Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex - Prince Harry of Wales?

Started by Private User on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by the Dutch Ministry of Defence. CC0 1.0. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lancering_Invictus_Games_2020-7_(cropped).jpg
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
5/20/2018 at 8:06 AM

Shouldn't his familyname Mountbatten-Windsor be visible just like it is in his brother's profile?

5/20/2018 at 12:57 PM

Since Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, is my 8th blood cousin 4 times removed on my father's, Louis McClanahan, family side, I would have no objection.

Currently when I am discussing Prince Harry, I will address his name as Prince Harry, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and/or HRH Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales, Duke of Sussex..

Jari Hamalainen, in reference to a Geni family genealogy path, you and I are 23rd blood cousins thrice removed.

5/24/2018 at 10:14 AM

Jari, you are my 23rd cousin once removed and Wayne you are my 19th cousin 3x removed. I would believe, according to Debretts - addressing a letter to the Prince would incorporate HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex. KVCO

5/24/2018 at 11:50 AM

no. direct heirs to the throne do not have a surname

Why Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Family Don't Have Last Names

http://time.com/5219397/royal-family-queen-elizabeth-last-name/

Private User
5/24/2018 at 8:10 PM

Look at legal documents he signs, He can use a couple different surnames, The official surname, or as he does Wales, so it is William Wales and Henry Wales. Royals tended, and still do, use the House name as a surname. I forget but I think the official name is Mountbatten-Windsor.

Private User
5/29/2018 at 8:28 AM

Whatever. But currently there is HRH Prince Harry of Wales, Duke of Sussex and then HRH Prince William Mountbatten-Windsor, Duke of Cambridge. I don't see any justified reason for the variation between these two.

6/4/2018 at 4:32 AM

Harry is not the legal name of the Prince, it is Henry!

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion