Chief Lamochattee "Red Eagle" - For all fellow descendants of Great Great Great Grandfather William Weatherford

Started by Randall Freeman on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Chief Red Eagle (William Weatherford) Artist J.R. Chapin, Engraver W. Ridgway (cropped) Library of Congress. from https://www.nps.gov/hobe/learn/historyculture/major-participants-in-the-creek-war.htm
  • The McGillivray and McIntosh Traders, On the Old Southwest Frontier 1716-1815 by Amos J. Wright

Related Projects:

Showing all 25 posts
5/20/2018 at 10:14 AM

From beginning to end, this record of his life needs several revisions to it. The updates have to have substantial evidence and not past down thru the years hearsay. We are very off track on this and we need to validate his life with the purpose he so deserves.

One Photo that has been circulated within the last 2 years says that it is a" photo "of a "picture " of him. This has been published in the Alabama Pioneers magazine. This is clearly not him! This is a close up of a native man, who is standing next to 2 whitemen in 20th Century shirt and tie!
This is this type of misrepresentation that I speak of!

Lets get it right and establish what we know as fact.
Cousin, Randall. @William Weatherford.

5/20/2018 at 11:18 AM

The Photo(s)in the Media Tab is the one(s )I am referring to. This is taken from a 20th Century photogragh and should NOt be assigned to Our Grandfather, William Weatherford! geni needs to reject and delete these!
For all decsendants - disregard these false photos!

Private User
5/21/2018 at 6:31 AM

Have you made a direct request to Bridget Andrea Davis to remove the picture in question? She is the one who can do that. This would certainly be a first step.

Another tact would be to add a statement to the memorial page that this is in fact not a picture of him, but a fictional representation.

5/23/2018 at 9:27 AM

The correct pronunciation of his Muscogee Creek name is Lumhe (eagle) chati(red).
as written in Muscogee ,
Lvmhe Cate

5/23/2018 at 9:35 AM

Also , he was not a Chief(Mico). He had no chiefdom title of any tribal town. He was however selected as one of many Red Stick War Leaders due to white encroachment of alabama tribal land.

5/23/2018 at 9:46 AM

Also , he was not a Chief(Mico). He had no chiefdom title of any tribal town. He was however selected as one of many Red Stick War Leaders due to white encroachment of alabama tribal land.

5/23/2018 at 5:47 PM

No. This website has to be accurate and do the work. That's why yo'ure in business. To publish the truth.

5/23/2018 at 7:52 PM

Randall Freeman I’m not very familiar with him, but I edited out the Chief for you. Geni is a collaborative tree, please feel free to work directly with the profile notes. When it’s ready curators will gladly lock in place for you.

5/23/2018 at 9:36 PM

Grandfather has many variables.
His Dad,Charles was1/4 Indian because His Mom was Jane Weatherford (half-blood)we dont know what tribal nation she belonged to.
Charles was married to Sehoy III . She was all native and part French from her her Grand father.She was half sister to Alexander Mcgillveray

5/23/2018 at 9:39 PM

Grandfather has many variables.
His Dad,Charles was1/4 Indian because His Mom was Jane Weatherford (half-blood)we dont know what tribal nation she belonged to.
Charles was married to Sehoy III . She was all native and part French from her her Grand father.She was half sister to Alexander Mcgillveray.She was not Scots! She was

5/23/2018 at 9:49 PM

Shw was not Scots! The Weatherford family is from Tanworth,Warwickshire" England

5/24/2018 at 4:39 AM

If you were familiar with my Grandfather this never would have to be addressed.

5/24/2018 at 11:47 AM

Pardon my previous statement. I appreciate what youve done so far. Could you correct his tribal name also? It is spelled Lvmhe Cate and pronounced Lumhee Chati.

5/24/2018 at 1:21 PM

Why don’t you try editing the profiles? I could get it wrong and then I’ll get yelled at again. We also may have a Creek language module in the name fields where you could add the names in that language. See https://www.geni.com/blog/new-on-geni-multilingual-profiles-386125....

5/24/2018 at 7:59 PM

Done. Try to be a little more appreciative and respectful to the Curators Randall. They are unpaid volunteers and just individuals such as yourself with a love of history and the search for the truth. The information you have help's them to make this tree as historically accurate as possible. We are only as good as the information available to us. Please check my amendments and let me know if it appears correct. Made a note in the overview to your reference of his being a "Red Stick" war leader.

5/24/2018 at 8:04 PM

You are welcome to edit as you see fit. This is a public tree, it is your family, help us make it right. No one should know it better than the descendants of the lineage such as yourself. If you have them, please add your sources to the profile.

5/25/2018 at 4:17 AM

It seems like about every discussion that I come upon that deals with Native Americans, I am blood to them...."Red Eagle" is my 13th cousin, 4x removed. What's funny is, I just added a Tate to a tree that I was working on yesterday. I'll have to glance back to see if there's any connection. That tree involved a "Chief" Jeremy Cacique. lol

5/25/2018 at 10:39 AM

I am related to the Tates on my fathers Paternal grandmothers tree. Amanda Moxley was her name, her mother was a Tate that ties into this Tate group.

5/25/2018 at 1:17 PM

William Weatherford's half-brother was David Tate. Son of British Col. John Tate and Sehoy III.
It is David Tates' plantation where William and his mother are buried in Baldwin, Alabama.

5/25/2018 at 1:41 PM

Your Col. John Tate's mother Mary Doak is my 6th great grandmother. She was married to two Tate's, Robert Hood Tate and also to a John Tate, my 6th great grandfather. My John was your Robert's uncle.

5/26/2018 at 11:08 AM

Who is Robert?

5/26/2018 at 2:30 PM

Okay, You said that David Tate, was William Weatherford's half brother and that David Tate's father was Col. John Tate, correct?

Well Colonel David "John" Tate's father was Robert Hood Tate. Also, Colonel Tate is my 6th great uncle as his mother Mary Tate (Doak) is my 6th great grandmother. Good? Sounds like a hillbilly soap opera....

Col. Adam “David” Taitt

8/17/2020 at 5:11 PM

I would hope the info for this site was well-researched and could be used as a guide for the genealogy of this David Taitt. It does not list parents, which concurs with info some of his descendants have. It does not list his name as Adam, anywhere that I can find. His relationship to William Weatherford, Sehoy and son Davy are all recorded. Unless something can be proven otherwise, it would seem logical to me to use the research data from this link and that any changes from that should be equally well-documented.

http://encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/h-1538

8/17/2020 at 6:57 PM

Note that in "The McGillivray and McIntosh Traders, On the Old Southwest Frontier 1716-1815" Amos J. Wright extensively discusses identity of Sehoy III's husband and concludes that it was one Adam Tate.

8/18/2020 at 8:10 AM

I guess that settles that. I'm not familiar with that publication and hadn't seen anywhere that he was called Adam. It's confusing.

Showing all 25 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion