Mathias Laurentii Stutaeus - About Mathias Laurentii Stutaeus

Started by Laila V.M Lindqvist Forgbert on Thursday, April 12, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
4/12/2018 at 12:44 PM

In the book by Heikki Ylikangas "Klubbekriget" the bloody farmer´s war in Finland, 1596-97. There is written that he was the vicar that was beaten to death by Fleming´s men. Hi´s wife Sofia was beaten very badly. It´s a very interesting book to read if you dont have it already.
Laila

Private User
4/14/2018 at 8:53 AM

Hello, I have not read this book, but this story has been told long time ago and is widely known in Ilmajoki.
One thing is that there is no source or original information about Matias' or his wife's parents. There are old stories but no real proof about Stuut as Sofia's father.
Matias Laurentii has not been mentioned with a surname in the original documents, and there is no information about his parents or birth place. This is based on the information of Ilmajoki based surveyors like Tapio Piirto who has gone through all possible documents availbe from 1500 century in Ilmajoki.

4/15/2018 at 6:20 AM

Thank you for your information. I have some issues to find info in Swedish about the storys that is told in Finnish. I can not read or speak Finnish so it is very important that my Finnish friends can help😊😊/Laila
Matthias Laurentii Laurentii

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion