Chief Hokolesqua Opeechan Stream "Wynepuechsika Keiga-tugh-qua" Cornstalk - Anyone want to study Cornstalks?

Started by Bellinda Gail Myrick-Barnett on Saturday, July 7, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 96 posts

Erica Howton Rachelle Roby kit#AH6520100

Yes it does make it very difficult when they used a thousand different names for the same person.

I do feel that Cornstalk was a grandson of Paxinosa, just don't know for sure who his father was.

RAchelle do you have anything on Paxinosa?

I think the Access genealogy page is “good enough” to use “create a branch” and start a Paxinosa tree. There are two sons referenced and his wife may have a baptism name. There are also notes about Paxinosa on the White Fish Page.

Then we can see where / if the trees might / might not meet.

I was thinking, maybe collect the “siblings of Cornstalk” onto a NN “wife” of White Fish.

One of the difficulties is it was a polygamous and matriarchal culture. So we can’t assume same mother / same father.

The following spring at age 16, Methotasa married Shawnee Chief Paxinosa, aka Chief Pucksinwah, aka Chief Hardstriker. Their children were 1.Chiksika b. 1756, 2.Tecumapese b. 1758 (.......10 yr. span) 3. Blue Jacket 4.Tecumseh b. 1768 aka (Panther Crossing Sky) the triplets were born 3 yrs. after Tecumseh in 1771:5.Cat Follower 6. Stands Between & 7. Loud Noise.

https://www.ancestry.com/.../2761.3782.1.2.3.2.1/mb.ashx

There is a book called "A Sorrow in our Heart" written by Allan W Eckert regarding the life of Tecumseh. In it, Paxinosa is called Pucksinwah. He is mentioned several times thru out the book. (I have a copy of this book)

The book is classified as a "Narrative of America" "a descriptive biography"

The author is a 6 time Pulitzer Prize nominee and is an Emmy Award winning scriptwriter. He is the author of the Historical Series "Narratives of America"

Would this be acceptable source material?

Well i found this so apparently Paxinosa & Pucksinwah are NOT the same person

2. Puckshinwa must not be confused with Paxinosa 'Hard Striker' (Paxnous, Paxinos, etc.). a well-known chief in Pennsylvania who is a generation older than Puckshinwa. Paxinosa was married to a Moravian convert named Elizabeth, and he died in 1761, seven years before Tecumseh was born. The names, despite their similarity, have different etymologies.

https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&a...

Yes, let’s not get ourselves to the Tecumseh tree at this time. 26 kids of Cornstalk is going to keep us busy.:).

Erica Howton

Can you make this a master profile

Chief Paxinosa

there is another one on there that is bringing up things we don't want to get into -- check it out here.

BOO on this one --- Paxinosa "Hard Strike" Cornstalk, (fictional tree)

Linda (Carr) Buchholz

Done, very nice! Can you add the real people to the Shawnee History project ?

Linda, super ! ! !

Erica Howton already added them to Shawnee project

So Linda (Carr) Buchholz has asked us to look at whether it is reasonable or not to attach Okawela Paxinosa Okawela Cornstalk as son of Chief Paxinosa

Historical notes have “The Moravian Missionaries say he was the son or grandson of Paxinosa” but don’t list him among the sons.

A bit of the available evidence:

According to the journal of Indian agent George Morgan, their father was named White Fish, and Cornstalk seemed to confirm that in a 1775 speech. However, according to the records of the Moravian missionaries, Cornstalk was the son or grandson of a well-known Pennsylvania Shawnee chief named Paxinosa, or “Hard Striker” [SIC: not hard striker]

http://americanpatriotseries.blogspot.com/2017/12/nonhelema-of-shaw...

Sorry but need to post. There are 31 children (and he's probably still having more) currently showing on the Cornstalk "disaster". I quit monitoring it as I have all the other Don Greene fictional NA branches like Tecumseh and Bluejacket. Unfortunately I am primarily to blame for most of this mess as I built many of them based on that garbage. So please take this post as an apology, to all of you that are attempting to patch up this hemorrhage.

@Lloyd Alfred Doss Jr

Don't feel bad. A lot of us were taken in. We just need to do what we can to fix it. Together we'll get 'er done.

Site put together in Myanmar smushing together bits of other old sites.

The Snow in Face people look different and this one is documented:

Snow in Face

Private User “Queen” Aliquippa, of the Seneca is standing next to Allemykoppy in the museum... am I correct? Were they brother and sister? Or WHAT was their relationship?

Oh she back in in-laws relationships again with me been ages since looked at her profile.

https://www.geni.com/path/Billie-June-Keaffaber+is+related+to+Queen...

Billie

From http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5534

In all likelihood, “Queen” Aliquippa, of the Seneca father was a man of importance, perhaps a chief, with the Mingos. Her husband may have been a chief as will, but this is another point of confusion. One historian surmises that her husband was Connodaghtoh, a Mingo who died shortly after the 1701 encounter with William Penn. Another names Allemykoppy, a Seneca chief, as her mate. At least one other reference states that she was married to the Seneca chief Alleguippas. (While Alleguippas was in central and western Pennsylvania around the same time period as Aliquippa, it seems most likely that the two have been linked only by the similarity of their names.

Their statues are side by side in a museum.

“Queen” Aliquippa, of the Seneca is Diana Collins' 9th great aunt's mother!
Diana Collins
You → Bernard Lloyd Collins
your father → Orville Collins
his father → William Sanford Collins
his father → Mariah Birch
his mother → Margaret DeBolt
her mother → Teagarden Solomon Debolt, Sr
her father → George D. DeBolt
his father → Michael DeBolt
his father → Mary Seaworth Chartier
his mother → Sewatha Chartier, Pekowi / Shawnee
her mother → Chief Opressa Opentha Straight Tail / Piqua Shawnee, Bear Clan
her brother → Polly Sassanoan
his wife → “Queen” Aliquippa, of the Seneca
her mother

Erica,
Her profile sure has changed since we worked in her lol. Least one my goophs worked out. Lol.

Billie

I wouldn’t promise it’s right now!

Erica,
I know a lot of work went into this profile by a bunch us. I sure happy how it looks heck we only started out with her look at those kids lol.

Billie

You mean my GGparents descend from Cornstalk?!? 😁

Showing 61-90 of 96 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion