this profile needs some attention.

Started by Guðbjörn Ívar Kjartansson on Sunday, July 1, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 15 posts
7/1/2018 at 4:41 AM

Leiv Fridleifson, {Fictitious} states that he was married to Álöf(þóra) Sigurðsdóttir the daughter of Sigurd "orm i oje" Ragnarsson, son of Ragnar Loðbrók wich is incorrect

7/1/2018 at 5:24 AM

Remi Trygve Pedersen and Harald Tveit Alvestrand are working here at the moment, I think.

7/1/2018 at 5:32 AM

Tora, "Álöf" Sigurdsdottir is the MP

I have been deleting Ragnar duplicates whenever i find them but i have never noticed this family.

Regarding Álöf/þóra are these two names typically interchangeable or derived from the same root? To me they seem totally different, as if two different daughters from two different traditions have been combined.

7/1/2018 at 5:36 AM

next question. Who is Leiv Fridleifson, {Fictitious} supposed to be? Is there an MP? Currently he is the son of a Frodi which makes no sense given his patronym

7/1/2018 at 6:57 AM

i have no idea who he is supposed to be nor from what sources.. ( i cant seem to find any on him at least) the only speculation is that he is supposed to be Frileif, but that is merely a speculation and he has no conection to åløf/thora Sigurdardottir..

7/1/2018 at 8:38 AM

That “clue” doesnt say much

7/1/2018 at 9:09 AM

It gives a context for why someone might call him Fridleifsson. It's easy enough to find who he is supposed to be, all across the Internet. What was hard was figuring out why he would be placed here.

7/2/2018 at 3:21 PM
7/2/2018 at 4:07 PM

Yes, that's him. There's only one Leif den Frøkne. He's all over as Herleifsson. Couldn't figure out why someone would call him Fridleifsson. And still can't figure out how they got to the idea he's married to a granddaughter of Ragnar.

7/2/2018 at 6:08 PM

Drugs are bad, mmmk?

7/3/2018 at 3:57 AM

Yea it doesn’t add up that he should be married to the grand child of Ragnar lodbrok... and it confuses that his father has the first name Leif....unless “her” and “frid” are nicknames added in front of his name Leif....“her/military” “frid/peace”.... but anyways drugs are bad mkay

7/3/2018 at 2:58 PM

According to the "How Norway was founded" tale, Leif the older was called "Frid-leif" (Peace-Leif) because the kingdom was peaceful in his time.

His son (or grandson, I forget), who was also called Leif, had no such luck, and was called "Hær-leif" (Army-Leif) because that's what he spent most of his time on.

MPs:

Fridleif Skjoldsson, King of Denmark

Leif Herleif Frodasson, King of Skjaelland

There's also another Fridleif MP:
Fridleif, King of Denmark

But he's on another path.

I do NOT like the Danish kings much - their lack of imagination in names is stunning.

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion