German East Africa Campaign (1916–1918)

Started by Private User on Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Showing all 11 posts
Private User
4/25/2018 at 1:31 PM

I found this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Overseas_Expeditionary_...

My Gandma's cousin was killed in this East Africa campaign

Is there a project for this, or will it fall under this Project?

4/25/2018 at 1:38 PM

Yes I think it would. Do you want to just add it or research it more?

Private User
4/27/2018 at 12:46 PM

Just thought to add the cousin the project.
Theunis Lodewyk van Zyl

4/28/2018 at 12:34 AM

Go for it! :-)

Hi Sharon Sharon Doubell and everyone,

I am not sure if I have asked this before, but is it possible that we can add all the probate's of fallen soldiers, policeman and others that have not been added on Geni to a Project Page, that someone can create for us. As I go along my research, I find so many probates, that are not added on Geni yet, and then also, a lot British people that came into SA back in the late 1800's.... perhaps families are searching for them... and this way we can help them connect the dots? I know the feeling of hitting a brickwall and I search randomly and everywhere for mine, always with lots of hope....

Perhaps name the Project Page, "Is this your lost family?" In the end we are all trying to get our families connected

:-))

4/28/2018 at 11:03 AM

Gail, I don't really understand - wouldn't that involve hundreds of records? How would they be searchable?
Better, maybe, to create Geni profiles for probates you find and attach the records to them?
You can 'Create A Branch' on the Research drop down menu that isn't linked to the tree.

If you want to attach those profiles to a Project, I can create that one for you.

Thank You so much Sharon,

Okay great, I will do that.

I didn't know that they wouldn't be searchable, and yes there would be hundreds of records including profiles, and YES PLEASE if you would create me a Project for them....

that would be perfect, as I have a passion to get these people seen and claimed by family PLEASE?

Thank you so very much Sharon, this is awesome :-)

4/29/2018 at 12:57 AM

Charles Joseph Pattison - Well done.
We probably need a Delville Wood project - but I don't have the time :-/

You have helped tremendously, and made it happen. I have had this idea for awhile, to group them all together. Now all these people will find their rightful places on the tree someday, and get added by their family.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion