• Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
6/14/2018 at 2:26 PM

In your header of pertinent facts, you say that his wife was Elizabeth Browne but you say in your essay section that while both his first and second wives were named Elizabeth both of their surnames are unknown! What gives?

Private User
6/16/2018 at 2:07 PM

At this time record keeping of females was evidently not considered of significant importance. My research from My Heritage has Nicholas M. 1631-1678 married to Elizabeth Woodhouse in 1656 in Lynnhaven Parrish, Lower Norfolk, VA. She was later married to William Browne in 1661. The number of children from both unions seems impossible, especially since one both was listed when the father was 4 years old. So, what gives? Your guess is as good as any bodies. This Nicholas was my 9th Great Grandfather, and I am leaving it at that! Flo Jo

Private
6/17/2018 at 7:28 AM

He was one of my great grandfathers as well and i just posted info from the meriwether society that his wifes maiden name is unknown. There are many speculations to her family name...one was browne, one was woodhouse and a few others. But its being left as unknown and i will correct my info.

Private
6/17/2018 at 7:33 AM

As this profile was a merge and not mine i cannot edit anything. But it states she was unknown and will remain unknown till proven.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion