Sigrid the Haughty - Are these two the same person, I have been going around in circles today.

Started by Private User on Monday, July 2, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • private
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
7/2/2018 at 1:52 AM

https://www.geni.com/people/Świętosława-Piast/4645001

Świętosława «Gunhilda» Piast (Mieszkówna) MP

Polish: Świętosława Mieszkówna Piast (Mieszkówna)
Birth: circa 970 Poznań, Greater Poland, Poland
Death: circa 1015 (37-53) Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England
Place of Burial: England, later removed to Roskilde
Immediate Family:
Daughter of książę Mieszko I, Duke of Poland and Doubravka of Bohemia

Wife of Eric the Victorious, king of Sweden and Sweyn I "Forkbeard", king of Denmark, Norway & England

Mother of Emund Munsöätten; Gunnhild Svendsdatter; Gunhild Svendsdatter; Harald II, king of Denmark; Gyda Sveinsdotter, av Danmark; Thyra Sveinsdotter and Santslaue Svendsdatter Sveynsdottir « less
Sister of King Bolesław, I, the Brave
Half sister of NN; Mieszko Mieszkowic; Świętopełk Mieszkowic and Lambert Mieszkowic

Private User
7/2/2018 at 2:55 AM

No, they are not. Sigríði ina stórráðu is mentioned in Langfeðgatal as the wife of Erik Segersäll , also known as Eiríkr inn sigrsæli, Erik the Victorius, (unfortunately renamed as Erik N.N. Eric the Victorious, king of Sweden by some illiterate curators, and just as well cut away from his father, not much to do about this vandalism as some of them actually can do whatever they figure out without questioning.

Well anyway, Sigrid was married first with Erik and after his death 995 remarried to Sven, he had earlier a first wife, Gunhild, mother to Harald II av Danmark and Knud II den store, in English known as Canute the Great. Both these sons were born before the death of Erik. it's very unlikely, quite impossible, that Sigrid was the mother to any of them. Someone has made a grave mistake on Geni, and set up Svens first wife Gunhild, also as a wife to Erik.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langfe%C3%B0gatal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigrid_the_Haughty

Private User
7/2/2018 at 3:20 AM

Private User Thanks for getting back to me

I have been reading all the Wiki posts etc, today, and was working from your polish section, then a cousin sent me the Sigrid link and her lines are not showing the same as mine as should be.

I have not touched anything today, just looking and refreshed my links.

I noted that on most documents the marriage to Eric is not confirmed or, "some add that marriage".

private
6/25/2019 at 1:51 AM

I don't trust Wikipedia

Private User
6/25/2019 at 4:54 AM

private
Wikipedia is not the source, Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia and as such it's easy in many cases to link to it, and there you actually (often) can find the sources if you scroll down to; "References", and; "External links". Regardless your opinion about wiki, what you have to trust in the end is just the sources mentioned, nothing else.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion