How do you use Geni Pro and what are your functions?

Started by Maryna Zhubryk on Monday, July 23, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by the Dutch Ministry of Defence. CC0 1.0. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lancering_Invictus_Games_2020-7_(cropped).jpg
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Photo by the British Royal Navy. OGLv3.0. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:William_Submarines_Crop.png#mw-jump-to-license

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 58 posts
7/23/2018 at 10:23 PM

HOW DO YOU USE GENI PRO AND WHAT ARE YOUR FUNCTIONS?

Good morning, I do not see anything from my unions center except for my mother's profile. And I do not have anything left in my memory when I control center unions in my relatives or in my subscriptions. I do not know if I explained myself.
I have a Pro account and I thought that there must have been a lot of functions and there must have been a fun thing too, I could have joined various profiles, but I found out from what the curators say the only thing
what can I do is build the tree. So I wonder what is the difference between a basic account and a Pro account? How is Geni Pro used?

"HOW DO YOU USE GENI PRO AND WHAT ARE YOUR FUNCTIONS?":

Private User
7/24/2018 at 8:33 AM

https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229706367-What-are-the-bene...

Probably the major two advantages of Geni Pro are
1) you can SEE the matches to other profiles on Geni that Geni suggests, instead of just getting an Ad for Pro
(the left-hand box - the blue box; the suggested Record Matches (brown box) and Smart Matches (green box) require both Geni Pro and MyHeritage Data Subscription)
and
2) if there is a problem, you can submit a ticket for Help (go to Help to do that).

I think also, you have to be a Pro to "break the Tree" - ie disconnect a profile that is not connected otherwise to the Tree.

No idea what "unions center" is. No idea what those three profiles are there to show or ask or whatever.

Yes, Geni is just about building the Tree and uploading photos and documents to the Profiles and filling in information on them, etc.
If building the Tree and helping to Document those on it are not your idea of "Fun", then no, probably no "fun thing" connected to being a Pro.

One does not "join" a profile.
For those that are MPs and have over 100 managers already, and a Curator, cannot think why one would want to add oneself as a manager (if that was what you meant).
Anyone can Follow any Public or Master Profile (or Private Profile they in Max Family, or managed by someone in Max Family) - just click "Follow" in box to Upper Right of the Profile - then you should be notified of changes to that profile.
Being Pro makes no difference when it comes to being a Manager of a Profile or to Following a Profile.

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio's 15th cousin!
Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio
Tú → Elba Chacón Silva
your mother → Luis Alberto Chacón Navea
her father → Pedro Nolasco Liborio Chacón Barrios
his father → Maria de la Concepción de la Concepcion Barrios Bustos
his mother → Ángela Bustos y Sanhueza
her mother → Matías Bustos y Baeza
her father → Carlos Bustos y Carvajal Vargas
his father → Úrsula Carvajal-Vargas y Roa
his mother → Juan Marcelino de Carvajal Vargas y Quesada Sotomayor, maestre de campo general de Chile
her father → José Ambrosio de Carvajal Vargas y Arbildo
his father → Luis Jacinto de Carvajal Vargas y Córdoba, encomendero de Guacho, capitan general de Guailas, gobernador de
his father → Isabel de Córdoba y Avendaño
his mother → Pedro de Córdoba y Guzmán
her father → Sancho de Córdoba Rojas y Mendoza, III Señor de Casapalma
his father → María Mendoza Silva
his mother → Garcia (el Magnifico) Manrique de Lara y de Mendoza, Gobernador de Parma y Piacenza
her brother → Maria Isabel Maximiliana Manrique de Lara y Briceño
his daughter → Polyxena von Pernstein, Burggräfin zu Böhmen, Princesa de Lobkovic
her daughter → Václav Eusebius František, II. Fürst Lobkowicz, Herzog von Sagan
her son → Ferdinand August, III. Fürst von Lobkowicz
his son → Maria Ludovika von Lobkowicz, Fürstin zu Thurn und Taxis
his daughter → Maria Augusta von Thurn und Taxis
her daughter → Friedrich II Eugen, Duke of Württemberg
her son → Duke Louis of Württemberg
his son → Alexander Paul Ludwig, Herzog von Württemberg
his son → Franz Paul Karl Ludwig Alexander, Prinz von Teck
his son → Mary of Teck
his daughter → George VI, King of the United Kingdom
her son → Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom
his daughter → Charles, Prince of Wales
her son → Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
his son

Princess Anne, Princess Royal is Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio's 14th cousin once removed!
Tú → Elba Chacón Silva
his mother → Juan Marcelino de Carvajal Vargas y Quesada Sotomayor, maestre de campo general de Chile
his father → Luis Jacinto de Carvajal Vargas y Córdoba, encomendero de Guacho, capitan general de Guailas, gobernador de
his mother → Garcia (el Magnifico) Manrique de Lara y de Mendoza, Gobernador de Parma y Piacenza
his daughter → Polyxena von Pernstein, Burggräfin zu Böhmen, Princesa de Lobkovic
his son → Mary of Teck
his daughter → Princess Anne, Princess Royal
her daughter

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex is Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio's 15th cousin!
Tú → Elba Chacón Silva
his son → Mary of Teck
his daughter → Charles, Prince of Wales
her son → Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
his son

7/27/2018 at 7:49 AM

More and more of the perks of being a PRO are disappearing, you can see matches but no longer can view the record or confirm the match without get adds to be a paid member to those sites, I can't even confirm matches to my own records to those partner sites. It is getting ridiculous.

7/27/2018 at 8:11 AM

Mónica Ximena
I agree with you.

7/27/2018 at 4:40 PM

The problem confirming Record Matches and Smart Matches was on the MyHeritage side. They've fixed it.

Private User
7/27/2018 at 6:13 PM

I am a pro, and just checked the records match on Myheritage and it is not fixed.

7/27/2018 at 9:37 PM

I registered in Geni.com in February but I did not find any new relatives except those in my tree and I put them in the tree personally. I have a Geni Pro subscription because it does not automatically find kinships? or it's me that I do not understand anything about how Geni Pro works. I also have a My Heritage subscription.

7/27/2018 at 9:42 PM

how did you do to find these kinships?

7/28/2018 at 1:50 AM

@Марина Жубрик
On top of a profileren is a section" your connected", under that the sentense" see your connection".
Click on that and it Will search if your connected OR not.

7/28/2018 at 2:40 AM

Herman Overmars

the green arrow?

7/28/2018 at 3:14 AM

The blue field" see how you are related".
Right under your connected.

7/28/2018 at 3:41 AM

Maryna Zhubryk The status " Pro " helps to find matches, but does not guarantee their presence. Add more relatives to your tree and then the probability of finding matches will increase. Yet in your family tree 20 man matches with a world tree is impossible

7/28/2018 at 4:31 AM

Herman Overmars

I do not see this field from me maybe it does not work in my profile. can you send me the screenshot to my e-mail address? marynazhubryk@hotmail.it

7/28/2018 at 4:35 AM

Марина Жубрик, Leonid Semenov told just the point of your problem. You don't have yet enough your relatives in your tree, I think. => You see only this comment: "We did not find..." Or I had this: "Мы не нашли пути к человеку Марина Жубрик." & "We did not find the path to the person Leonid Semenov (GENI Curator)."
I only have a basic Geni - version, but still I have found a large number of interesting new Geni path as well as relatives, whom I previously knew nothing about.
For Example: Stamfader Vasaätten Kettil is Pirkko-Liisa Rimppi's 17th great grandfather: Pirkko-Liisa Rimppi→ P. Rimppi your father →  Lyyli Rimppi (Hake) his mother → Knut Edvard Ferdinand Hake
her father → Amalia Charlotta Memsen
his mother → Gustaf Henrik Memsen
her father → Claes Henrik Memsen his father →  Johan Memsen his father →  Britta Årrhane his mother→ Anders Årrhane her father→ Gullbrand Hermansson Årrhane his father → Anna Ulf af Horsnäs his mother→ Erik Eriksson (Ulf af Horsnäs) her father→Erik Gudmundsson Ulf af Horsnäs (till Låstad och Furingstad) his father →  Märta Kristiernsdotter (Vasa) his mother → Kristiern Johansson (Vasa) her father → Johan Kristiernsson (Vasa) his father → Kristiern Nilsson (Vasa) his father → Nils Kettilsson (Vasa) his father → Stamfader Vasaätten Kettil his father.

7/28/2018 at 4:38 AM

Leonid Semenov (GENI Curator RU)

У меня в дереве 91 человек.

7/28/2018 at 4:43 AM

Pirkko-Lliisa Rimppi

how many people are there in his tree? I'm 91. And I do not know any more.

7/28/2018 at 6:06 AM

Martina, I also think you dont have enough profileert in your Familysearch tot search.
Try to find Dome with the search bar, OR likeI did, Google a family members name and you Will be surprised tot der what pops up.
By theway iam 64 so not realy a Young ons aswell. Sometimes IT is latin for me toch.
Ciao andmybest RegardsHerman

7/28/2018 at 6:10 AM

This is horreble My Dutch keyboard is making a mess of IT.
Again try to insert a family name at Google, and see what Comes out of that.
Thats how I started almost 15 years ago.

7/28/2018 at 6:39 AM

Herman Overmars

Did you start this thing 15 years ago? But it's a lot of time !!! I would not wait 15 years to get results. But I thank you anyway for help and your suggestions.

7/28/2018 at 6:50 AM

Your Welcome, it did not take me 15 years to get results. My pedigree has over 2000 profiles in more than 7 country's and is posted at several Geneology sites and goes back at 460 AC at Rome

7/28/2018 at 8:09 AM

Herman Overmars

what an interesting story. I will hardly get to that number. I'll give you my compliments!!!!

7/28/2018 at 8:36 AM

Thank you Martyna, I hope you will Find your ancestors to.

7/28/2018 at 8:46 AM

Martyna / Марина,
Statistics in my profile shows:
Ancestors 10.000
Ancestors (flesh and blood) 10.000
BUT: I have only 263 relatives in my own tree and I've not been diligent (hard-working) because of my life situation. & I started only one year ago.
However I have found more than 4500 ancestors, that is I follow those 4500 profiles. The reason to this is that
huge number of people have built common wood already ?? years - that's why I can only thank all those people!

7/28/2018 at 11:39 AM

Pirkko-Lliisa Rimppi

thank you so much!

Private User
7/28/2018 at 5:06 PM

Mónica Ximena - a Geni Pro Membership is all that is needed to confirm a Tree Match (ie a Match to another Profile on Geni).
However -
It has always been the case that in order to confirm a Smart Match (ie a Match to a MyHeritage Profile) -- or a Record Match (ie a Match to a Record in MyHeritage's Database) you needed BOTH a Geni Pro Membership AND a MyHeritage Data Subscription.
This is not new, it is not a bug, it is not perk of being a Pro which has disappeared.

Private User
7/28/2018 at 5:18 PM

Mónica Ximena - just saw your post in another discussion where you refer to "being Pro (for life)" -
so now I know what is going on --
apparently you missed the announcement when MyHeritage bought Geni, all the Lifetime Pro Memberships were cancelled. Lots and lots of discussion, angst, and complaint followed.

In place of a Lifetime Geni Pro Membership, we got 5 years of Pro AND 5 years of MyHeritage Database Subscription.
Which at some point, happily, morphed into 10 years of Pro but still only 5 years of MyHeritage Database Subscription.

The free 5 years of MyHeritage Database Subscription which all of us who had bought a Lifetime Geni Pro Membership had received as part of, in a sense, our consolation for losing that Lifetime Membership, has expired.
Which is why you are now seeing that Ad for Pro which you did not see for all those years.

Showing 1-30 of 58 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion