ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, February 23, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 241-270 of 4314 posts

Someone merged my daughter's profile with my father's.

Private User

Could this be undone?

Talynn Aram Hanissian
It is fixed

It was you daughter who merged the profiles
"
Aram Hanissian was merged into Chana Kapusta by Chana Kapusta.
Tue at 9:10 PM · view

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000042655461344?idx=0&re... These appear to be the same person, both MP.

Please split the tree by removing this profile from his [incorrect] parents. Thank you!

Robert Lee Goding, Jr.

Please set the parents as George and Frances.

Lt. John Estes Yates

Please complete the merge.

Benjamin Thomas

Private User, jag ser att Sancho rättats upp av annan kurator.

Angus Wood-Salomon thanks for all the help

Private User ja, men tack ändå, tyvärr är det beklagligt att vem som helst kan klippa och härja samt splittra trä med låsta profiler, tydligen är inget system idiotsäkert.

I still need my request above completed, please. It got lost in the other comments.

Private User,

Can you please have another look at it. I had to undo a merge that was done in error.

Kevin

A couple of my 6th great-grandparents are marked as "living", which means I'm unable to view their profiles (too great of a remove for Geni to pick up that they're relatives).

I've tried contacting the profile owner, but no response.

Is it possible to have them marked as deceased (they probably died in the 1700s)?

Jakub ? Frakman
and
Moszek ? ?

Thanks!

Private User -- done.

Private User Thank you!

I needs some assistance. I merged the following profile of my relative, Martha Archer, with a profile listing a second husband, John Archer, III, but I am not sure this is the husband of my relative and need help sorting it out:

My relative is her husband, Allison Clark(e). Is this something a curator can help me with?

Joseph Johns

Please.........help! How did my paternal third great grandmothers second husband go from a JOHNS to a JONES with a new set of parents?

Private User
I have attempted to clean it up but I have asked another Curator Linda Kathleen Thompson, (c) to look at it

(No Name)
There was a merge on it, which I undid, please check now
Joseph Johns was merged into Joseph H. Jones by Alexander M Bishop.
Feb 3 at 4:37 PM · view

If this ever happens again, go into the profile and click on the 'Revisions' tab it will tall you what occurred

(No Name) -- according to the Revision Tab, "Joseph Johns's parents were changed to Jesse Jones and Betsy (Owens) Jones by Bård Asphjell. -- on
Jun 4, 2016 at 8:11 AM" --
[aside -- Would really appreciate if, instead of just telling you which folks parents were changed to, the revision tab also told you which folks they were changed from!!]

And after that, folks kept merging him with what is probably a correct son of the Jones's.
I see not only last name, but place of birth, etc etc have been changed -- See Feb. 16, 2017 on Revision Tab. Was your ancestor born in Texas or Iowa? Born in Feb 25 or May 1? Died July 8, 1892 OR Oct. 8, 1898? [or other values?]

Hopefully, one of the Curators can help you if you give them the correct info for your ancestor.

Angus Wood-Salomon - I cross-posted with you - but please note - seems errors go back further than just what you undid and more fixing is probably needed.

Angus Wood-Salomon

Many thank-you's! Sorry for my ignorance. :( I will keep trying to learn at my snail pace.

Private User

I was unaware of the revisions tab. I have mountains to learn.Thank-you for pointing it out. I will spend some time getting familiar with this feature. I have not looked at that particular part of the tree in some time and would usually cross check in Find A Grave but the site is having issues. I have the paternal part of my tree somewhat memorized but was more focused on Abigail's first husband who was my ancestor. The original intent when I began with Geni was to sort out this part of my tree and do remember from many years ago the name Johns and the children that descended from Abigail (Zornes) Pa(R)trick, Johns. Also, the stone photo does not include any mention of a "Jones". Again, thank-you all for your patience and consideration.

Thank you, Angus!

Dear curators will somebody of your staff help me with the next issue, Vanessa Van de Maele,daughter of Erwin Van de Maele and Martine Horlez did me massage on my tree with the next request,can i see my profile on your tree,i made a call to her father and he tells me Robert she dont have any permisssion from me to see that,what i bring over to Vanessa,she replied to me if i can see that than i will be no longer in your tree and i will that my profile be removed from your tree, and also that of my mother Martine Horlez,my question is i am the only holder of both profiles can i deleted both profiles, otherwise will you do this. Thanks Robert Maria Everaerts.

Hi can someone merge these 2 profiles?
https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000077047832831?fsession_id=...

Thanks

rvk yes they were

Could somebody please assist to undo this merge from way back when if possible.
Elizabeth Christie

Elizabeth Johanna Wilhelmina Labuschagne (Christie) was merged into Elizabeth Johanna Wilhelmina Catharina Labuschagne (Christie) by <private> Taljaard.
Aug 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=69396052890

Thank you.

Private User. — I don’t understand. That looks like a good merge.

Samson Roos

wrong parents. in fact they are the parents of his (duplicate) wife

Showing 241-270 of 4314 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion