Mary Ayers Parker

Started by Cynthia Ann Machado on Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 21 posts
3/7/2018 at 6:03 PM

This person has been merged to my line and I think she's the wrong person . Its a master profile. At first I thought it was cool . Her being in the witch trials and all that horrible stuff but as i started looking , I am not finding any proof she was actually married to Walter Neale Capt.
I believe that there must have been another Mary Ayers maybe ?? I'm just confused and not experienced enough to figure it out.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do.

3/7/2018 at 9:10 PM

I can’t find the profile you are talking about.

Can you give us a link to it?

3/7/2018 at 9:19 PM

Oh my that's the thing I don't know how to show you Unless I just invite you
To my my line

3/7/2018 at 9:22 PM

I don't know how to paste URL ?? To what ever. gosh
I'm sorry i ve never had to do that before

3/7/2018 at 9:47 PM

Up at the top of the profile page is the address. If you are on an Apple machine, click on it, and you should get options, including “copy.” Pick that.

If you are on a PC, click on the address at the beginning of it, and, holding down the left button on your mouse, scroll to the end of the address. The whole thing should change color. Press Control and C at the same time. (The C doesn’t have to be capitalized. You just need the key.)

Then, come back here, and start another answer.

If you are on an Apple machine, click in the message — I know on my iPad i tough and press for a bit — and options will appear that include “paste.” Choose that.

If you are on a PC, start the message, and press Control and V at the same time.

3/7/2018 at 10:29 PM

Anne Brennan you are my 14 th cousin wow !
Any way I will get back tomorrow afternoon and have my daughter help me with hands on thank you all for being so nice talk tomorrow
Cindy

3/8/2018 at 11:22 AM

I think I found your question people !

Do you mean Capt Walter Neal and Mary Parker, Salem Witch Trials

3/8/2018 at 11:34 AM

And you’re absolutely correct, it was bad merge, I’m so sorry.

Mary Neal

We have to get sourcing data into the profile now, and I’ve made your Mary into a Master Profile so she doesn’t get mixed up again.

3/8/2018 at 1:23 PM

This is interesting. She may not have been an Ayer at all.

From http://www.kristinhall.org/fambly/Haines/MaryHaines.html

Torrey states that Captain Walter Neal married either Mary Ayres or Mary Haines[7]. However, other sources show that the Ayres family were not established in the area until the mid-1700s, while the Haines family was firmly established and had a daughter named Mary who would have been born at the right time to be of age to marry Captain Walter Neal by 1661. In addition, Captain Walter's will mentions that his land was adjacent to that of Matthias Haines (Mary's brother). There is no mention of Ayres in any interactions with Walter Neal. Thus, I believe that Walter Neal and Mary Haines were husband and wife.

3/8/2018 at 1:59 PM

Here's the Samuel Haines proposed as Mary Neal's father

Dea Samuel Haines, Sr.

3/9/2018 at 7:55 AM

Sounds like that might be the case. I was not finding anything with Mary Ayers except on the New England marriages .
Which has Walter Neale marriage to a
Mary Ayers ? . Which has question mark after her last name.

3/9/2018 at 8:04 AM

Wow I will study this .
I am amazed at how easy it can be to totally get pointed in a wrong direction.
Thank you . Makes me wonder how many mistakes I have made in my line .

3/9/2018 at 8:17 AM

Yep I think your right Erica. Wow I bet that is what happened . Last name on Mary was mistaken for Ayers instead of Haines .

3/9/2018 at 9:17 AM

What I’ve found is that the first generation to America has lots of bogus ancestry in circulation; the fact that you checked Torrey’s New England Marriages before 1700 and interpreted it correctly is a good sign on your genealogy skills. Further down the Neal tree you’ll be hampered by poor record keeping in Colonial New Hampshire & Maine. To your advantage is this is not an overwhelmingly popular tree, so it’s not corrupted by legend and mixups.

I think the next step is to study the Haines tree and ensure you see no contradictions to Kristin Hall’s supposition. I’ve extracted from her compilations before and found her work to be good, which is why I was pretty psyched to find she had treated the family. Try and read at least some of her citations for yourself also. And then we’ll see about connecting with an appropriate caveat.

3/9/2018 at 11:11 AM

Sounds like good advice thank you so much

3/9/2018 at 12:48 PM

I was hesitating a bit because I saw a Mary Haines unknown Weeks

But it wasn’t her name - no one knows what it was. There are links to more information in her profile and in her parents.

The Haines tree also intersects my own !

Hill > Brackett > Weeks > Haines & now maybe Neal.

3/11/2018 at 2:23 PM

Erica
I have one other request. Would you please look at Daniel Allen Neal Sr 02/18/1792 -01/03/1865 son of Joshua Neal . I cant seem to find a source for Joshua Neal being Daniel Neal's father. On Joshua
Neal 1756- 1840 all the people that have him in their family lines they dont have sources.
https://www.geni.com/family-tree#6000000019569585040

3/14/2018 at 7:07 PM

So lets try working on primary sources for Daniel A. Neal

First off, can you fill in locations for him?

I see a FamilySearch tree here that looks OK for a start

(next message)

3/14/2018 at 7:11 PM

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/4:1:24LD-R2N

Can you see the tree? Does it have citations to sources?

I also see a census report

https://www.myheritage.com/research/record-10127-8250040/daniel-nea...

Daniel Neal
Year: 1860; State: Maine; County: Washington; Township: Jackson Brook Plt No 9, R 3,; NARA Publication: M653; Sheet: 98; Page: 108; Line: 30

Citation:
Daniel Neal
Birth: Circa 1793 - New Hampshire, United States
Residence: 1860 - Jackson Brook Plt No 9, R 3,, Washington, Maine, USA
Wife (implied): Mary Neal
Daughter (implied): Hannah Neal

I download census reports and upload to Geni profiles so I can study them, but putting a link (now that you know how! Yay daughter!) into the profile is also good - so you can study it on line.

3/14/2018 at 7:39 PM

Here's about a generation up: Walter Neal and Lydia Parsons

https://books.google.com/books?id=8nEUAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA599&ot...

History of Newfields, New Hampshire, 1638-1911
By James Hill Fitts

3/14/2018 at 8:02 PM

Here's your Patriot, Joshua Neal's, record in the Daughters of the American Revolution Database

http://services.dar.org/Public/DAR_Research/search_adb/?action=full...

I see he had a service pension Pension Number:  *S45034

It is possible Daniel would be referenced on it.

No descendant of Daniel has applied for membership, but other children of Joshua & Mary Tarleton have. If you can you should enter their names and details in the tree, because Daniel's siblings can help verify the relationship to parents (or disprove it).

By the way I saw in a quick look at another town history a Haines / Neal marriage (they give Mary as Ayers though). But that's a plus for Haines family marriage(s).

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion