Need help merging Colonial Americans?

Started by Erica Howton on Saturday, August 11, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 301-330 of 5589 posts

Here is my direct line if it is of any help - James of Haverhill; Ensign John Davis of Haverhill; Hannah (Davis) Dalton, widow Keyser; Timothy Keyser; Samuel Kezer; Samuel Kezar (Keazer); Eunice (Kezar) Kent; Henry Sewall Kent; Robert Restieaux Kent; George Henry Kent; Emily (Kent) Platt; Emily (Platt) McDaniel; me. Hatte Blejer may be able to help with the Kent portion of this.

So are you OK with the decision to disconnect from John of Acton Turville?

I set up his James son here, he must have been the oldest son, with brother Samuel still an apprentice, which argues for John having a second wife (age gap). As oldest son it strikes me as least likely he’d emigrate? (A question, as we don’t know all the motivations, and I haven’t seen an Arrival year).

James Davis, of Haverhill

Hopefully the US line is in better shape than this England genealogy ...

Erica Howton I am fine with the decision to disconnect James Davis (married Cicely) from all parents.
As I stated earlier, from the messed up merges, I think there are 2 Thomas Davis who lived in England within 30 miles of each other. Which one begat James, I have no clue.

Until we can discern which Thomas emigrated to Haverhill, I agree that it is best to leave James without parents. However, notation should be made about the issue in the various affected profiles so that some more enterprising person can connect the correct parents to the proper profiles.

I’m dropping this link off for study, disconnecting Thomas Davis, of Haverhill from John Davis, of Acton Turville & tagging Private User to come take a look also. Thomas has too many children.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Davis-1090

Got problem with Frances White Wells again:

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000088331915829?from_flash=1...

Borth date, death date, and parent on this one Frances Wells

Whenever you can get around to it.

Meant to say birth date, death date and parent are incorrect.

Cicely Chapin has data conflicts on locked fields. Likely cause - https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=73264836890.

Although I collaborate with the lead manager, I will not override locked fields.

Private User Done. The bad data auto resolved for once.

Thanks, Erica. Cleaned up around the edges, let's hope it stays OK.

Ann James
Private
Wyoming 1850's gedcom

William Bull
William Bull
New York 1750's gedcom

Nancy Brown
Nancy Brown
1760's Virginia

Col. Morgan Morgan
Col. Morgan Morgan
1680's West Virginia

I be careful there was more then one Morgan Morgan. I found some documents on him but haven’t had chance to put them in computer yet.

Billie

There is a Col. Morgan Morgan Group they could help.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/395159085706?ref=share

Billie

All of the two Morgan Morgan descendants appear to be the same - but that's why I am passing it to my awesome colleague Erica

Elizabeth Edwards and Elizabeth Edwards

Richard Edwards and Richard Edwards

These appear to be duplicates. With locked fields, I will not try it myself.

Emily Kent Marget there’s a deleted profile bug on one of the children of Elizabeth Edwards they are difficult to make go away. I’d rather hold off.

Erica Howton That is fine. I do not want to mess the "tree" of the Tuttles. Too many people trace from them.

Emily Kent Marget That was my thought also. The way to get rid of that ugly bug is to chop the tree apart and merge profile by profile. Worth it?

Erica Howton I don't see a choice, really. Either we chop the tree down and rebuild or we leave it as is.
If we leave it as is, merging duplicate profiles will be a problem. & I guarantee there will be another dufus who adds a duplicate profile.

Timothy Baldwin, Sr. had two mothers. One was deleted on March12, 2019. (There were other deletions in his family on that date as well.)

I did some cleanup around Timothy ... please check the area.

Dan Cornett It looks a whole lot better. Thanks.

Emily Kent Marget

I did a cleanup round on Lt. Simon Tuttle

Alas, the Tuttle tree means as many hands as possible. We’ll get there.

Hon. William Collier, of London & Duxbury has a similarly named half-brother: Hon. William Collier, of London & Duxbury.

I have not yet found the merge that caused this, if there was one. The profile for the half-brother was added in January, 2019.

Showing 301-330 of 5589 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion