King David of Israel - GENI IS SHOWING TODAY'S JEWS LINKED TO KING DAVID THROUGH ARAB MONARCHS !!??

Started by Private User on Friday, November 2, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 126 posts

@Andrea (Andi) Bowe wrote: "i have found geni impossible to use well because it will not allow you to find the closest link and you have no control of whether it says someone is your great grandfather one time and someone's 5 times removed husband's cousin another time."

I agree. I suggest that we be allowed a choice between two paths -- shortest (which may include marriages) and DNA-Only, which may be longer, but is far more intersting to most of us.

Unless one knows who Zedekiahs daughters were and where they went and with whom, one will NEVER know anything of King David’s descendants. Him even having a profile on this site is no more than an illusion.

Private User Dear Jeremy
My research traced the geneological connections of the ancestors of "Imam" Ali Zainul Abedin the son of "Imam" AlHussein ibn Ali (The grandson of Prophet Mohammed PBUH) and Princess Shahrbanu daughter of King Yazdgerd III the last Sassanid king. One of her ancestors King Bahram V's mother is Shushandukht (Susana) daughter of Nathan II the Exilarch of the Jews in Babylon a descendant of Prophet King David and his lineage is known in Jewish sources. On the other hand another ancestor of Shahrbanu is Princess Myrod the Parthian - The -wife of Sassanid King Ardashir I- one of her ancestors through Armenian kings and kings of Iberia in Georgia is Prince Alexander son of Herod the Great and Princess Merimne the Hasmonean (Tribe of Levi). The Sassanid genealogy is partly available through a history researcher at the University of Michigan- Ian Mladjov. This is the link to
his genealogy trees. https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/imladjov/home?authuser=0

Hi Private User,

I've heard of Shushandukht, but I'm not expert on that part of history, so I can't evaluate from a genealogical perspective. Do you know if there are primary sources from her time?

Regards,

Jeremy

Private User
References Edit
"Bahrām V Gōr". Iranicaonline.org. 1988-12-15. Retrieved 2017-04-13.
Laurence D. Loeb, Outcaste: Jewish life in southern Iran (2011) p. 278
The Fire, the Star and the Cross, Aptin Khanbaghi, page 8, I.B.Tauris, Apr 30, 2006
Netzer, Amnon (2012) [1998]. "Esther and Mordechai". Encyclopædia Iranica. III:6 (Online ed.). New York. pp. 657–658.
"Full text of "Šahrestānīhā Ī Ērānšahr"". archive.org. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
Gross, Samantha (2021). "The Curious Case of the Jewish Sasanian Queen Šīšīnduxt: Exilarchal Propaganda and Zoroastrians in Tenth- to Eleventh-Century Baghdad". Journal of the American Oriental Society. 141 (2): 365–380. doi:10.7817/jameroriesoci.141.2.0365
https://www.jewoftheweek.net/2017/03/16/jews-of-the-week-shushanduk...
https://iranicaonline.org/articles/exilarch
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/exilarch

Private User
G. Reza Garosi (2012): The Colossal Statue of Shapur I in the Context of Sasanian Sculptures. Publisher: Persian Heritage Foundation, New York.
G. Reza Garosi (2009), Die Kolossal-Statue Šāpūrs I. im Kontext der sasanidischen Plastik. Verlag Philipp von Zabern, Mainz, Germany.
Baynes, Norman H. (1912), "The restoration of the Cross at Jerusalem", The English Historical Review, 27 (106): 287–299, doi:10.1093/ehr/XXVII.CVI.287, ISSN 0013-8266
Blockley, R.C. (1998), "Warfare and Diplomacy", in Averil Cameron; Peter Garnsey (eds.), The Cambridge Ancient History: The Late Empire, A.D. 337-425, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-30200-5
Börm, Henning (2007), Prokop und die Perser. Untersuchungen zu den Römisch-Sasanidischen Kontakten in der ausgehenden Spätantike, Stuttgart: Franz Steiner, ISBN 978-3-515-09052-0
Börm, Henning (2008). "Das Königtum der Sasaniden - Strukturen und Probleme. Bemerkungen aus althistorischer Sicht." Klio 90, pp. 423ff.
Börm, Henning (2010). "Herrscher und Eliten in der Spätantike." In: Henning Börm, Josef Wiesehöfer (eds.): Commutatio et contentio. Studies in the Late Roman, Sasanian, and Early Islamic Near East. Düsseldorf: Wellem, pp. 159ff.
Börm, Henning (2016). "A Threat or a Blessing? The Sasanians and the Roman Empire". In: Carsten Binder, Henning Börm, Andreas Luther (eds.): Diwan. Studies in the History and Culture of the Ancient Near East and the Eastern Mediterranean. Duisburg: Wellem, pp. 615ff.
Brunner, Christopher (1983). "Geographical and Administrative divisions: Settlements and Economy". In Yarshater, Ehsan (ed.). The Cambridge History of Iran, Volume 3(2): The Seleucid, Parthian and Sasanian Periods. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. pp. 747–778. ISBN 0-521-24693-8.
Boyce, Mary (1984). Zoroastrians: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices. Psychology Press. pp. 1–252. ISBN 9780415239028.
Chaumont, M. L.; Schippmann, K. (1988). "Balāš, Sasanian king of kings". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Vol. III, Fasc. 6. pp. 574–580.
Daniel, Elton L. (2001), The History of Iran, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, ISBN 978-0-313-30731-7
Daryaee, Touraj (2008). Sasanian Persia: The Rise and Fall of an Empire. I.B.Tauris. pp. 1–240. ISBN 978-0857716668.
Daryaee, Touraj (2009). "Šāpur II". Encyclopaedia Iranica.
Daryaee, Touraj; Rezakhani, Khodadad (2016). From Oxus to Euphrates: The World of Late Antique Iran. H&S Media. pp. 1–126. ISBN 9781780835778.
Daryaee, Touraj; Rezakhani, Khodadad (2017). "The Sasanian Empire". In Daryaee, Touraj (ed.). King of the Seven Climes: A History of the Ancient Iranian World (3000 BCE - 651 CE). UCI Jordan Center for Persian Studies. pp. 1–236. ISBN 9780692864401.
Daryaee, Touraj; Canepa, Matthew (2018). "Mazdak". In Nicholson, Oliver (ed.). The Oxford Dictionary of Late Antiquity. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-866277-8.
Daryaee, Touraj; Nicholson, Oliver (2018). "Qobad I (MP Kawād)". In Nicholson, Oliver (ed.). The Oxford Dictionary of Late Antiquity. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-866277-8.
Daryaee, Touraj. "Yazdegerd II". Encyclopaedia Iranica.* Dodgeon, Michael H.; Greatrex, Geoffrey; Lieu, Samuel N. C. (2002), The Roman Eastern Frontier and the Persian Wars (Part I, 226-363 AD), Routledge, ISBN 0-415-00342-3
Durant, Will, The Story of Civilization, 4: The Age of Faith, New York: Simon and Schuster, ISBN 978-0-671-21988-8
Farrokh, Kaveh (2007), Shadows in the Desert: Ancient Persia at War, Osprey Publishing, ISBN 978-1-84603-108-3
Frye, R.N. (1993), "The Political History of Iran under the Sassanians", in William Bayne Fisher; Ilya Gershevitch; Ehsan Yarshater; R. N. Frye; J. A. Boyle; Peter Jackson; Laurence Lockhart; Peter Avery; Gavin Hambly; Charles Melville (eds.), The Cambridge History of Iran, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-20092-X
Frye, R.N. (2005), "The Sassanians", in Iorwerth Eiddon; Stephen Edwards (eds.), The Cambridge Ancient History - XII - The Crisis of Empire, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-30199-8
Frye, R. N. "The reforms of Chosroes Anushirvan ('Of the Immortal soul')". fordham.edu/. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
Greatrex, Geoffrey; Lieu, Samuel N. C. (2002), The Roman Eastern Frontier and the Persian Wars (Part II, 363–630 AD), Routledge, ISBN 0-415-14687-9
Haldon, John (1997), Byzantium in the Seventh Century: the Transformation of a Culture, Cambridge, ISBN 0-521-31917-X
Hourani, Albert (1991), A History of the Arab Peoples, London: Faber and Faber, pp. 9–11, 23, 27, 75, 87, 103, 453, ISBN 0-571-22664-7
Howard-Johnston, James: "The Sasanian's Strategic Dilemma". In: Henning Börm - Josef Wiesehöfer (eds.), Commutatio et contentio. Studies in the Late Roman, Sasanian, and Early Islamic Near East, Wellem Verlag, Düsseldorf 2010, pp. 37–70.
Hewsen, R. (1987). "Avarayr". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Vol. III, Fasc. 1. p. 32.
Shaki, Mansour (1992). "Class system iii. In the Parthian and Sasanian Periods". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Vol. V, Fasc. 6. pp. 652–658.
Martindale, John Robert; Jones, Arnold Hugh Martin; Morris, J., eds. (1992). The Prosopography of the Later Roman Empire, Volume III: A.D. 527–641. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-20160-5.
McDonough, Scott (2011). "The Legs of the Throne: Kings, Elites, and Subjects in Sasanian Iran". In Arnason, Johann P.; Raaflaub, Kurt A. (eds.). The Roman Empire in Context: Historical and Comparative Perspectives. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. pp. 290–321. doi:10.1002/9781444390186.ch13. ISBN 9781444390186.
McDonough, Scott (2013). "Military and Society in Sasanian Iran". In Campbell, Brian; Tritle, Lawrence A. (eds.). The Oxford Handbook of Warfare in the Classical World. Oxford University Press. pp. 1–783. ISBN 9780195304657.
Khaleghi-Motlagh, Djalal (1996), "Derafš-e Kāvīān", Encyclopedia Iranica, 7, Cosa Mesa: Mazda, archived from the original on 7 April 2008.
Mackenzie, David Neil (2005), A Concise Pahalvi Dictionary (in Persian), Trans. by Mahshid Mirfakhraie, Tehrān: Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies, p. 341, ISBN 964-426-076-7
Neusner, Jacob (1969), A History of the Jews in Babylonia: The Age of Shapur II, BRILL, ISBN 90-04-02146-9
Nicolle, David (1996), Sassanian Armies: the Iranian Empire Early 3rd to Mid-7th Centuries AD, Stockport: Montvert, ISBN 978-1-874101-08-6
Rawlinson, George, The Seven Great Monarchies of the Ancient Eastern World: The Seventh Monarchy: History of the Sassanian or New Persian Empire, IndyPublish.com, 2005 [1884].
Sarfaraz, Ali Akbar, and Bahman Firuzmandi, Mad, Hakhamanishi, Ashkani, Sasani, Marlik, 1996. ISBN 964-90495-1-7
Southern, Pat (2001), "Beyond the Eastern Frontiers", The Roman Empire from Severus to Constantine, Routledge, ISBN 0-415-23943-5
Payne, Richard (2015b). "The Reinvention of Iran: The Sasanian Empire and the Huns". In Maas, Michael (ed.). The Cambridge Companion to the Age of Attila. Cambridge University Press. pp. 282–299. ISBN 978-1-107-63388-9.
Parviz Marzban, Kholaseh Tarikhe Honar, Elmiv Farhangi, 2001. ISBN 964-445-177-5
Potts, Daniel T. (2018). "Sasanian Iran and its northeastern frontier". In Mass, Michael; Di Cosmo, Nicola (eds.). Empires and Exchanges in Eurasian Late Antiquity. Cambridge University Press. pp. 1–538. ISBN 9781316146040.
Pourshariati, Parvaneh (2008). Decline and Fall of the Sasanian Empire: The Sasanian-Parthian Confederacy and the Arab Conquest of Iran. London and New York: I.B. Tauris. ISBN 978-1-84511-645-3.
Pourshariati, Parvaneh (2017). "Kārin". Encyclopaedia Iranica.
Rezakhani, Khodadad (2017). "East Iran in Late Antiquity". ReOrienting the Sasanians: East Iran in Late Antiquity. Edinburgh University Press. pp. 1–256. ISBN 9781474400305. JSTOR 10.3366/j.ctt1g04zr8. (registration required)
Sauer, Eberhard (2017). Sasanian Persia: Between Rome and the Steppes of Eurasia. London and New York: Edinburgh University Press. pp. 1–336. ISBN 9781474401029.
Schindel, Nikolaus (2013a). "Kawād I i. Reign". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Vol. XVI, Fasc. 2. pp. 136–141.
Schindel, Nikolaus (2013b). "Kawād I ii. Coinage". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Vol. XVI, Fasc. 2. pp. 141–143.
Schindel, Nikolaus (2013c). "Sasanian Coinage". In Potts, Daniel T. (ed.). The Oxford Handbook of Ancient Iran. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199733309.
Shahbazi, A. Shapur (2005). "Sasanian dynasty". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Online Edition.
Speck, Paul (1984), "Ikonoklasmus und die Anfänge der Makedonischen Renaissance", Varia 1 (Poikila Byzantina 4), Rudolf Halbelt, pp. 175–210
Stokvis A.M.H.J., Manuel d'Histoire, de Généalogie et de Chronologie de tous les Etats du Globe depuis les temps les plus reculés jusqu'à nos jours, Leiden, 1888–1893 (ré-édition en 1966 par B.M.Israel)
Turchin, Peter; Adams, Jonathan M.; Hall, Thomas D. (November 2004), East-West Orientation of Historical Empires (PDF), archived from the original (PDF) on 27 May 2008, retrieved 2008-05-02
Wiesehöfer, Josef (1996), Ancient Persia, New York: I.B. Taurus
Wiesehöfer, Josef: The Late Sasanian Near East. In: Chase Robinson (ed.), The New Cambridge History of Islam vol. 1. Cambridge 2010, pp. 98–152.
Yarshater, Ehsan: The Cambridge History of Iran vol. 3 p. 1 Cambridge 1983, pp. 568–592.
Zarinkoob, Abdolhossein (1999), Ruzgaran:Tarikh-i Iran Az Aghz ta Saqut Saltnat Pahlvi
Meyer, Eduard (1911). "Persia § History" . In Chisholm, Hugh (ed.). Encyclopædia Britannica. 21 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. pp. 202–249.
Christensen, A (2 January 1939), "Sassanid Persia", in Cook, S. A. (ed.), The Cambridge Ancient History, XII: The Imperial Crisis and Recovery (A.D. 193–324), Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-04494-4
Michael H. Dodgeon, Samuel N. C. Lieu. The Roman Eastern frontier and the Persian Wars (AD 226-363). Part 1. Routledge. London, 1994 ISBN 0-415-10317-7
Howard-Johnston, J.D. (2006), East Rome, Sasanian Persia and the End of Antiquity: Historiographical and Historical Studies, Ashgate Publishing, Ltd., ISBN 0-860-78992-6
Labourt, J. Le Christianisme dans l'empire Perse, sous la Dynastie Sassanide (224-632). Paris: Librairie Victor Lecoffre, 1904.
Oranskij, I. M. (1977), Les langues Iraniennes (translated by Joyce Blau) (in French), Paris: Klincksieck, ISBN 978-2-252-01991-7
Edward Thomas (1868), Early Sassanian inscriptions, seals and coins, London: Trübner, p. 137, retrieved 5 July 2011 (Original from the Bavarian State Library)
Edward Thomas (1868), Early Sassanian inscriptions, seals and coins, London: Trübner, p. 137, retrieved 5 July 2011 (Original from the New York Public Library)

Look at it this way, this is a GOOD thing. Sort of.
the number of reliable valid lineages from the Bible to present time is ZERO. No lines, nada, zip. All of the traditional Jewish lines skip generations. LOTS of generations. We have a large team of Curators, many of whom are Jewish and/or Israelis. So we keep these parts of the tree in the best condition we can. This means making sure these lines are NOT connected, and cut where needed.

On the other hand, I don't think there are ANY Curators who know enough about these Arab rulers, to be able to properly review them and make the needed cuts. So bad connections remain. :-(

Shmuel-Aharon Kam,
Biblical Tree Curator

Hi Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן. I cut several Jewish "paths" in the past couple of days, so prepare for complaints. :-)

FYI everyone else. What we do is ask for sources by contacting the managers and starting discussions on the profiles in question. When none are forthcoming, we delete or sever them. It's no problem. If someone comes up with a source (not just some book published in the past 100 years with a list of names, but an actual source, usually written before 1800), then we can add it back and reconnect it.

Randy Schoenberg would you mind making a list of all the lines you severed? No to complain, just so that I know where I am no longer connected to 3/4 of my "fantasy" tree. This would be appreciated. Thanks!

Randy Schoenberg Earliest I can now find is Yehoshua Zimri.

I'm guessing some of the earlier Kalonymos profiles didn't check out?

This seems like an excellent basis to move forward from though.

Private User

To connect to the biblical tree there are several ways and several branches, one of them is through Rashi who was a descendant of Joshua Ben Zimri, the problem here, that between Joshua Ben Zimri and Yochanan HASANDLER are separated 22 generations not all names are known.
It is possible to get around this by either opening 22 profiles, or one profile that will connect Joshua Zimri and Yochanan HASANDLER.
I remember there was such a profile, and I do not know who and why it was deleted

Haim Katz - Hachoen Wartski what Randy is trying to do here is to have evidence at each step along the way.

I think there's three "maybe" lines, but we need evidence in each case.

1. The Yochanan HaSandler line. From the early 2nd century to 940CE is a lot more than 22 generations though. More like 40. I don't think we should add a bunch of blank profiles. I'm not sure what the correct way to indicate traditional descent from one person to another is.

2. The Kalonymous family. Even if they're not descended from the Davidic line (I don't know if there are any old traditions about that), they still go way back in history, almost to late antiquity.

3. Various people who supposedly went from Babylonia to Spain during the Medieval era. There's a lot of medieval (and later) forgery in that genealogy though, so we have to be careful.

Am I missing any lines?

Private User

There are several lines that reach the biblical tree, and there is of course the line that connects to Aharon HaCohen ... This lines was cut off a few days ago, I do not know if the developer of the profiles that connected to Aharon had verified information ... One thing is for sure, he was wrong when he wrote the family name Rafa for decades , this is certainly not true.

I tried to verify the information that person added, in my meager ability I was able to verify parts of it, because I have no expertise in the biblical tree, I preferred not to continue checking.

But, one thing is for sure: Rabbi Yekutiel Rapaport, is son after son of Aharon HaCohen (and this information is certain), are all the names that the same person opened up to Aharon HaCohen correct? As I wrote, I was able to verify some of the names, preferring not to proceed to the biblical tree

Private User

Do you have any information on the subject?

Shraga F kahana, Rabbi

You opened the profiles between Rabbi Yekutiel Rapaport and
Ezra the Scribe

Do you have solid evidence for the names you wrote? If so,I would be very grateful if you would write us what information you have, .

Haim Katz - Hachoen Wartski

On the issue of severing hypothetical ancient lineages, I believe the best policy is one that combines elements of skepticism and speculation. If there isn't sufficient documentary evidence for a particular connection than I believe a severance is justified, but I would also hope that the profiles on each side of the cut include a note, either in the 'About' section or as a 'Discussion' keeping alive the speculated connection between the two profiles. This will permit current and future researchers to come up with more evidence one way or the other.

Genealogists have been studying and debating the Dynastic lineage for a long time (by Dynastic (aka Messianic) I refer only to the patriline, son-to-son, line from King David). Our generation of genealogists is the first to have a new research tool available: ydna haplogroup classification. If there be a way to identify the Dynastic lineage in modern populations, I am sure that ydna haplogroups are going to play a large part in the investigation. This method has worked extremely well in the case of the Aharonic-Cohanic lineage (https://www.academia.edu/43340967/Tracing_the_yDNA_Lineage_of_Aharo...) and I have begun to examine similar haplogroup aspects of the Dynastic research: https://www.academia.edu/53234866/Phylogeographic_Origins_of_the_Ju... This is only the beginning of a new chapter in this nascent field and we are lucky to be on the forefront of discovery.

Haim Katz - Hachoen Wartski
The one thing that could impede good progress on deep Jewish genealogy is the simple fact that a substantial portion of the GENI genealogical work was done 10-20 years ago. Earlier proponents of these trees may not be aware of the recent phenomenal expansion of y-haplogroup cladistics (building of the haplogroup tree via genetic testing), and of the importance of identifying the y-haplogroup of these lineages. Somehow there has to be a way of bringing back earlier GENI tree builders for the purposes of obtaining their help with identifying the y-groups on their trees. Ideally, this would be done under the auspices of a Jewish Studies department in a University so that some funding could be obtained to cover the testing costs.

Private User

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Just as there are those who are son after son of Aaron Hachoen (and I am an example of such a person), I am sure there are those who are son after son to King David.

Unfortunately, both in previous centuries, and religious people today, change family trees to show that a certain person is the descendant of someone important in the history Of the Jewish people son after son, the changes they made, make it more difficult for us to study the truth.

A good example of this is Rashi, who according to Naftali Wakstein is probably a descendant of King David through his son Shaftia, but it is through Rashi's mother, people changed the family tree, and showed the connection through his father.

One last thing I should note is (and this annoys me very much): And I will ask for the reference of the CEO of Geni and the curators dealing with the Bible tree: there should be a uniform policy in Geni between Jews, Christians and Muslims ... ,
It is not possible for us Jews to cut whole branches of the family tree (some of which are certainly true) on the grounds that there is not enough evidence to prove them true, while for other religions, nothing is cut, even though their "connection" to King David is based only on their ambition and passion.
There should be a uniform and transparent policy

there is a uniform policy, the reason we have many cuts being made in the jewish tree is because we have 50 jewish curators, meanwhile in the islamic tree we have zero dedicated to fixing the the ancient lines,

Thanks for your response
I'm one of the most active people in Geni, I work a lot on the family tree and invest a lot in it..., and as a direct descendant of The Kozker Rebbi I always make sure the information I bring is , based on sources, then after much effort, the branches are cut off one after another. Thousands of hours go down the drain.

Then I ask myself, why bother, in any case All the hard work I put in will be cut at the end.
And by the way, about curators on the Muslim side I do not know, but there are very many curators on the Christian side, who give a stage to people's desire to show that they are "descendants" of King David, both they and I know this is not true at all
So, is there a uniform policy between the religions? I doubt it

Haim Katz - Hachoen Wartski - I promise, it’s not about religion. It’s about knowledge of the genealogy. I rely on “you” and other Jewish scholars to work out descent from people in the Bible. As Jason said, we simply don’t have anyone working on Geni currently with knowledge on the Arab lines, of any religion or background. My own non Jewish descent back to the Bible is through Spanish / Arab lines, and I’m at a loss, although I try, because it irks me. :)

Erica Howton

The Jewish curators at Geni also admit that they are not really versed in the Bible tree, and indeed for that you need someone who really understands this very very well.
So I will ask an innocent question: If the Jewish curators also admit that they do not really understand the subject, why are only the entire branches of the Jews erased, and all the thousands of hours of work I invested erased?

Haim Katz - Hachoen Wartski I supposed we could go cutting elsewhere on the tree as well. :)

For example, I've read historians that say Shushandukt was not a historical person (earliest source seems to be several centuries later). I imagine that there would be *very* angry people if we cut that profile though.

There's also some very sketchy stuff in medieval Spanish profiles. Some of the people claimed to have come over from Babylonia to Spain are conflated from multiple historical people. Some of their descendants are listed as marrying into Spanish nobility (which is actually plausible, since Jewish converts to Christianity in that era were typically adopted by noble families in the process), but the details are presented here on Geni as concrete facts, while the sources clearly indicate speculation.

If you have concerns about the validity of historic profiles please open discussions on each one so we can investigate

Jason Scott Wills I don't think there's a point in this case. As far as I know there isn't a specific Geni policy around minimum genealogical evidence.

I think the general approach taken here was necessary. There was a real mess that was getting hard to work with, and now it is feasible to go through one profile at a time and build things back up with evidence along the way.

So I will ask an innocent question: If the Jewish curators also admit that they do not really understand the subject, why are only the entire branches of the Jews erased, and all the thousands of hours of work I invested erased?

Since I’m not involved in this I can’t even begin to answer. I can tell you my own experience in other areas: research is never a waste, and if one door (connection) closes, another, or many more, open. Please keep up the important work you do!

There's also some very sketchy stuff in medieval Spanish profiles. Some of the people claimed to have come over from Babylonia to Spain are conflated from multiple historical people. …

Yes, this is an area of great need. I wonder if a project would help address it? I’m even trying to improve my very rudimentary Spanish skills.

There is a project for it. Victar was workinv on it but hes gone silent. Jaim harlow made many fraudulent connections between spain arabia and babylon which no one has looked into fixing yet

Do you have the project link? I think Randy Schoenberg was developing a plan for addressing spurious Babylon connections but I don’t know how far that got. Maybe now is the time to take it further.

The problem with Jaim's profiles is that it's a mix. If they were all fraudulent that would actually simplify things! Some are real. Some are completely made up by him. There's also many that appear to come from a book from the 60s that is generally not accepted by other historians.

Showing 61-90 of 126 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion