Need help fixing Colonial American trees? Post it here!

Started by Erica Howton on Sunday, September 2, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 8011-8040 of 8899 posts

Erica has MP’d one of the men and I rejected the merge of the 2 Elizabeths because they are different people who married the two men who happened to be first cousins

There’s a little cross over of children. Working on that now.

I have found this entanglement.

Marie Langlois (no record for the name of Marie-Anne Langlois) who marries
1. Julien Constantineau
2. Denis Gentil
Marie Langlois

Is not the daughter of Noel Langlois and Francoise Grenier
Noël Langlois dit Boisverdun

They come from different parts of France, and there's too many children listed in his profile.

I added to Noel, and tagged most of his children and first wife in the Tanguay Collection record clipped image that I found on Find a Grave, to help discern the correct children. It's a bit tangled and a couple of duplicates and name doubling, and forcing to fit.

And that includes adding my 12th GGM Marie Langlois Constantineau Gentil into that family.

There's also a suggestion on her page that she is a Filles du Roi but there's no evidence of that, she was married with children when she arrived. Not sure if that means the current profile photo is then incorrect, as I've seen that used on other King's Daughter's profiles. I'll let you decide what is right there.

I've not editing anything so that it can be attended to correctly, and verified by another set of eyes. (Thanks Erica)

Perhaps her name Marie-Anne should be locked at just Marie, until there's proof otherwise?

Or perhaps Angus Wood-Salomon you could help with this one?

Another Filles du Roi profile.

Duplicate sets of parents
Marie Martin

Private User - Marie Martin is resolved.

I've used SmartCopy to update the FamilySearch profile.
Catherine Normand
She is also a King's Daughter.

There is a child that was previously connected to this couple,
Joseph Normand
But he's clearly of the wrong generation.
However, I'm not able to remove the parents from this profile.

Erica Howton this came up on my tree conflicts as an unfinished merge that was started by you. I'm unable to finish the merge, due to zombies and I also wasn't sure if you were still working on something? All but 4 of her siblings are zombies and so is one of her husbands. Thanks.

Maria Magdalena Greiner

Abraham Meili Miller couldn't have had both of those wives. This is from the 2010 update.

Thanks Erica Howton!

Jeanne Bilodeau, Fille du Roi
This profile has a whole bunch of inconsistencies connected to the family.

Joseph Martin, I

Interesting mention in my GGF Will

How do I add Dot, an enslaved young women who my GGF freed

She must've have been either his daughter or special - he freed her, set money aside for her education and also provisions to free any of her issues as well.

In my opinion, should add her unknown mother and her, perhaps as an adoptive daughter, until we have DNA matches that may show up in the future from her issues?

If DNA matches are out there and she is a Martin, they will probably match me. the Martin DNA is strong. We shouldn't forget her, she was freed at his death.

Suzan Martin - I would treat as a speculative child, with links in “about.”

You could also create a project to discuss all his enslaved people.

Private User - re Jeanne Bilodeau, Fille du Roi

Did a lot of nearby merges, hopefully that helped. Many of the living dead made deceased / public as well.

Private User - re Abraham Meili Miller two wives.

What did you want a curator to do?

Erica Howton Speaking of slaves, The Christchurch, Middlesex Co, Virginia parish records lists slave births, mother, child, and owner starting in 1663. and some slave deaths also.

https://archive.org/details/parishregisterof00chri

Charles

Did you want to add that resource to our project, https://www.geni.com/projects/Enslaved-Persons-in-America/11488

yes please, first I have heard of that project (not that I have looked). Such a rarity that I thought others needed to know.

Private User - updated Marie Langlois some more and locked relationships to “no parents.” No reason to think she was a Fille de Roi. She was married in France.

Oh, fabulous, that's perfect! Thank you, Erica Howton!
I just sent a message to Curator Paul for Noel's profile, I'll let him know that you've resolved Marie's ^_^

Erica is the best she works hard on everything she does. Huge shout out for her. She help me so much on here with my family and I was able to contribute some my self. She has a huge gift piecing stuff together. She help me enjoy Geneology even more last year in a half and learn history never knew before in my own ancestors.

Thank you, Private User that’s very sweet.

We have a really terrific crew contributing to Colonial American genealogy on geni. We improve the tree constantly. I’m proud of our efforts and results.

Focusing more on my part Scotch heritage. Some of my family on my mom still wearing the Brisbin Tartan kilts. Strong Scottish heritage. Of course my favorite movie Brave Heart.

Ya know it Erica had to do the shout out cousin you deserve it.

Private User - you inspired me to get this project made, please feel free to collaborate & contribute (all are welcome, of course).

https://www.geni.com/projects/French-Canadian-naming-conventions/4496421

The Geni Wiki (RIP) was retired in November, so we’ve been updating the project https://www.geni.com/projects/Geni-naming-conventions/1357 And its related ones.

Could we use a project page specifically for Colonial America? There are some key differences to modern naming conventions, perhaps. Or, does the section on “USA” cover it well enough?

Showing 8011-8040 of 8899 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion