Need help fixing Colonial American trees? Post it here!

Started by Erica Howton on Sunday, September 2, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 271-300 of 8899 posts

Ellen Osgood/Kent added 5/1/2019 is one of 2 mothers for Richard ‘the Malster’ Kent (MP). Ellen Osgood/Kent is the old profile. Richard has 2 fathers as well - Thomas Kent, Sr., of Over Wallop (MP) and Thomas Kent, Sr., of Over Wallop.

Can I say annoying?!

Richard ‘the Malster’ Kent has duplicate wives as well. I don't see duplication of the children.

Col. George Beall has too many children! His "About" section lists 13 children. He currently has 16 offspring! https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=73152919650 has 2 daughters that do not make sense.

Fixed! ;)

Jessica Marie German - thanks for the fixes in the Kent line.

Hopefully Dan Cornett will see the mess on Col. George Beall

I don't think she's with the correct parents. My Heritage trees show her parents as Samuel Woods and Patience Bigelow. Maybe she is the 2nd wife.

Sarah Spalding

Whoops, the Kents are mine, probably because I'm a descendant of a descendant Kent from Suffield. Thank you Jessica Marie German and Emily Kent Marget.

Private User

===References
* Vital Records of Chelmsford, Births. http://ma-vitalrecords.org/MA/Middlesex/Chelmsford/aBirthsW.shtml “Woods, Sarah, d. Samuel and Mary, Mar. 8, 1730”

I'm working on Richard ‘the Malster’ Kent. There's a well source profile at We Relate, based on Robert Charles Anderson. There were two wives, the second one only had one child and her parents were unknown.

I inherited these profiles from another curator and I think they haven't received much attention yet, so thank you again for bringing the issues to our attention.

See this discussion -- Joseph Kent, of Dedham & Rehoboth

I'm reassigning or detaching the children of Richard Kent. There should be only four -- three by Mary Drew: Rebecca, Sarah, and unnamed child and one by Emma Unknown: John Kent.

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer - Thanks for further fixing of the Kent line. I found the mess in my "tree matches".

Erica Howton found parents for John, Joshua, and Joseph, who are three brothers from Dedham, who were erroneously attached to Richard and Emma.

Unfortunately it's proliferated on My Heritage and we'll have to look out for bad data from Geni that went to My Heritage coming back to infect the improved Geni tree :)

Correction: Erica found that they were three brothers, no proven parents but she's nicely documented them in the Overview.

I've added them to the Dedham project although they aren't listed as founders, but they were early to Dedham. This may help to keep them straightened out.

Joshua Kent, of Dedham

Well, I don’t think we know the names of the parents of the Kent brothers (John, Joshua & Joseph), but the evidence to support them as brothers looks good. They resided at Dedham and seem to have had an aunt Elizabeth Hardier of Braintree.

https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinghobbykentline2/home/jos...

? Joana Kent

Rebecca Bishop

Sarah Kent

are the three daughters born to Mary Drew and Richard Kent.

John ‘the Mariner’ Kent is the one child born to Emma Unknown and Richard Kent.

I noticed an Easton in the founders of Dedham and I believe the Kent and Easton families were closely related. I'll have to take a look.

https://www.geni.com/search/matches?id=6000000024724965477&src=...

The place where the GEDCOM Lazzell tree is attached to the existing tree is at Dr. Ichabod Warner, III.

I don't know anything about this part of the tree, but there seems to be an issue with whether there are two Ichabod Warners, born and died different places, around the same time. Or was there one, married to these two women, but that seems at a glance to not make sense.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/58954311/ichabod-warner The one married to Mary Lazzell/Lasell?

Mary Warner Here's where the GEDCOM was attached.

Conrad Custer (Kuster) is in a relationship cycle within the immediate family.

Conrad Nuzam Custer

Sarah Ann Nance is a mess with multiple parents due to a variety of reasons.

Conrad Custer (Kuster) is still in a relationship cycle within the immediate family, per above. Thank you.

Private User Conrad Nuzam Custer - as soon as I touched it, yet another duplicate ! I think I need to merge & then conform the tree. Will advise when done.

Private User I think I got the conflict - please check and post a link if you spot something. There are still perhaps some genealogy questions in the tree.

More Bliss - Foote mess.
Margaret Day cannot be the daughter of Ephraim Foote. Her birthdate is before his.

Margaret Foote (added April 2019) looks like a duplicate of Margaret Foote (MP profile).

Margaret Day is fixed.

The dates were probably from a Margaret Foote a generation earlier but since there was a single manager, it doesn't seem to be from a merge, maybe a miscopy.

Yes, it appears to be Ephraim Foote's sister, Margaret, whose birth and death dates were copied.

There was already an MP Margaret Foote Day, with which I merged.

Showing 271-300 of 8899 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion