Need help merging Colonial Americans?

Started by Erica Howton on Saturday, August 11, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 4891-4920 of 5400 posts

Would someone please look at this merge request: https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000001030650678?to=600000020... ?

I asked the manager of the profile on the right & he said that there was a question about it so not to merge the two profiles. So I clicked on the "I'll decide later" and then thought to put it here and hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

The comment in red is:

These profiles cannot be merged because one of them is in a tree that has been marked isolated.

I removed the match.

Patricia Ann Scoggin - The Perkins family had issues because of a GEDCOM. (I had it in my merge center last week.) The user also has profiles in the Clarkes.

Erica Howton Thank you

The GEDCOM entries seem to cause a LOT of problems for many families!!! Is there some way to eliminate them as they seem to cause more problems than adding useful help???

Here is another merge I am not sure about and would appreciate someone looking at it: https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000063691633917?cmp=featured...

I sent a message to the manager on the right but haven't heard from him so don't don't know what to do with this one. The Alexander Montgomery's are a challenge.

Re: Is there some way to eliminate them as they seem to cause more problems than adding useful help?

Don’t merge. Post the dup / and the MP in this discussion so the tree can be isolated and sent to geni for deleting. I write DUP DONT MERGE in the title field. It can be quite a bit of work to isolate a tree though; we need to find the lowest point on the tree where the member can be merged in to the world Family tree. So all help appreciated on that sleuth work.

Re: Alexander Montgomery, I

Merged Alexander’s but not children. They can be addressed individually.

James Montgomery

Jane Maxwell

Michael Montgomery

william Montgomerie

Erica Howton,

Thank you, for looking at this very confused tree--too many Alexanders!!! I am connected to Alexander Montgomery, I who is my 6th g-gf, who was born in 1705. (All of his sons and then some named their first born Alexander I think!)

I will post any future merge requests for a Montgomery here, rather than going to the managers.

Don’t be afraid to merge what you’re confident on.,:). And the lower generations benefited from the Gedcom. That’s the run: unnecessary at the top, really useful at lower branches. For only a couple of profiles, as it turned out Alexandrr & Mary were, it’s easier to merge, and smoothe it out by resolving data conflicts, and cleaning the about.

Thank you, Erica Howton

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000200421910417?return=match...

His wife is his mother and if I disconnect them I think it will disconnect them from the tree.

Private User - I'm still working through your pile of items. Carson Noah White is well after the time period in which I usually work.
I've done some sourcing for the Potters.

Private User - I know absolutely nothing about North Carolina and southern Virginia. My Virginia ancestors are well-documented and historical.
Sarah Walton and Sarah Sally Kittrell should not be a match. Different parents and husbands.

Emily Kent Marget Thanks for the help, I didn't realize there were so many. I'll have to refresh my memory and take another look at them later on, today.

Did what I could with the Carson Noah White branch.

For the other one, it looks like (on Geni; I haven't verified it): Susan Roundtree married both William Roundtree who died in 1704 (with him she had Sarah Sally Kittrell )...

and Francis Roundtree as her second husband (with whom she had another daughter they also named Sarah: Sarah Walton ).

The identical birth and death dates is confusing, but Susan (their mother) was born in Virginia, as was the older Sarah.

So I would suggest removing the match and merging the duplicate William Roundtrees. Also removing the dates from the older Sarah, because they don't fit with her father's.

Both Sarahs are already connected as half-sisters to their mother, Susan (Ames) Roundtree.

However, I just noticed more possible oddities with that branch:

1) Susan (Ames) Roundtree's half-sister is fathered by Susan's second husband??

2) Susan's father, John Ames, was born "before 1695" (she was born 1683 and her mother was born 1665). And his father, "unknown" Ames, was born 1664. So his father seems more the same age as his wife.

We have a match for Sarah Sally Kittrell as daughter of Thomas Roundtree & Elizabeth Roundtree so merged her there.

Private User - it looks like Abraham Meili Miller had two different wives but the only real way to understand the tree is by sourcing it.

What to do with a GEDCOM from November 2020 (User last online November 20, 2020) that started up again October 17, 2023. See https://www.geni.com/search/matches?id=6000000000953569168&src=profile&cmp=btn & https://www.geni.com/search/matches?id=6000000008642620729&src=profile&cmp=btn. A stick-and-spouse tree that comes down to Mary Hill vs Mary Hill (Granted Mary Hill does not look right.)

Please label the DUP match with “DUP DO NOT MERGE” It’s a start to isolating,

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000198383738852?return=dupli...

The one on the left is a locked MP and her name is incorrect. The left has Adelia, the right has Cordelia and the nickname of Delia. All the records I've seen actually just have Delia.

Sources I've seen; SAR application, NAFH, Early Families of Herkimer County, New York, and US Dutch Reformed Church records for her son John Peter,

The DAR record of her husband has Delia in the individual descendant records, but in the Ancestor record it has Adelia.

Merged and updated and to Delia, with Adelia, Cordelia as AKAs.

Rev. Nacy Ignatius Meeks is in the tree of my nephew's DNA match but is on my sister-in-law's side so I am not familiar and see several issues with merging--- the parents and wives appear to be the same but not entirely, of course :/
Mary "Molly" Meeks looks like Mary "Molly" Meeks
but they each have TWO husbands attached-- the first one has two William and the one without parents has TWO John Meeks.

Please help?

These profiles need to be merged. Elizabeth "Betsey" Collins and Elizabeth "Betsey" Collins When I made the profile I wasn't exactly sure the date of Elizabeth "Betsey's" death. I just knew she didn't make it to the 1830 census. Still having a hard time finding vital records because there seem to be more than 1 person with that name in MA. There is a birth record from Danvers MA for 1860 but our Elizabeth was born much later. My dad's DNA thrulines matches have matches going through Elizabeth's mother Sara Wade. I know Elizabeth moves to North Anson Maine and marries Philemon Collins. I just can't find vitals for a death. Her husband's death is mentioned in DAR Patriot records and it was mentioned he is buried in North Anson, Maine . (I figured if I find him it may lead to Elizabeth. ) It didn't give a location in town and the cemetery sexton couldn't find them in his records. There was a son with the same name buried in North Anson.

Private User - merge done

Showing 4891-4920 of 5400 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion