Two many Richard Balls?

Started by Karl David Wright on Sunday, March 25, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-32 of 32 posts

So, the real confusion has been between Col. William Ball and William "Assumed Ancestor" Ball, no? They just both happened to have a son named Richard who lived in Virginia.

The postulate you posted seems eminently sensible, given that, although I don't know anything about the spawn (or lack thereof) of Elizabeth Linton. But it is consistent with this:

"Others have put forward Richard Ball and Elizabeth Linton as the parents of John Ball. The father of Elizabeth Linton was a Moses Linton of Lower Norfolk Co., VA. Richard Ball and Elizabeth with several Lintons moved to the Fairfax-Stafford county area from Norfolk Co. At this time, there is no known record evidence which links Richard Ball and Elizabeth Linton with John Ball."

As far as I can tell, there is no such person as "William Assumed Ancestor" Ball. He is identified as Col William Ball of Millenbeck, and we know that's wrong, as his children are accounted for.

What seems to be known is that there was a (Richard) Ball who came from Lower Norfolk with Moses Linton, his father in law, to old King George County, and had a plantation called Hunting Creek.

And he was not the father of John Ball, who married Winifred Williams, and who was a son of a James Ball of Maryland.

There could be more gleaned but I'm ready to relationship lock him as "parents unknown" until someone can can come up with more facts.

Showing 31-32 of 32 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion