John Petit - Jane Petit born 1453

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 117 posts

I know at least one person who would be quite envious of your find.

Some of us want nobility, some of us want democracy. :)

Ha he is only my 12th great uncle till I prove otherwise, I am not 100% sure of our connection yet, but cannot find another so it does help with working to have the links.

I am a Royalist and a pacifist :D

Re the Rev. Hugh Peters, Regicide:

The About section states that he was baptized on June 27, 1598 -- while his date of birth is June 29, 1598 -- It, also, states that his father was Thomas Dirkwood and, a little further, Thomas Dykewood.

Currently, he is my 6th cousin 14X, but that is because Margaret Trenowith is not displaying as my GGM, which affects my Petit, Killigrew, Michell lines & I'm afraid to look further

Welcome to the cleanup Linda, Your help appreciated.

I would like to start with a clean bio and building source citations. He should be in Cambridge alumni (the Venn studies) and there should also be Parish registers for his vitals. And we need to check the controversial marriage of his daughter.

For Shaz’s side on the siblings, again, Parish registers for baptism dates.

I've added the sources to Hugh but wont write it out. Have added sources for Thomas as well and I think he can be MP'd as well. Rev. Thomas Peters, D.D.

Deliverence Sheffield added the deceaced husband Sheffield so her last name is un known.

Rev. Thomas Peters, D.D. MP done. Can you resolve conflicting data?

Maybe the "of Joshua Skiggs" is her father? Can you please check that ?

Linda Wellman We’ve improved but we’re not there yet. I refreshed the relationship path and now you show as 19th great niece. Incidentally we are now closer cousins through Rev Lathropp

https://www.geni.com/path/Margaret-Trenowith+is+related+to+Linda-We...

Visitation of Rutland, a Deliverance (Puritan name) daughter of Sampson Sheffield & Elizabeth Woodroffe

https://books.google.com/books?id=eawKAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA19&dq=s...

But I don’t know if the Identity is accepted as Hugh Peters 2nd wife

Ill leave Deliverance to you :) I put up the conflicts for my working, thinking the burial does not belong to him as nothing places him in London except maybe if he was important enough to be buried there.

I ended up closer too 11th GGrandfather not 12th.

I was just working on John Skewys as my family is also from Skews and there were 90 record matches to him, they have all now disappeared :(

More about the family background of the Rev Hugh Peter here:

https://books.google.com/books?pg=PA1&id=GnwqAAAAYAAJ#v=onepage...

I added text extract to his father, Thomas Dyckwood, alias Peters

I have done the bio here Rev. Thomas Peters, D.D.

His marriage is not correct, think to follow the Winthrop relatedness

North Hill connection for my line occurs 1644 via supposed son John possibly baptised 24 Jul 1616 in Surry

Is this correct, seems like a very young father for a Puritan Divine

John Peters

This is my girl Catherine Selina Lavinia Hooper and where I merged in from memory some years ago, the tree them went via Wales and I got a curator to fix it from memory. Her only possible baptism was the Thomas above.

As far as that John, the date is not set in stone, niether is the line :)

Lets get it right.

AH! I see now in reading the Peter Family book that its been a mixup of some wanting to be related to Hugh AND some Baron, is why whittle is often added in Essex.

Catherine Selina has two husbands ?

I see a 1626 birth date for John in trees which would make more sense. His father could not have married while obtaining his degrees.

She has a child and marriage to Jacobs brother, he dies and she and Jacob come to SA with their tribe, no marriage recorded for Jacob. Age of the death recorded etc, was of husband not a child, think I checked that from memory, so only assume brother took the widow and son on and had a wonderful life together <3

This is the Baron line, totally separate but might be why Dyckwoode changed name to Peter.

Henry Peter

I have tried also to see if she was married before, so married name Peter, but not so either.

In the early days of doing this, people had her married to some Nobalman first, dates didn't add up so she was her own mother

The weekest link:
Day Month 15-Jun
Year 1671
Parish Or Reg District North Hill
Forename John
Surname PETERS
Sex son
Father Forename
Mother Forename
Residence
Father Rank Profession
Notes
Transcriber Notes
Transcriber Sue Mutton
John Peters

But I found this

Name:Peters, John
Dates: 1739
Place:Northhill, Cornwall, England
Collection:Cornwall and Devon: -Calendar of Wills Administrations and Accounts relating to the counties of Cornwall and Devon in the Consistorial Archidiaconal Court of Cornwall, 1700-1799
Volume:Archdeaconry of Cornwall, Wills and Administrations. Part 2, 1700-1799.
Chapter:Anne, Who was Wife of Fulk Fitzwaryn, Son and Heir of Fulk Fitzwarin.
Text:Peters, John, Northhill 1739

Thanks! Yes, I am descended both from Margaret & her brother, John Trenowith. I think I found part of the problem with my Mitchell, Killigrew, Trenowith lines: Someone has disconnected Thomasine Hull (Mitchell) from her husband, George Hull...started a discussion

...which, also, impacts my Petit lines

Linda Wellman We havn't disconnected anything here (yet) but if you post the links here, we can work together better I think.

Here is the line of St Merryn Gregory Peter, of Harlyn Gregory High Sheriff of Cornwall https://archive.org/stream/b24877876_0002#page/1030/mode/1up/search...

Heres a Sir William Peters married to Elizabeth Treffry (Martha and Deborahs sister?) John Petre, 1st Baron Petre FATHER of REV Hugh and Thomas!

Showing 31-60 of 117 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion