Foulques V le Jeune, comte de Anjou et roi de Jérusalem - MP locked in French

Started by Livio Scremin on Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 19 posts
11/13/2018 at 10:19 AM

surely someone can better arrange the multilingual, aliases, Roman numerals, surnames(male-female).

11/14/2018 at 3:35 PM

You can rest English translation on my heritage.com

12/12/2018 at 9:51 PM

What is it you are wanting changed?

12/13/2018 at 4:13 AM

there are all the English info & all other language, perfectly available in the links listed.
do I have to repeat all them here too? ..ok
_____ENG
-Fulk V (name)
-"the Younger" (nick name & middle name whit ""because since the suffix already occupies important distinctive information)
-of Anjou (surname)
-king of Jerusalem (sufix)
remove maiden name* (you know that the meaning / literal translation would be this)
clean nicknames: French ones on French, and others on English (if you leave 2 languages alone)

Fulco it is the Latin name.. it depends on the time you want to lose .. or you put it in aliases
_____FR
move "le Jeune" in middle name
D'anjou = d'Anjou (surname)
------------------------
this is the essential.

12/13/2018 at 7:39 AM

I propose to also put count in the title, and then put in the display box:
- Fulk V "the Younger", count of Anjou & king of Jerusalem
same mode in french, just move the one written in the English boxes
(it's more difficult to explain than to do it :)
I'm sure other languages would be appreciated, but if it's so hard to FIX ENG.. I don't dare anything else :D

12/13/2018 at 8:16 AM

On the Medieval tree, we've tended to use the Default field as the closest name to the persons actual name - irrespective of language. So, here Medlands has him as Foulques V "le Jeune" Comte d'Anjou.

12/13/2018 at 8:50 AM

OK, so it's all right?
so why bilingual? if the ENG & FR fields are the same?
why D'anjou? (not d'Anjou?)
why is a virgin's surname written in a man?
Why put the numbering of the name on the suffix?
..did you take a look at the nick names? :)

12/13/2018 at 9:03 AM

OK, so it's all right? Yes
so why bilingual? if the ENG & FR fields are the same? I don't understand your question
why D'anjou? (not d'Anjou?) it's d'Anjou?
why is a virgin's surname written in a man? who is the virgin?
Why put the numbering of the name on the suffix? Geni protocol
..did you take a look at the nick names? :) There are many :-)

12/13/2018 at 11:12 AM

why do I have the feeling that the first one has trolled me making me reread all the sources once again for nothing for nothing?
and the second try to troll me responding without even having opened the profile indicated? :)
Fulk V, King of Jerusalem [MP] super locked
inside, anyone can read this:
[EN] Foulques 'le Jeune' d'Anjou, V
[FR] Foulques V "le Jeune" D'anjou, roi de Jérusalem

12/13/2018 at 11:32 AM

Nobody's trolling you :-)
I definitely opened the profile, and all the sources, and then created a Curator note, and then answered you here.

Default language = his original name
All other languages = translation of that
In this case, his original name is French.

12/13/2018 at 11:39 AM

Nor was I trolling you.

Essentially, your original post on this thread means, “fix it.”

To which I answered, essentially, “fix what?”

I can’t read your mind.

And asking curators to go look at a profile to see what it might be that you think is wrong makes no sense.

When you want something changed, all will go more smoothly if you give us not only the link to the profile, but tell us what it is you want changed and how.

I took care of a great many of your requests yesterday, and have started a couple of discussions to iron out some problems.

As is the case with most people, I find that I am much more likely to be helpful to other humans when they are gracious. Maybe even grateful. Why not.

Private User
12/16/2018 at 12:23 AM

I won't be trying ro mingle in this discussion, not having a computtor to help do the research, at the moment. I just wanted to remind you rules of writing in French. The particle de is not part of the name, it means of and so, it should be in lowercase letters, and if before a vowel the E is elided so the name can't be De Anjou nor de Anjou but d'Anjou.

Private User
12/16/2018 at 12:44 AM

Private User What is correct in the Channel Islands do you know?

Private User
12/16/2018 at 3:42 AM

Sharin, if your question is about thr French language, I am almost certain that these rules apply everywhere, there may be differences concerning vocabulary but the grammar is the same worldwide. Here is it a rule of easiness, like THE in English become THI in front of a vowel (when speaking). (Sorry for thr lesson, I was a teacher until lately, of English and French)

Private User
12/16/2018 at 3:49 AM

I wouln't know how to correct it but the title of Foulque in this dicussion is wrong. If it is written in French it MUST be comte d'Anjou. In SpanIsh, it would be conde de Anjou.

12/16/2018 at 3:55 AM

I'm not sure who would have added the Display name - I think it's a bleed through from the French field (which, I presume, are entered by French users, so I stay out of that.). Hang on, let me remove it - and we can see what happens.

12/16/2018 at 6:50 AM

I would have kept a single language to lazily justify it, but Well, if anything, it's explained why around there are profiles in Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek alphabet... (Flemish... ;)
They are all Correctly entered in Default Source Language :D

12/16/2018 at 7:28 AM

For a very lazy definition of Default :-)

Private User
12/16/2018 at 6:24 PM

Private User AH! the I think Channel Islands is a mix of French Spanish de Name mostly. The problem is when I correct case the de becomes DE and I copy and paste the names. I shall over time make corrections and do this in future. Thanks for the lesson, always welcome :)

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion