Started by Private User on Thursday, July 26, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
7/26/2018 at 5:30 PM

I cannot make hide nor hair of the information under "clean up" of descendants of Francis Hardesty - and I really want to. I hope you will review the clean up page, and contact me with the correct information?
Either this page has numerous errors - or many other pages on different sites have errors - and some of the information contradicts itself. Perhaps you just listed everything you could find - pointing out all the discrpency and the mess.
Which is fine - but I thought the "clean up" page would actually provide the real answers.
Please respond and help me know what's happening...thnak you so much, Karen of Francis Hardesty the Immigrant

7/26/2018 at 6:30 PM

There was a lot of miss-merges and errors - some has been cleaned up some has not

People are copying information from this site as well as others combining information

SO me of this has been taken back to where it was - also there was a "special Gedcom dump" into GENI when they started the DNA project which added to the problem -

I am have slowly been workign on this - but have had a household member who has been sic since Nov. 2016 was not making red blood cells and having transfusions every 2 weeks - just recently died June 28th.

I have been working on the Hardesty's (variously spelld since 1976 - it started out as a 50 page booklet and has now wound up into RootsMagic 7 with 20,000+ profiles.

I have a double Linage off of Thomas Hardesty through 2 of his 3 children - Aquilla Hardesty and Margaret Alice Edington and to complicate matters Elizabeth Ashcraft son Daniel Boone Ashcraft married into my Emery ancestry besides the children of Thomas's descendants intermarrying down the line

I also have been workign with a Hardesty in England who has bone much research on the English ancestors

When comparing other sites MyHertiage, Find-a-grave, FamilySearch, Ancestry I am finding alot of miss-information and no documentation given.

I am placing ALL documentation down in the ABOUT ME'S abstraction of the documents as this will transfer in a GEDCOM - attached photos, documents do not as of right now or did not transfer when a GEDCOM was made from GENI - I am not sure if one can make a GEDCOM now since they have the ancestor/descendant reports in under the "Actions Tab" but they also brought down all the un-merged profiles lines/branches creating duplicate, triplicates etc of many profiles.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion