Geni Pro
  • Map of the county Buren, Atlas Maior 1665 © Wikimedia Commons, PDM
    Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 36 posts
10/23/2018 at 7:32 PM

If there are no notes / Sources in profiles for these first arrivers in the 1600s, let us help each other find them and add them.

Link the profile in this discussion.

10/23/2018 at 7:33 PM

William Owen "Bill" Irwin here you go, but you may not get instant answers.

10/23/2018 at 7:35 PM

Martha Green Needs Source / Citations / Biography.

I should mention that SmartCopy has a feature to generate a Biography (family listing in the overview). However that shouldn’t be used until we’re sure the family is correct.

Private User
10/23/2018 at 7:38 PM

Awesome! I have a couple profiles in my lineage that need Curators. I’ve begun adding sources to their profiles and fixing them. I’m down to help as much as possible. FYI the profiles in question are: Su Song married to Joseph Harrelson, Patience Lewis married to Peter Harrelson, for starters.

10/23/2018 at 8:13 PM

Private User please send a link like the Robert Parke, Jr. I'm pretty sure from documentation he was an immigrant

Private User
10/23/2018 at 9:12 PM

I can't find confirmation of her parents and spouses.

Ursula Graff

10/23/2018 at 9:27 PM

I found this on FamilySearch her husband Hans Graff (dont know if it is correct, they are often incorrect as I've found) https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LRXJ-8KK FamilySearch.org You will need a Free Account to View

HANS GRAF, A FIRST SETTLER by Lindsay Brian PB 929.2 #1304. FAMILY HISTORY ; HANS GRAF FAMILY DESCENDENTS; LANCASTER CO., PA by Donald Tallman. US GENWEB ARCHIVES . mama@slkc.uswest.net The first mill in Lancaster Co. was built by Hans Graf. He was the first settler of Earl Twp. and the community sprung up around him. RUPP'S 30,000 IMMIGRANTS mentions on page 433-" Hans Graf came to Germantown in 1696. He was naturalized 14 Oct 1729.His brother Martin was the first constable. He arrived in America at Pennsylvania in 1695 and became a man of wealth and prominence.
29 April 2014 by Jane Green

Private User
10/24/2018 at 1:59 AM

Su Song Harrelson / Saura Indian

Paul Harrelson, Jr.

Patience Harrelson

Paul Harrelson, Jr.

Paul Harrelson, Sr.

Rebekkah Harrelson

I have found a will of Paul Harrelson and Benjamin Harrelson (Su Songs Son) have placed it in the about section & pics from Ancestry in the Media Secrtion of the people who are named in them. The “main” profile I started with first is Su Song Harrelson, which in my humble opinion, needs sourcing, etc. first and can be worked in every other direction (kids, husbands, etc).

Private User
10/24/2018 at 2:07 AM

Benjamin Harrelson, I

Forgot to add Benjamin’s profile link in my last reply. TIA.

Also, I’d like to add someone to this discussion, how do I go about doing that?

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087

If she can please be added it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Also, a good question that I have is on a couple of these profiles Curators have made revisions but have not made themselves Curators or made them MP’s to reduce the “bad merges” etc. Erica I had sent you an email regarding these questions. My apologies for not responding as I was out of town and have been playing catch up with EVERYTHING.
Regards,
B. Russell, EMT-I

Map of the county Buren, Atlas Maior 1665 © Wikimedia Commons, PDM
Private User
10/24/2018 at 3:41 AM

... am following this thread with interest...

10/24/2018 at 5:16 AM

I'm following too, but must admit I have to 'glue' a lot of the conversation(s) together... This will be a Big Order. (but, then again, I'm an old fart & not as sharp as I once was.)

Private User
10/24/2018 at 11:43 AM

Erica can Su Song Harrelson’s profile be made into an MP &/ or can you become a curator for it? Reference my email the other day, this is a PERFECT EXAMPLE along with the other links I posted.

10/24/2018 at 12:22 PM

It would help me immensely if the profile itself is filled in with narrative & family listed in the “about” and citations to sources (not family trees) added. Otherwise I have to do the research myself, which is a little unfair since it’s not my family, and I’m starting from scratch.

:(

10/24/2018 at 12:51 PM

Marvin Loyd Welborn

I started this particular discussion because the internet sites for first arrivers to the North American Colonies may have erroneous information - including Geni. But it’s difficult to get that corrected until we have profiles that are sourced, and conflicting source information reconciled by discussion.

Of course this is a tall order. I’ve worked most on New Netherland Colony, The Great Puritan Migration to New England, the Jamestown Colony, Cherokee history, and tracing my own lines.

So let’s help each other by getting these “empty” profiles in better shape.

Ben around the world is quite correct: let’s do a family at once!

10/24/2018 at 1:30 PM

Looking for sources and it seems many have been gobbled up by Ancestry and others...I used to be able to look at such places as city or county websites and even my own state’s archives are more difficult to manuever.....since I have deleted so much of my Ancestry tree and also because I no longer have access to the notes I took and saved in an old computer that died, I am in search of sources all the time I am aware that many are trying to keep genealogy research free and accessible but they are not always easily found with typical browsers or search engines ☹️

10/24/2018 at 5:38 PM

There are two approaches, top down and bottom up. Bottom up is better, because the more recent, the less fiction. So if we concentrate that way in sourcing Geni profiles, we will often enough not make it to the “tree top” where you need me. I like that one. :):)

10/24/2018 at 5:55 PM

Ok here is one that always bothered me, my 8th GGM Rebecca Harndell

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LBP1-F65
This is a fictitious name for Mrs. Maxson made from an old error. She was not a Marbury. She is probably the same as Mrs. Maxson. But NOT Marbury. Read the Maxson and Hutchinson scholarly sources inc. "The Great Migration."

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LBJG-S4B

Mrs. Rebecca Maxson was not a Marbury and not in the family of Rev Francis Marbury. See "The Ancestry of Anne Hutchinson,"
https://books.google.com/books?id=5dYUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA24&lpg=...

10/24/2018 at 6:22 PM

Private User I found this but FS states it has problems

Benjamin Lewis Harrelson I about 1725 – after 1798 LCJD-DJZ

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LCJD-DJZ FamilySearch.org You will need a Free Account to View

10/24/2018 at 7:44 PM

William Owen "Bill" Irwin

Disconnected Rebecca Harndell as daughter of Rev. Francis Marbury & Bridget Newman

Please add the book citation to her profile “about,” and include the book name, author & page number as well as the link to it.

10/24/2018 at 8:31 PM

Merged. FYI “goodwife” or “goody” is a mode of address in this time & place, not a Birth surname.

10/24/2018 at 8:51 PM

Lol ok...did not notice, just saw the blue tree hint but thank you so much!

Private User
10/25/2018 at 12:52 PM

Eric I had some information in the ABOUT section of Su Song Harrelson’s profile and was working on sourcing. Then I sen you had sourced it. I’m still looking for more information but I’ve already added info to Benjamin, Rebekkah, and her grandfather per his will I found. All of it was sourced and media uploaded.
I’m still not understanding why she can’t me made a MP/Curated.

Private User
10/25/2018 at 1:04 PM

Benjamin Harrelson

I don’t understand what happened but I had Benjamin’s profile sourced and info in the ABOUT section. Now, it shows he has 2 step mothers which is clearly not correct. Su Song was his mother. This is why I asked about her profile being a MP/Curated because now it’s wrong again, and so is Benjamin’s.

10/25/2018 at 1:13 PM

Private User I try not to MP a profile I know nothing about; I can’t curate it effectively. I get emails asking about it, and I have to say - all I know is what you see. Not fun.

Add something to the “overview” and “then” I’ll MP her.

(Harrison is different - they are so easily confused; we would MP just to keep them distinct.)

10/25/2018 at 1:28 PM

Sorry - meant Harrelson.

The issue with Benjamin Harrelson parents showing incorrectly was resolved by

Profile view > Relationship tab > (drop down) selecting the correct parent pair > save and close.

Private User
10/25/2018 at 1:53 PM

Done. Working on media and more souricing, thank you so much.
B. Russell, EMT-I

Private User
10/26/2018 at 11:36 AM

Done. Working on media and more souricing, thank you so much.
B. Russell, EMT-I

Erica Howton

Private User
10/26/2018 at 11:53 AM

Erica Howton

I always forget to put the link, my apologies. As per your request about adding in Su Songs overview, then you’ll MP it, it’s done. 😊
I’m also gathering media and more sourcing to add.

Regards,
B. Russell, EMT-I

10/26/2018 at 3:47 PM

Su Song Harrelson / Saura Indian Is coming along. Are you sure Song was a surname? Native Americans didn’t have any except what they may have acquired later in life. Did she have more kids? Online trees seem to think so. Is there any record reference?

Showing 1-30 of 36 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion