubya.

Here is the directest from my grandad

Peter Mervyn DYMOCK is George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA's 13th cousin twice removed.
George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the USA
→ Senator Prescott Sheldon BUSH, Sr.
his father →

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion