Need help merging Colonial Americans?

Started by Erica Howton on Saturday, August 11, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 5071-5100 of 5589 posts

Erica Howton

I was just wanting to bring attention to the records as they don't line up with John's story or records on FamilySearch.

That's why I shared the project of the Africans in Amsterdam. We have the adopted family member in South Africa. I'm thinking another genetic pool of the same thing happening with them bringing them to Ireland and the mixed race children, or just full African children because we know thst usually goes hand in hand with the history of the enslavement issues. Ibe come across my own Grandmother saying she was mixed race and her parents came from Ireland but in another Census it says Maryland. That's connected to the smith line.

I'm trying to go on oral family history of Black Irish and Germans. The DNA Study for the Cactoctin Furnaces enslaved fits in with Irish,Africa,European data points in the UK. I have that DNA Study in the project.

I'm looking at the bigger picture. It takes time and evidence. Nothing we could figure out in a day or document. I'll have to look more into the history of human trafficking in Ireland during that period. We do know out of Dublin since around 11AD it was happening. I'm not ruling the story in or out yet, but the details are not jiving. I do know the Ashurst family enslaved 11 or so and they married to the Kennedy family. Ill have to look at DNA matches and Surname Study. Just thinking out loud.

https://aaregistry.org/story/black-history-in-ireland-a-story/

Elizabeth Holt - locked fields, please assist. Thanks!

https://www.geni.com/list/tree_conflicts

Hi Private User

The link brings me to my own merge center, not yours.

Can you post the profile links

Let's try this again...

Elizabeth Holt

Dear Erica,

This John Kincheloe is on Geni. He married Mildred “Millie” Butler, as his first wife. He was the son of Capt. Daniel Kincheloe, an Officer in the Prince William Virginia militia, Deputy Sheriff of Prince William, the owner of Union Mills, etc. etc. ( source : Will of Capt. Daniel Kincheloe, Fairfax Will Books, Vol D1-F1, p. 115).

Capt. Daniel was the son of John Kincheloe (source: The Registers of North Farnham Parish, 1663 – 1814, digital images on FamilySearch.org Film # 007897249, p. 94, (http://www.familysearch.org : accessed 22 February 2024);

This earlier John Kincheloe is the only known and proven child of Cornelius Kincheloe, by his unknown wife. (source: Richmond County Virginia Deed Book 8, pp. 247-248).

Speaking of spouses, Capt. Daniel Kincheloe’s first wife was Elizabeth Wickliffe ( Wycliffe ). Elizabeth was part of the Wickliffe - Henry Brooks family that lived on the lands directly adjoining the original Washington properties in Westmoreland County, Virginia since the 1650s. The two families were intertwined for hundreds of years- they intermarried multiple times, sued each other and traded lands for generations ( hence the Hampshire County Washington - Kincheloe reference) . In fact the original Brookes - Wickliffe property of over 1000 acres on the Potomac, now called “Wakefield,” was eventually bought by the Washingtons and became the George Washington Birthplace National Memorial.

I

Michael

@john kincheloe

Not sure if this is the best place to post this But, ...I'm going to anyway. LOL

I have 14 family merges left in merge center, all from this year (new). They are all my 7 to 18 great grandparents, and all born from 1318 to 1690. I don't mind merging in large groups to keep it accurate. Each profile in the list is followed by their Curator. Anyone Curated by Private User I have taken over.

If anyone has is related and wants to work the merge, Just let me know. Figure I will be working this for the next month or two.

James Knott, of Nansemond, Gent. 1602
Erica Howton
Barnard Knott ?-d.1690
Linda Zimmerman
Helen Edwardes 1545
Erica Howton
Mary Catherine Walton 1645
Linda Zimmerman
Henry Cox, Jr. 1598
Linda Kathleen Thompson, (c)
Vincent Cox, Sr. 1632
Linda Kathleen Thompson, (c)
Martha Cox 1613
Linda Zimmerman
... de Luss, Heiress of Luss 1318
Erica Howton
Sarah Allen 1631
Erica Howton
Thomas Foster, of Billerica 1600
Erica Howton
Elizabeth Woodman 1553
Private User
Elizabeth Merritt 1664
Erica Howton
Joseph Ketchum 1649
Erica Howton

OK this is more for Erica-Howton since you are tied to most of them.
I am sure they will be in better shape when I am done, but I can't swear they will all be correct. If there are no sources attached, or I can't find sources, I will use genealogical logic to make decisions on cleaning them up. I will start on this, this cumming weekend, March 9th.
Linda

Linda Zimmerman - thanks for posting. I’ll try to look at my MPs & managed profiles from a sourcing / biography viewport.

Private User - conflicts resolved.

Thank you, Erica Howton for the help!

The @ only works at the beginning of a post. It’s very finicky. I just copy & paste from the browser.

Here’s Mildred Kincheloe & John Kincheloe

I resolved conflicting data.

Hi Linda Zimmerman I did the Cox merges, but if you see something there that I missed, please feel free to fix it. :)

Joseph Ketchum Merging is done.

Elizabeth Merritt Merging is done.

Elizabeth Woodman - isolated dup un matched

Thomas Foster, of Billerica - merging is done.

Emily Kent Marget Might want to curate Thomas Frost, Sr. & his wives. I added more bio info. He’s missing some of his children, and there are parents showing for Deborah Frost

Sarah Allen - match dealt with.

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000082751678075?return=dupli...

This is a messy GEDCOM. Proceed with caution.

Thanks Private User I’ll try and catch some of it.

Erica Howton - I'm working with the manager for Deborah Frost to get verification of her parents.

Emily Kent Marget - I thought you’d be interested.

Private User - I was able to catch & isolate the dup tree at DUP DO NOT MERGE Isaac Jacobus Van Nuys/ Vannuys The Gedcom kicked off from upload 2 years ago and is running. There must have been a merge somewhere.

Haden't planed on merging him just yet, he came from somewhere.

Hilarious. So you’re “it” now. Feel free to take over curating anywhere, and I have a terrific source for you. https://www.geni.com/projects/Adventures-of-Purse-and-Persons-Virginia-1607-1624-5/4498245

Carissa Hill Bought the books and James Knott, of Nansemond, Gent. is in there. I added him to the project with a citation in the about, but tag her in a project discussion to do a lookup for you, perhaps.

Wow, sounds great, he showing as my 11th, G Grandfather, but I don't feel any connection. I know you have better sources. I'm just trying to make sure everything makes logical sense. When I started this evening Barnard Knott had a birth date of 1580, and a death date of 1603. neither made any sense.

He married Alice Longe on 1590 in ,,,England. A hard date

Note: So the most probable birth date for Barnard Knott is 1570 , definitely not 1580, or 1520
Also a death date of 1602 seems illogical without a cause of death appearing in the records, I have selected the existing 1629 death date as more reasonable.

This is what I use most time to figure out dates, find a HARD date and extrapolate off.

Looks like the family worked both Virginia, and Charles MD. The books look like they will be invaluable.

Linda Zimmerman Your dating for Barnard Knott is logical but son James has a documented birth date of 1594 (age 23 in 1617).

I’m thinking the profile for E. M. Collins is a time traveler for (undocumented) mother Elinor Knott

James’ will mentions:

To sister E. M. Collins, Anna Young, or any of her child., personalty,

But could be a “church” sister.

If a lookup in AP&P doesn’t clarify it, start a public discussion from profile and tag Maven, she’s good on legal language, especially Eastern Shore.

The Will is here: https://www.colonial-settlers-md-va.us/getperson.php?personID=I3237...

Erica Howton Erica Howton I have him born circa 1570 which works out just fine for a Known marage in 1590 and a son born son born 1594

https://www.geni.com/discussions/185015?msg=1688501, yes, exactly. Thank you. I’m caught in trying to get rid of James Knott because who is Nathaniel?

Erica Howton I just posted his will in sources, page A, and B.

Not too hard to read.

So no son Francis? Will detach Francis Knott

I figured out Elinor Collins of 1550, she didn’t exist. She’s his wife Elinor, so I merged. The real Collins must be the sister E.M. Collins.

Unfortunately, here’s a source of wishful thinking pedigrees.

https://revjrknott.blogspot.com/2020/07/knott-ancestors-back-to-155...

I wouldn't too quick to drop him, not everyone gets named in a will.

Showing 5071-5100 of 5589 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion